Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 08:36 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times

Advertisements

They were prepared to kill and they waited till the Christmas party to gun them down. I got the message. It wasn't work place violence. It was a Christian massacre .

Old 12-03-2015, 08:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Default Company Christmas Parties, being Cancelled!

It is starting to happen folks.

My daughter just got an e-mail and her work Christmas Party has been cancelled.

They have won!

Old 12-03-2015, 08:41 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They were prepared to kill and they waited till the Christmas party to gun them down. I got the message. It wasn't work place violence. It was a Christian massacre .
Why not wait until Christmas day then and do a massacre at a church? If workplace had absolutely nothing to do with it, then they would have waited. That building, those people were targeted for a reason beyond Christianity.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:44 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's still too early in the investigation to call it an act of ISIS terrorism. All the investigators on the ground certainly are NOT ready to call it that. Yes, one of the shooters was an American born Muslim but so far they are not finding anything else to connect him to ISIS or to a manifest. He also worked at the place he shot up and had an argument with someone at the party just before going home and loading up on weapons. To understand what happened we need to not jump to conclusions and let the evidence take the investigation where ever it goes. You could be right in the end. You could be wrong. It doesn't help to spread humors in the meantime until we know all the facts that can be found. If you truly are in law enforcement, I'd think you'd know the difference between letting the evidence lead you instead of having a foregone conclusion and looking for evidence to support it.
Don't let your ignorance get in the way of shooting your mouth off about things of which you know nothing. We all know (in LE) what happened but are stopped by politicians and bosses (who also know the truth of this event) all to make the morons among you feel better about the great job they're doing and try to deflect the truth to something you can handle.

People like you ARE the problem and you are worthy of being dismissed, nothing more. Put your faith in the system and obambo. Yeah, that's the ticket. Oh, and watch out where you shop in the next few weeks, malls are soft targets too.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:45 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,523,369 times
I work for a big company so I highly highly highly doubt we would cancel. However, if we did, I would hope people would get organized to meet somewhere outside of work to have it. So stupid to not have it.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:47 AM

19,814 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Unless I have missed it, the motive for the killings has still not be determined, right?

It seems to me that as it took place at a party for Farook and his co-workers, that that it is now being reported that there were were no Muslims involved in the attack other than Farook and his wife, and that, reportedly, Farook had exchanged angry words with a co-worker before leaving the party and then returned, that this just MIGHT have been a incident of workplace rage that escalated into a terrorist attack at the urging of his wife. I say this because Farook was born in the U.S., and his wife had just arrived from Saudi Arabia about two years ago.

However, at this point, I think that the motivation for the attack can only be guessed at.

P.S. to Wayland Woman -- Sorry that I did not read your post before I read yours because you basically said the same thing I did before I did.

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Default Sayed Farook - San Bernardino Terrorist - Described Himself as "Very Liberal."

Sayed Farook, one of the San Bernardino terrorists, described himself in a dating profile as "very liberal."

Quote:
On the same page, Farook preaches his love of snowboarding, camping, and working on cars, and further describes his personality as cautious, reserved, skeptical and very liberal.

What does this mean? It means that Democrats and Liberals can put away their silly default stereotypes about domestic terrorists being "right wing Christian nut jobs." That's what it means.

Motive Still a Mystery in San Bernardino Shooting as Police Investigate Shooters - ABC News

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
This is an intriguing and perplexing case. Both sides have some grounds for argument, although it looks like its leaning towards Islamic terrorism. But maybe they were just evil? They didn't seem as bug nutty as Robert Dear, at least. But Farook did lash out at his coworkers and at his workplace. But he picked a time when others would be there. And he had it planned in advance and had his wife as a willing participant. He wanted to tape it and share the bloodshed and violence. He built bombs. Bought body armor. They'll have to go over his home for fingerprints and check his computer and phone records to see who his accomplices and co conspirators may have been.
So who wins or loses? they used assault rifles, apparently. I say apparently because sometimes people say that as in the case of Robert Dear and then later no details on the weapons are made public and we're left with speculation. But it was an act of terror, also. Islamic terror. The feds don't win, they let this one get by them. The police don't win, these two got away from the scene and were only caught later when they returned, supposedly to attack the police. Both the anti gun and pro gun lobby can claim justification. Obama's credibility is zero already so he doesn't win. The people who were killed and injured and their families lose. Maybe Isis wins. The gun makers win. People will buy more guns now.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:48 AM

39,079 posts, read 51,252,674 times
They should just pass out guns at the door.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:49 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
describes his personality as cautious, reserved, skeptical.........this right here would tell you he was a Liberal.

All he left out was "angry."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies