Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 11:46 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Japan is also not constantly bombing them.
It doesn't matter. Japan is America ally and perhaps one of the strongest one. Japan spent 49.8 billion annually on defense, and spent millions of dollars on American bases in Japan.

I agree with you that foreign policy has something to do with it, that is why you don't want to keep your enemies CLOSER, you want them to stay AWAY from you. Again, common sense stuff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 11:49 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
inciting violence against any innocent people should be prosecuted.

the problem is with the word innocent.

there are actual people out there who believe in exacting revenge on strangers for what others have done is legitimate.
^ this

I don't think anyone has any problem with a certain level of surveillance (within the limits of Federal law and the US Constitution) against persons suspected of holding extremist views. I certainly don't. What I DO have a problem with is the people on this board who support outright violence against any and all Muslims, the arbitrary shutdown of every mosque, and deporting Americans who happen to be Muslims. THAT is where I have a problem.

Those who believe we have a right to attack any and all Muslims just for being Muslim are just as dangerous as the Muslim terrorists themselves.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:58 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
There is no anti-Muslim backlash. None. This is a non-story.

If the AG is looking for rhetoric that really does "edge toward violence," she might send her lawyers to the next Black Lives Matter march, but that will never happen and we all know why.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:02 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Could the current administration be any further out of touch with reality. Thanks to all the Democrats in power for such a wonderful gift to America..."Thank you!"

"The day after a horrific shooting spree by a "radicalized" Muslim man and his partner in San Bernardino, California, Attorney General Loretta Lynch pledged to a group of Muslim activists that she would take aggressive action against anyone who used "anti-Muslim rhetoric" that "edges toward violence."

Old 12-04-2015, 12:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It doesn't matter.
Of course it does.

Quote:
Japan is America ally and perhaps one of the strongest one. Japan spent 49.8 billion annually on defense, and spent millions of dollars on American bases in Japan.

I agree with you that foreign policy has something to do with it,
Then why in the world would you say it doesn't matter?

Quote:
that is why you don't want to keep your enemies CLOSER, you want them to stay AWAY from you. Again, common sense stuff
Another part of the problem is this whole "enemies" thing.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:06 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
^ this

I don't think anyone has any problem with a certain level of surveillance (within the limits of Federal law and the US Constitution) against persons suspected of holding extremist views. I certainly don't. What I DO have a problem with is the people on this board who support outright violence against any and all Muslims, the arbitrary shutdown of every mosque, and deporting Americans who happen to be Muslims. THAT is where I have a problem.

Those who believe we have a right to attack any and all Muslims just for being Muslim are just as dangerous as the Muslim terrorists themselves.
Who believes that? You are making **** up.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:08 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Could the current administration be any further out of touch with reality. Thanks to all the Democrats in power for such a wonderful gift to America..."Thank you!"
Hillary will be more of the same.
I supported her in '08, but no more; she's become a rubber stamp for the Obama administration.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:09 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Of course it does.

Then why in the world would you say it doesn't matter?

Another part of the problem is this whole "enemies" thing.
I doesn't matter if Japan bombs the muslim countries or not. Japan has no Muslim problem because Japan simply does't allow so many Muslims enter the country Hence, it doesn't matter. Got it>?

Why do you constantly blame the west for this terrorism problem? This blaming victim mentality needs to stop. These terrorists attack the civilians, CIVILIANS.

Crimes against humanity have often been blamed on the victims. You are part of the problems.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 12-04-2015 at 12:19 PM..

Old 12-04-2015, 12:11 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I doesn't matter if Japan bombs the muslim countries or not. Japan has no Muslim problem because Japan simply don't allow so many Muslims enter the country Hence, it doesn't matter. Got it>?

Why do you constantly blame the west for this terrorism problem? This blaming victim mentality needs to stop.

Go away
Exactly

Thailand and Philippines are being attacked by Islamic jihadists even though they have nothing to do with the Middle East. Their only crime is that they have a Muslim population within their borders.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:13 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Default Maybe the feds are doing their jobs, but the fact the media stormed the shooters

apartment is troubling:

Journalists storm San Bernardino shooters' apartment after landlord pries open door

I would think an FBI evidence team would be going through every fiber and looking for those middle eastern men seen coming and going from that apartment.

Again, maybe they are, but I have no confidence in this administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies