Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 04:01 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Your criteria also cover the ones I posted. The firing rate of each of those matches that of an AR variant. They all fire more destructive rounds caliber wise (except for the second one, it's more properly called a gauge in that one), are more accurate and can be reloaded nearly as quickly.

I ask again, which one of those three would you ban?
I am not familiar with them but if all 3 have are semi-automatic, capable of the same firing rate as an AR-15 and a 20 round clip easily detachable then yes they all should be banned.

Now answer my question do you think the AR-15 should be banned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 04:09 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I am not familiar with them but if all 3 have are semi-automatic, capable of the same firing rate as an AR-15 and a 20 round clip easily detachable then yes they all should be banned.

For my part no.. the AR-15 as well as the American version of the AK-47 are extremely effective hunting weapons for feral pigs. (These are considered a rodent here) That plus it is extremely useful in the protection of life and property. I realize you don't have feral pigs in the state of NJ, so ban them there if you like on a state basis, much the same as California has. I have no problem with this. It's your state.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:10 PM

45,402 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:

No. For the same reason the ones I posted, which you are "unfamiliar" and are generally recognized (by people who actually know what they're talking about) as sporting/hunting firearms.

Oh, for your information:
The first one is a Browning BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle) available in a variety of calibers, some of which will knock you out of your shoes.

The second one is a Browning Gold shotgun in 10 gauge.

The third one is a Remington 750 Synthetic. Also available in a variety of knock you out of your shoes calibers.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:14 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Very amusing.

"Clinton, not Bush, invaded Iraq."
I said Clinton, not Bush, decided to liberate Iraq using our military. It's true. Watch and listen to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=457jp8VGhEE

Old 12-06-2015, 04:23 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:

I'll answer: no

Old 12-06-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
No. For the same reason the ones I posted, which you are "unfamiliar" and are generally recognized (by people who actually know what they're talking about) as sporting/hunting firearms.

Oh, for your information:
The first one is a Browning BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle) available in a variety of calibers, some of which will knock you out of your shoes.

The second one is a Browning Gold shotgun in 10 gauge.

The third one is a Remington 750 Synthetic. Also available in a variety of knock you out of your shoes calibers.
Why shouldn't the AR-15 be banned, what would the function be in the hands of a civilian

Old 12-06-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
For my part no.. the AR-15 as well as the American version of the AK-47 are extremely effective hunting weapons for feral pigs. (These are considered a rodent here) That plus it is extremely useful in the protection of life and property. I realize you don't have feral pigs in the state of NJ, so ban them there if you like on a state basis, much the same as California has. I have no problem with this. It's your state.

That's it, feral pigs. Seems like that could be accomplished with other weapons.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:38 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Why shouldn't the AR-15 be banned, what would the function be in the hands of a civilian
Why should it be banned? I have a handgun that holds more rounds than California law allows for an AR-15 magazine and it can sustain the same rate of fire as both are semi automatic. People are afraid of the AR-15 for solely illogical reasons, mostly ignorance.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:46 PM

714 posts, read 356,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
Reader's guide to understanding the The NY Times.

Diversity - Failure to assimilate, or selective segregation.

Multiculturalism - Cultural enrichment through national suicide.

Progressiveness - Progress through perversity.

Tolerance - Welcoming your adversaries with open arms and unlimited welfare.

Political correctness - Fools trying to convince each other of their moral superiority through the absurd misuse of our language.(Racism, phobias, haters, ad nauseum).

Liberalism - The philosophy of self-loathing, grasping, sniveling brats and their career victims.

Far-right - Any position toward the political center from Marx-Engels.

Witty and an accurate description of the NYT.

I'm a life-long New Yorker. I used to read it when I was young in the late 1960's and 70's. At that time of course it was leftist. I watched it become more so in the 80's and 90's, and stopped reading it.

Since Bill Keller became editor in 2003, and his hand-picked successor Jill Abramson in 2011, I don't even know how to describe its political bent. The only word that comes to mind is extreme. It is certainly the most extreme leftist rag of a "newspaper" in any major city in the country. I put "newspaper" in quotes because its leftist outlook is not contained in its editorials and op-eds (which present only the leftist perspective about 90% of the time). That leftism seeps into what's supposed to be their hard news. They do this by positioning articles that meet their favor on the front page and burying ones that don't deep inside the paper, and sometimes not reporting them at all. They often phrase article headlines in a misleading way, and their reporters are chosen to reflect the views of the editor.

So I wouldn't give them a dime Occasionally I'll read an article for free on-line. On a side note, much of their readership is off the wall leftist in a very intolerant way. A few weeks ago, in a rare occurrence, the NYT published an op-ed which clearly conflicted with the leftist position. In comments, the readership ferociously berated the editors for even permitting such an opinion to appear. That reaction was shocking to me, but maybe it shouldn't have been.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
For the first time in the paper's history, they place a commentary column on the front page calling for a final solution to gun violence in America.
We knew this was coming from such a reliably leftist rag.
Really?

New York Times Puts Gun Control Editorial on Page 1 - ABC News

In light of the current events that have taken place and the call for banning certain weapons again, good luck with that, at a time for a call to arms is in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies