Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 07:40 AM

756 posts, read 424,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. not so much.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/42245734-post433.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 07:41 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
You really are a pro at misleading folks. I will pass your message onto the walmart heirs
I'm misleading no one. I'm posting only facts. Just totally blew you out of the water in my lat post. YOU'RE the one intentionally misleading people in your SJW rage.

And if Walmart is so bad and liberals, Dems, the poor, and the middle class disagree so much with what they do/provide, stop shopping there. Don't give them your business. Don't feed their profits.

I'm going to guess that you all don't realize you're part of the "problem" about which you're complaining?

Old 12-11-2015, 07:44 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm misleading no one. I'm posting only facts. Just totally blew you out of the water in my lat post. YOU'RE the one intentionally misleading people in your SJW rage.

And if Walmart is so bad and liberals, Dems, the poor, and the middle class disagree so much with what they do/provide, stop shopping there. Don't give them your business. Don't feed their profits.

I'm going to guess that you all don't realize you're part of the "problem" about which you're complaining?
SJW? Nonsense. Maybe you should re-read WHY I have concerns about this. Its not social justice. LOL.

"blew me out of the water"? Wow. soooo I've done that to you HOW many times here? Please. I have stated REPEATEDLY that the top 400 own more then the bottom 50%, My apologies for missing the bottom part this one time.

And you turn it into some victory dance. Wow. Just...wow. Have a cookie.

But nice way to make it about me instead of the discussion. You've repeatedly tried to derail this topic. congrats.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:
SJW? Nonsense. Maybe you should re-read WHY I have concerns about this. Its not social justice. LOL.

"blew me out of the water"? Wow. soooo I've done that to you HOW many times here? Please. I have stated REPEATEDLY that the top 400 own more then the bottom 50%, My apologies for missing the bottom part this one time.

And you turn it into some victory dance. Wow. Just...wow. Have a cookie.

But nice way to make it about me instead of the discussion. You've repeatedly tried to derail this topic. congrats.

How about you go back and refute the last post then

Old 12-11-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
How about you go back and refute the last post then
Wow. You guys working as a team, oh noes whatever shall I do?

Its a false analogy on one part, and misleading as the time period for the inheritances deals with people who earned their money in the 60's and 70's dying off. you know, from when the gains were more equally shared. Its a attempt to deny the REALITY that wealth is becoming ever more concentrated at the very very top. not the 1%, but the .1 or .01%.

Additionally when your wealth is $1,000, and you inherit a $100 tv from your dead mom, well look at you, you inherited 10% of your wealth you lucky ducky!

Basically more misleading nonsense. And I honestly do not believe at this point that its by accident.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Sorry you are correct, let me be more clear.

400 people own more then the bottom 50% of the US.
So what? Just 125 (or so) elite athletes earn tens of millions of dollars per year. See anyone whining about that?

It's a mathematical certainty that the bottom 50% will have very little wealth, given at least the following facts:

1) Those who receive public assistance, as a group, have a birth rate 3 times higher than those who don't. Stats and citations, here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/32045595-post217.html

2) 70% of those who are born into poverty never even make it to the middle class.
Only 30% of those born poor ever make it to the middle class

And then on top of that, millions of undereducated, low-skilled immigrants (both legal and illegal) and their offspring have been added to our population.

Now, seriously? Who thinks bearing children one cannot afford to support and having an inadequate education and no/low skills is the path to propsperity and accumulating wealth? But then they whine about what others have worked to achieve? Sorry... that's the wrong path to garnering support for what they incorrectly perceive to be a plight not of their own making. /SMH

Old 12-11-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Then why do you care what anyone else has earned/achieved? It's none of your business. You sound like the "everyone gets a trophy" crowd.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Wow. You guys working as a team, oh noes whatever shall I do?

Not a conspiracy, I just happened to agree with points that informedConsent raised and I haven't seen you successfully address them yet. You basically talked yourself into a corner and got called on it.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:06 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The Russian and French Revolutions ring any bells? When the middle class disappears so will the rich, learn from history or repeat it.
It wasn't a wealth gap. It was poverty. Without poverty the wealth gap would be meaningless.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So what? Just 125 (or so) elite athletes earn tens of millions of dollars per year. See anyone whining about that?
Which is pocket change....but you know that right? Argument via distraction.

Quote:
It's a mathematical certainty that the bottom 50% will have very little wealth, given at least the following facts:

1) Those who receive public assistance, as a group, have a birth rate 3 times higher than those who don't. Stats and citations, here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/32045595-post217.html
Ah so you admit that being born poor means you stay poor. Got it. BTW small comment here...without them having more children we would be completely and totally in the doo doo. See-Japan. Except worse.

Quote:
2) 70% of those who are born into poverty never even make it to the middle class.
Only 30% of those born poor ever make it to the middle class
So you also admit its a growing problem. Cool! Now what solutions do you offer. NONE. You seem OK with the idea of increased poverty, and inequality. You seem to revel in it. Guess what? I kinda like it too....to a degree. We are WAY past that, and all those poor folks you are putting down here? They have a vote. Remember that? And THATS exactly how you get Venezuela. Which is my biggest concern. Do you like that idea? I dont!
Quote:
And then on top of that, millions of undereducated, low-skilled immigrants (both legal and illegal) and their offspring have been added to our population.
No argument here. Im not a fan of illegal immigration. They are criminals by definition. Also not a fan of H1-B's. My posting history reflects that.

Quote:
Now, seriously? Who thinks bearing children one cannot afford to support and having an inadequate education and no/low skills is the path to propsperity and accumulating wealth? But then they whine about what others have worked to achieve? Sorry... that's the wrong path to garnering support for what they incorrectly perceive to be a plight not of their own making. /SMH
And who thinks that only money should be the deciding factor on reproduction? Maybe the problem isn't with poor people having children, maybe the issue is that we have so many people that are poor while the top 1% get the majority of the income gains for the last few decades?

Look you can keep repeating the same things over, I can keep pointing out why they are wrong, and you cycle through this nonsense over and over. As for the SMH comment? Maybe you need to calm down and realize this is a online forum, not something vital to your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies