Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 06:43 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,975,472 times

Advertisements

I simply don't trust Muslim-Americans enough right now to put America's interests before Islam's interests. Let's say 90% of American-Muslims put America #1, that means 10% don't......and I don't trust those 10% and I don't want to risk American security to appease the other 90% of Muslims.

Until Islam experiences a period of Enlightenment, like Christianity did 700 years ago, I don't trust them.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:44 AM

756 posts, read 425,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhno75 View Post
There's nothing inherently worse about "suicide bombings" than there is about the old-fashioned homicide bombings that we like to deliver ourselves.
The difference is that 1/3 of the American public don't support them. As others have pointed out from polls, 1/3 of Muslims do.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:46 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,975,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think you have that backwards, it was McCain and many of the conservatives who wanted to arm the Syrian rebels, Obama resisted because we had no idea who these radicals where, rather sensible decision.
McCain is a Senator----Obama is the Commander-in-Chief----he is responsible for the military.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:50 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
"Liberals" are only wrong (or hypocritical) when they scrutinize other religions for their illiberalism but grant Islam a free pass from scrutiny. I don't believe they are wrong for suggesting that Muslims are generally peaceful people.

From the 350+ mass shootings committed by gun owners this year, how many of the perpetrators were Muslim? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd assume that the majority were not Muslim.

And using your logic, are gun owners not peaceful people because a minority of crazies abuse their Second Amendment right by creating havoc? No. They're responsible, law-abiding citizens.
Stop trying to add logic to what is clearly another Muslim bashing thread.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:53 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Some of those killed in San Bernadino were Muslims escaping violence, painting an entire religion because of some extremists is ignorant and irrational.

Thousands of peaceful Muslims live here, they're not going anywhere.
The problem isn't the thousands of peaceful Muslim that live here. The problem is that we have millions of Muslims that live here...and only thousands of them are peaceful.

Blaming all Muslims for the actions of "radicalized" Islam is like blaming ALL Nazis for the Holocaust. Not all Nazis ran the death camps. Plenty were "peaceful" and just joined the party for cultural or social reasons. Kind of like how not all KKK members tied the nots or burned crosses. But if this is what you chose to support...what does it make you?

Old 12-04-2015, 07:00 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The problem isn't the thousands of peaceful Muslim that live here. The problem is that we have millions of Muslims that live here...and only thousands of them are peaceful.

Blaming all Muslims for the actions of "radicalized" Islam is like blaming ALL Nazis for the Holocaust. Not all Nazis ran the death camps. Plenty were "peaceful" and just joined the party for cultural or social reasons. Kind of like how not all KKK members tied the nots or burned crosses. But if this is what you chose to support...what does it make you?
I would say millions are peaceful seeing we have between 5-12 million Muslims in the US. Blaming all Muslims is like blaming all gun owners when a nut job goes and shoots up a school.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:01 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Almost 25% of the global population is Muslim. There are two main denominations within Islam and hundreds, if not thousands, of sects within. They have been at each other's throats for more than a thousand years.

Politicians have used religion as a tool to recruit and control people since forever. Politicians used religion to invoke the 30 Year War in Europe. This war pitted Christians against Christians and was substantially more devastating than anything going on, right now. Can't imagine if those Christian terrorists had the technology to communicate.

Modern day terrorist use the rifts between Sunni and Shia and sects within, to achieve their goals.

The relative maturation of the Internet and social media have given terrorists and politicians a global tool not previously available to them. The Internet/ social media is used to communicate ideology, create alternate realities, distort information, validate perceptions, manipulate, goad and recruit.

It is strategically designed to appeal to vulnerable people and feed upon itself. We are now a country of people who are skeptical about the Muslim next door or in the next cubicle. We have LE , armed with search warrants, pointing guns at leaders of Farooq's mosque at their homes. The media is right there recording their outrage and it will be played all over the world, them vs us.

No doubt this latest attack will be good for gun sales/ ammunition- millions more of newly armed, untrained, fearful people, some of which have poor impulse control. What could possibly go wrong? Someone goes for a tissue in their pocket and it turns into a bloody massacre in a school, a church, a work place, on a flight, in a restaurant, in a stadium or a movie theatre.

The masses expect government to do something. Same mindset that enabled the US to go off and invade Iraq for reasons that had nothing to do with 9/11 or terrorism. The masses watched on prime time, the toppling of the Saadam statue and thought all was well in the world. Politicians threw the masses a tax cut and told us deficits/ debt does not matter while spending $1 Trillion a year, when interest on the incremental debt and long term VA benefits are factored in.

I'm going to maintain the perspective that I am more likely to be involved in a serious/ fatal car accident than a terrorist attack. And I say this as someone who was at WTC in 1993 and 9/11. If I can continue to distinguish between some and 25% of the world's population, what's your excuse?

Old 12-04-2015, 07:03 AM

369 posts, read 193,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
The difference is that 1/3 of the American public don't support them. As others have pointed out from polls, 1/3 of Muslims do.
No, more like 70% of Americans support them (Iraq invasion) or 85% (Hiroshima).

Old 12-04-2015, 07:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I would say millions are peaceful seeing we have between 5-12 million Muslims in the US. Blaming all Muslims is like blaming all gun owners when a nut job goes and shoots up a school.
You are right but that argument inevitably is used every time there is a non Muslim shooting.

Both arguments are ignorant.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:05 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Just wondering if enough lives have been lost for liberals to admit they were wrong about the religion of peace. Or will there need to be a few more massacres before they're convinced?
I`ll admit to it the day you agree that our guns for all policy is a disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies