Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 03:49 PM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times

Advertisements

Obviously, this wasn't a white on black crime. Otherwise the media would have been all over it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Two men suffered serious burns on Friday and remain in critical condition after a co-worker doused them with gasoline and lit them on fire, cops said.

Christopher Harrison Jr., 28, was charged with attempted first-degree murder and second-degree assault and is being held without bail, FOX 45 reported. A second person is “being sought” but not considered a suspect "at this time," according to Baltimore County Public Safety’s official Twitter account.

Two men doused with gasoline, set ablaze by co-worker, cops say | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 03:54 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
thousands of white on black, and black on white crimes occur every day that do not get brought up.

So? Ahhh you want to make it a race discussion.

Got it.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
thousands of white on black, and black on white crimes occur every day that do not get brought up.

Got it.
Are you kidding me??

The media loves white on black crime and state it in just every about story...ie: a white man killed a black man.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:51 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Are you kidding me??

The media loves white on black crime and state it in just every about story...ie: a white man killed a black man.
Folks really need to retire this meme...

2015 study published in Communication Research, “Good Guys Are Still Always in White? Positive Change and Continued Misrepresentation of Race and Crime on Local Television News.”
Further, “whites were more likely to be depicted as homicide victims on local television news (35%) than to be victimized by homicide according to crime reports (13%)”; and “‘Others’ (e.g., Asians) were more likely to be portrayed as homicide victims on television news (18%) than to be victimized according to crime reports (4%).” - See more at: Racial bias and news media reporting: New research trends - Journalist's Resource Journalist's Resource

Old 12-07-2015, 04:59 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Obviously, this wasn't a white on black crime. Otherwise the media would have been all over it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
Fox seems to be a day late in reporting. It has been all over the media, get your head out of that Fox hole and look before speaking.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Chri...son+Jr&tbm=nws

https://www.google.com/search?q=Christopher+Harrison+Jr

Old 12-07-2015, 05:03 PM

998 posts, read 665,100 times
I wonder what started the argument. Who would set two people on fire over something like that? There must be a serious lack of impulse control there.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:20 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Got it.
Can you post any recent news stories of white on black violence for me please? I'd really like to see these stories you speak of because from what I've seen year upon year, violent white on black crime of is VERY RARE in comparison to black on white crime.

If you want to disagree with me and dispute this, how about you post all the stories of recent non-black on black crime and I'll do the same for black on non-black crime and we'll see who can post more stories. Deal? I'm betting you won't take me up on my challenge because you already know you won't find many non-black on black crimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
I wonder what started the argument. Who would set two people on fire over something like that? There must be a serious lack of impulse control there.
We're talking about black people here. Too many of them have very little to no impulse control which is why they have no problems with shooting or stabbing people they dislike on site anytime, anywhere without any regard for anyone or anything around them. That's why their crime and violence rates are so high, because words like 'self-control', 'anger control' and 'restraint' are completely foreign words to them.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
And some left over gasoline.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Fox seems to be a day late in reporting. It has been all over the media, get your head out of that Fox hole and look before speaking.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Chri...son+Jr&tbm=nws

https://www.google.com/search?q=Christopher+Harrison+Jr
If you checked the link it was reported yesterday. Research before posting would help people avoid stupid comments.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:33 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Given how upset people get here sometimes.....politics

Seriously though, relationships, money, politics, or just smack talk bullying. That probably covers 9 out of 10 of these.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies