Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 09:53 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,853,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Still need to narrow that down, what choices specifically give us some examples?

I cannot freely run my flower shop/bakery unless I participate in activities that are in direct conflict with my religious beliefs. My first Amendment right to religious freedom has been legislated away and in its place is the fear of losing my livelihood or acting against my religious conscience.

I cannot purchase a specific gun model in the state within which I reside. Nor can I open or conceal carry that weapon in the state in which I reside. I must register my weapons and I am breaking the law if I own a gun that holds more than 10 bullets in its magazine.

I cannot decide for myself and my family whether we need or can afford health insurance, because my failure to purchase the government mandated health insurance causes me to break the law and incurs a penalty upon myself and my family.

I am no longer free to speak my mind publicly, because certain words have been deemed "hate speech" and will result in scholastic suspension or even loss of my livelihood by being fired.

Those are a few specific examples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 09:55 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,853,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is that thing of asking government for my right back, again....

Thanks for confirming the freedoms you & I lose daily, to government control.

Exactly. Interesting how blind the lefties are to the reality that Government is encroaching and usurping our GOD given rights as defined by the Constitution.

Get a license, pay a fee, register this, do that.... Rights "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!" Regulation by the Government takes away rights and turns them into "privileges" that can be conferred upon us if we meet all the necessary requirements.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:11 AM

188 posts, read 103,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What rights and Freedom have you lost? I seem to have lost none.
You have lost many rights, bit by bit. For example, your right to own certain arms, to carry concealed, to acquire others without enduring a wait (just delayed is justice denied) etc.

You may not CARE about these rights, expecting the Nanny State to tit-feed you and skirt-shelter you for life, but nonetheless, your rights have been seriously depleted.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:15 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,814,034 times
No worries people. Obama and his family will be protected by men with guns for the rest of their lives. To Obama, Obama is the only one that matters. You, the American people, you're on your own.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:45 AM

488 posts, read 1,178,836 times
When One needs permission or approval from the government to exercise a 'Right', it is no longer a 'Right'. I am baffled why so many posters here are so eager to relinquish their rights to a corrupt government.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:08 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,814,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerat View Post
When One needs permission or approval from the government to exercise a 'Right', it is no longer a 'Right'. I am baffled why so many posters here are so eager to relinquish their rights to a corrupt government.
Because they are actually naive enough to believe that "government cares" but will find out that a defenseless society is a dependent society and we've all heard about those hell holes in Africa and N Korea what happens to people who can't defend themselves against a greedy and corrupt government.

I wonder, did Castro disarm the Cubans? Ask whey?

Old 12-24-2015, 11:32 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,782,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I use to be able to buy a weapon from mail order and have it at my door delivered by the mailman. I lost that freedom and right only 40 years ago.

I use to be able to go to practically any farm and pay the farmer to pick from his crop, or milk his cows, gather eggs(still do it, but it is now illegal)

Hunting. I use to be able to go out on my own property and harvest what I needed to survive. Not anymore.(still do it, but it is now illegal) I cannot even grow what I wish on my land, for my consumption, or the consumption of others, without asking permission.(still do it, but it is now illegal)
Apparently you're still free to whine.

As we've discussed before... there ARE no such things as 'rights'. There is only force. Your supposed 'rights' mean nothing if you can't enFORCE them.

So... don't like your current state of affairs? DO something about it. Whining on internet forums accomplishes nothing.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:54 AM

16,775 posts, read 8,255,415 times
[quote=BentBow;42388311]Anita Dunn and Bernie Sanders for 1000, Alex.

You don't have to search far. And certainly not under the bed. They don't even hide it.

USA Communist Manifesto:

More fear from 1963.

I did not see in the remarks which Congress member put this RW nonsense into the Record. Kind of like the Stuff the RW of today's GOP put in.

By the way, you have not lost any rights. If you get outside you may find that out.

Try it without a small arsenal and people may talk to you.

Merry Christmas

Old 12-24-2015, 11:59 AM

188 posts, read 103,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerat View Post
They are willing if not anxious to swap freedom for a free-flowing warm tit and some nice skirt-pleats to hide from life in.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:06 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,746,437 times
Wow the OP is upset because we have a few regulations. Get a grip on yourself, man. Laws are going to be passed and laws are going to be rescinded. These things are done because it's the will of the people who elect their representatives. That's been our way of government since the nation's inception.

If you don't like a law then work to change it, write your representative, vote according to how you'd like the government to run. The only caveat is that, most likely, the rest of the country may not feel the same way about something as you and they will vote accordingly. That's how Democracy works. If you cannot live in that type of society then maybe you should consider living in another country that is more to your liking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies