Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 01:11 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times

Advertisements

Police report page here:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/sites/d...udentsmoke.jpg

I would suggest that a misdemeanor conviction will hurt him more in the long run then decking him. Serious props to the teacher.

Funny thing...in this same forum we have people saying teachers are paid too much. Watch the video, and make that argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 05:03 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times
Why is this political or otherwise controversial?

Some percentage of students are going to be disrespectful and do awful stuff like this.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:45 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Wow, this teacher displayed unbelievable control. I would have taken that kid out with an uppercut and of course, I'd be in the wrong in today's sick "Politically Correct" world. Notice the other kids just laughing along. More repercussions from Obama's failed policies and lack of leadership.

Arkansas student caught on camera blowing cigar smoke in teacher's face during class | Daily Mail Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTAY8-DX8gg
Corporal punishment ( defined as spanking and paddling) is legal in Arkansas public schools.

"Taking a kid out with an undercut" because he blew smoke in your face probably would accelerate an already hostile situation and may have led to your being beaten by one or more of the kids in that room.

I can recall witnessing similar disrespectful incidents when I was in high school in the mid 70's. Teachers demonstrated similar maturity and impulse control as this teacher did.

That you choose to blame Obama for this kid's behavior says more about you than anything else.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Why is this political or otherwise controversial?

Some percentage of students are going to be disrespectful and do awful stuff like this.
Wittnessed similar behaviors in high school 40 years ago. One kid lit up a joint and blew smoke in the teacher's face.

Many kids made similar noise to attempt to accelerate the situation between the teacher and kid.

The difference was the occasional kid who behaved like at my school was a white male who got his 15 minutes of fame before being expelled from school.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:13 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Why not blame Arkansas's Republican Governor, Republican House, and Republican Senate? They control Arkansas schools.
" They control Arkansas schools"

You might want to do some research on HOW MUCH the fed has control over local schools.

It might help your credibility!

Old 12-21-2015, 06:28 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking I like you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
More repercussions from Obama's failed policies and lack of leadership.

You're funny!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies