Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 02:35 PM

21,155 posts, read 19,742,228 times

Advertisements

"I have ordered the ATF to confiscate all guns from Americans and use them for Operation Fast & Furious II so 'refugees' can defend themselves while entering our country..."

Old 12-06-2015, 02:38 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
There is nothing Obama can say now.........nothing that would help.......it is to late.

I did not always agree with Bush..........but, I always knew he was on the side of the USA.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:38 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,990 times
Well, the bigger picture is that we have a gun problem in this country. You guys are talking about just 1 out of 353 mass shootings (4 or more were shot) in this country JUST in 2015. With, what, 300 million guns in the USA and we still have this problem. Someone wrote that these guns were illegal in CA BUT probably not in Nevada. So, we need a Federal law that registers, tracks, makes sure each gun has liability insurance and the owners are trained properly. Stolen guns used in mass shootings can be tracked to the owner and if not reported stolen, that owner is liable. Stuff like that. If Congress isn't going to do anything than Obama will have no choice than to sign an EO. The Republicans just allowed people on the terrorist watch list to buy guns. Interesting, huh?

Old 12-06-2015, 02:41 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,369,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
"Good evening, fellow Americans, tonight I would like to apologize to you for denying that Islamic terrorists are a threat to our country..."

(Please continue)
I would like to remind you of those poor suffering Syrians in France who are obviously not Islamic or a threat. So to defend us from dangerous elements in our own country we should provoke Muslims by attacking them a little more, then decide to open the floodgates to even more dangerous elements, rather than, you know trying to leave Muslims alone, and keeping our borders secure. You know, do what makes sense.

I have decided to replace the US constitution with Sharia, just for giggles, meaning all women must wear hijab... erm, I mean, head scarves are very fashionable. Look, Michelle Obama is wearing one!

Also check out my cool new tax code, it's only 3865 pages long, and written in 6 languages as an instruction manual complete with jargon.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 20 hours ago)

52,702 posts, read 47,981,010 times
In other words, he'll just be wasting his hot air and his time. Make sure y'all watch another channel tonight.

Or just keep hanging out here....

Old 12-06-2015, 02:47 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Well, the bigger picture is that we have a gun problem in this country. You guys are talking about just 1 out of 353 mass shootings (4 or more were shot) in this country JUST in 2015. With, what, 300 million guns in the USA and we still have this problem. Someone wrote that these guns were illegal in CA BUT probably not in Nevada. So, we need a Federal law that registers, tracks, makes sure each gun has liability insurance and the owners are trained properly. Stolen guns used in mass shootings can be tracked to the owner and if not reported stolen, that owner is liable. Stuff like that. If Congress isn't going to do anything than Obama will have no choice than to sign an EO. The Republicans just allowed people on the terrorist watch list to buy guns. Interesting, huh?
Your number on mass shootings is wrong.

You should stick with the tried and true FBI statistics instead of changing the formula to make it sound worse for political points.

Eo needs to actually be legal, FYI. Unless you want to establish a monarchy with the executive branch compltly ignoring the constitution and running roughshod over the other two branches of government.

You are busy proposing laws that make no difference while restricting the civil rights of every American.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:48 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,808,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Do you know you can only buy a gun in your home state?
Other state's laws are irrelevant.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:48 PM

21,155 posts, read 19,742,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
I have decided to replace the US constitution with Sharia, just for giggles, meaning all women must wear hijab... erm, I mean, head scarves are very fashionable. Look, Michelle Obama is wearing one!
"All women will be covered under Obamacare for female circumcision. But let me be clear, if you like your labia, you can keep your labia..."

Old 12-06-2015, 02:49 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,423,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I can guarantee that regardless of the content of the speech, most of CD P&OC will refuse to listen to it and decry it as anti-American.
They'll decry it while flying Confederate flags in their frontyard (next to delatpidated El Camino) and extolling the virtues of former KGB Vladimir Putin.

The irony will be lost on them.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Do you know you can only buy a gun in your home state?
Other state's laws are irrelevant.
He wants to make it extra super duper illegal.

How about we actually just punish people harsher who are in possession of a stollen gun or use a gun in a crime? That actually makes sense, punish the people who actually break the law instead of the 100+ million gun owners who have done nothing wrong. Of course here in liberal utopia California the people of the state passed a proposition that included stealing a gun was reduced to a misdemeanor instead of the previous felony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies