Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 06:34 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
And there it is.

This place is slowly turning into Stromtfront, little by little.
Hold it right there, please!

Why I said "Mexican" does NOT have boo to do with "race". Culture maybe but def NOT race. I'd feel the SAME way if most aliens in the US; legal or illegal were Irish and I'm of Irish family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 06:35 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This was a scientific study right?

National IQ Scores - Country Rankings
Your IQ data is outdated, and the 100 value was not even measured but expected.
After Lynn et al. really measured it in a few places in China later, they found it is way too high, and thus they "rounded it down" to match the new data from Korea and Japan, so the new value is 105.

Students from Shanghai top all subjects in PISA test,and the gap is HUGE. However, students from Shanghai are known to be "lazy" and "do not score well" in China.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progra...ssessment#2012

Old 12-03-2015, 07:45 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Your IQ data is outdated, and the 100 value was not even measured but expected.
After Lynn et al. really measured it in a few places in China later, they found it is way too high, and thus they "rounded it down" to match the new data from Korea and Japan, so the new value is 105.

Students from Shanghai top all subjects in PISA test,and the gap is HUGE. However, students from Shanghai are known to be "lazy" and "do not score well" in China.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progra...ssessment#2012
Your link is a wiki link to something about student assessment scores. That was not your claim. Your claim was I.Q. Until you post something relevant we will go with my link.

While you are at it, get the info on your 99.9% claim.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Your link is a wiki link to something about student assessment scores. That was not your claim. Your claim was I.Q. Until you post something relevant we will go with my link.

While you are at it, get the info on your 99.9% claim.
That 99.9% is obviously a rhetorical use, which exists in all languages including English. That being said, I read Yahoo news regularly and have never found any positive article to praise China there. Let me repeat it, never.

I'm using my cell phone to type so it is hard to do search, but here is a link to IQ data (from where you can find more resources).
https://theslittyeye.wordpress.com/2...aphy-in-china/

Old 12-03-2015, 10:19 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,264 times
Quote:
I read Yahoo news regularly and have never found any positive article to praise China there. Let me repeat it, never.
I just checked Yahoo News (which as you know is just an aggregator, the stories are from all over the web).

Here is a list of the results, which don't appear to be ALL negative. Are you saying that Rueters, Bloomberg, WSJ and others are biased against China?

China is spending billions in Africa
CNN MoneyDec 03 04:49 AM

China's Great Economic Shift Brings Little to Global Rebalancing
BloombergDec 02 08:29 AM

China says to cut power sector emissions by 60 percent by 2020
Reuters via Yahoo! NewsDec 02 08:18 AM

China Energy Engineering Said to Price $1.8 Billion Initial Sale
Bloomberg via Yahoo! FinanceDec 02 07:29 PM

China Energy Engineering Corp. Raises $1.8 Billion in Hong Kong IPO
The Wall Street JournalDec 02 07:32 PM

China denies Australia weather 'hack'
BBC NewsDec 03 04:49 AM

China's Xinhua says U.S. OPM hack was not state-sponsored
Reuters via Yahoo! FinanceDec 02 01:17 PM

China Joins World's Elite Currency Club
The Wall Street JournalDec 01 06:26 PM

Old 12-03-2015, 10:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
That 99.9% is obviously a rhetorical use, which exists in all languages including English. That being said, I read Yahoo news regularly and have never found any positive article to praise China there. Let me repeat it, never.

I'm using my cell phone to type so it is hard to do search, but here is a link to IQ data (from where you can find more resources).
See the reality through my slitty little eyes? No thanks.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default The 'Made in China' story is falling apart

My prediction:

"American" companies that moved to China over the past 20 years will now be looking at starting up operations in Africa. They'll chase down the cheapest labor force they can find.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
I just checked Yahoo News (which as you know is just an aggregator, the stories are from all over the web).

Here is a list of the results, which don't appear to be ALL negative. Are you saying that Rueters, Bloomberg, WSJ and others are biased against China?

China is spending billions in Africa
CNN MoneyDec 03 04:49 AM

China's Great Economic Shift Brings Little to Global Rebalancing
BloombergDec 02 08:29 AM

China says to cut power sector emissions by 60 percent by 2020
Reuters via Yahoo! NewsDec 02 08:18 AM

China Energy Engineering Said to Price $1.8 Billion Initial Sale
Bloomberg via Yahoo! FinanceDec 02 07:29 PM

China Energy Engineering Corp. Raises $1.8 Billion in Hong Kong IPO
The Wall Street JournalDec 02 07:32 PM

China denies Australia weather 'hack'
BBC NewsDec 03 04:49 AM

China's Xinhua says U.S. OPM hack was not state-sponsored
Reuters via Yahoo! FinanceDec 02 01:17 PM

China Joins World's Elite Currency Club
The Wall Street JournalDec 01 06:26 PM
Did you read them (not just the title)? Are they really positive?
For instance, many articles about China-Africa relations will have some comments about the "concerns" of Africans being exploited, or human rights violations, and so on. Trust me, I read many English articles about China and I know the agenda.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
See the reality through my slitty little eyes? No thanks.
Just use that as a reference for more resources. If you really read Lynn's book, you will know many countries' IQs were "expected" values in their book in 1994.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:20 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:

To be clear. IQ tests do not measure intelligence. They measure development of contemporary academic skills and the general confidence (psychology is at work here) in applying them.

Secondly, there are many studies have shown that Asians are not necessarily smarter or having higher IQ.

I've read a lot of articles online says China will be the next super power. China experienced economical miracle. Obviously, these are all positive. no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies