Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 09:10 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There is no freedom of religion unless one also has the right to freedom from religion.
Freedom from religion is censoring religion. But the only religion I see being censored is Christianity. Freedom of religion is the only freedom about religion our constitution mentions. We have to listen to your four letter words so you should have the courtesy of listening to "Merry Christmas."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 09:11 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
So God only "saves" people when they worship him? Some kind of God that doesn't do things out of the kindness of his heart. He seems like a selfish person actually.
Hmm, I respectfully disagree with you.

I believe we will live in eternity with many people who did not have the opportunity to believe in Jesus, but whose hearts were open to God. They will be there by the grace of God and because Jesus died for them too, just as we will. They responded to the light they were given, and that is what God was seeking. This is a wonderful doctrine!

(The above would be my interpretation of the bible anyway.) I believe in afterlife, and I think God is truly universal. Do I believe in Heaven and hell? not necessarily, but that is another topic.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:12 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Freedom from religion is censoring religion. But the only religion I see being censored is Christianity.
Wrong, the government not endorsing one religion over others was forbidden by the Founding fathers, do not like that, Too Bad.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Freedom from religion is censoring religion. But the only religion I see being censored is Christianity.
You nail it.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:13 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
No prayer in school. Remove the Ten Commandments from public grounds, even though it is a beautiful message and a formula to live a good life. Attack the Christian family, remove the christian male as the head of the family.

They have created a huge vacuum of spirituality in this nation and opened the door to evil.

The nation needs to repent, go back to church. Stop abortion, gay marriage.

We have to get back to our core values and stop listening to liberals full of hate for everything that is right and good

This will continue to get worse.
All religion can't die fast enough IMO.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:14 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
What has happened in America is that everyone is allowed to do their thing except Christians. Christianity is being censored. When a Christian cannot say "Merry Christmas" without being fired from their job that is censorship. Our ancestors put the freedom of religion in our constitution so everyone could be free to practice their religion but it has been wrongly changed to freedom from religion by the PC crowd thus everybody except Christians are free to practice their religion.
When Christians "doing their thing" means forcing their beliefs down the throats of non-believers by rule of law, then yes, Christians aren't allowed to do their thing. It would be the same if any other religion wanted to enshrine their holy book into law and force everyone to live by it. I know you will bring up Islam, but all the Left supports in this country is Muslims being allowed to practice their faith, which conservatives want to take away from them. I have never heard a rational liberal support the radical Islamic states that exist in the Middle East. Some may do but I haven't heard it.

And when was the last time somebody was fired for saying Merry Christmas? I did a quick Google search and found there was a claim back in 2009 but if it does happen its an extremely rare thing. If it was as common as conservatives claim, there would be a lot more instances of it. Fundamentalists claim "War on Christmas" but when Christmas decorations are everywhere for two months out of the year and they seem to go out earlier and earlier every year, Christmas is winning. What is it you really want? The CEO of Starbucks to get a life prison sentence for daring to take the snowflakes off their cup this year because YOU are offended by it?

Lay off the Fox News and come into the real world.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:16 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Hmm, I respectfully disagree with you.

I believe we will live in eternity with many people who did not have the opportunity to believe in Jesus, but whose hearts were open to God. They will be there by the grace of God and because Jesus died for them too, just as we will. They responded to the light they were given, and that is what God was seeking. This is a wonderful doctrine!

(The above would be my interpretation of the bible anyway.) I believe in afterlife, and I think God is truly universal. Do I believe in Heaven and hell? not necessarily, but that is another topic.

Why do you worship a god that required a blood sacrifice (from himself?) to earn his forgiveness for mankind?

Religion is silly.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:17 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Freedom from religion is censoring religion.
Freedom from religion = The choice not to believe in any religion if you don't want to

Old 12-08-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Why do you worship a god that required a blood sacrifice (from himself?) to earn his forgiveness for mankind?

Religion is silly.
No, I don't "worship" a God that required a blood sacrifice. lol

Your belief is rather silly and overly simplistic. But it is okay.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:23 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
How many people want and demand we put prayer back in the public schools? Enough said.
I don't want it in the schools, but as long as you make allowances and provide accommodations like prayer rooms in the schools for Muslims, what do think will happen? Enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies