Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 11:00 AM

89,323 posts, read 45,051,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
But he [Clinton] did not invade (liberate) them
He made it legal to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I don`t know if they lied but it`s likely they didn`t have accurate information on weapons programs. Bush did have the information that there were no wmds to be found and he invaded anyway.
Clinton authorized the legal liberation of Iraq because of that info. And the most recent info Bush had was that Blix reported to the UN that there were significant amounts of unaccounted for WMD materials and weapons.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Bush did have the information that there were no wmds to be found and he invaded anyway.
No, he didn't. Blix reported the unaccounted for WMD materials and weapons in his January 2003 update to the UN. I posted the link.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Why would they move their only defenses out of the country when they know that they were about to be invaded? Would you?
Strategic reserve. To be recalled from allies at any time. Not too knowledgable on warfare strategy, huh?

A better question is why did Dem Senator Rockefeller take it upon himself to take an individual trip to the ME to tip off Iraq's allies ahead of time?

Old 12-07-2015, 12:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,976,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He made it legal to do so.
Just because something Can be done does not mean that it Should be done.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:09 PM

45,571 posts, read 60,845,911 times
Ya know kids, this thread is about the New York Times editorial calling for the banning and confiscation of certain classes of private firearms.

It's not about the "Who shot John" over Iraq.

Some of you guys turn every single thread into that every single time.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:16 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,903,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
All this shows is most gun owners are law breakers who should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law they are breaking.
Or it demonstrates a lack of confidence in government. I can't blame anyone for loosing faith in elected reps.
My hand guns are all registered as per the law. I don't know anyone who hasn't registered their hand guns.
Why should we trust government? Vets had their SSN's stolen and were put at risk.
A former Secretary of state defied rules and possibly laws to use a private server.
A Phil. Mayor released the confidential information of citizens who had CCW's.
NSA spying on citizens.
Ruby Ridge
Waco
Cops tasering children and elderly.
Cops getting tanks
IRS scandals
The list of broken promises and misuse of authority is staggering.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:17 PM

20,495 posts, read 12,423,523 times
I am now calling for a new York times turn in.

This papers existence is more likely to get people killed than all the law abiding gun owners combined.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:45 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,758,908 times
Can someone point me to the line in the 2nd amendment where it says the guns should only be hunting rifles? Considering the American revolution, and the political climate of trying desperately to limit the power of the federal government, I think it is much more factual to say that the founding fathers wanted the citizens to access to the same weapons that our federal government had.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:48 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,758,908 times
For those arguing about weapons of mass destruction, you are showing your lack of knowledge, it has been proven that those weapons were there and found in 2003, however instead of publicize it and take credit our government and President ignored the criticism and did what he was supposed to be doing. The New York Times was the 1st to report that they were found, and everybody in this thread knows haw much the times loved Bush.
New York Times Reports WMD Found in Iraq - US News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies