Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 10:25 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,643,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I highly doubt the state of education could be any worse in this country, even with people like this overseeing it.

If you read your link, they do no provide any proof that she believes the earth is 6000 years old, or that the U.S. government regularly sprays its citizens with mind-controlling chemtrails. In fact they show her quote about chemtrails, and she never mentioned that the government was involved, or that chemtrails are for are mind-control. Also, she talked about legislation to require people to go to church, as a means to squash anti-gun legislation that was being pushed.

Your link is a complete fail. This woman may be unqualified to lead the Senate education committee, but this smear job is nothing less than pathetic.
protip: never click on links to rosstory. you'll thank me later

Old 12-22-2015, 10:25 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,973,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Call me Mr. Traditional, but shouldn't someone in chareg of education at leats partially inhabit the real world? If the people in Arizona want to cement their reputation as dumb hicks in fly-over country, I guess it's their right. But perhaps their kids should at least be given a chance...
If you were Mr. Traditional, you would object to having small kids forced to read crap like "Heather Has Two Mommies." But I'm sure you don't.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:26 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,461,067 times
Not much different than having a SoS that says terrorism is due to AGW and not enough hugs.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:26 AM

461 posts, read 333,722 times
Florida Gulf Skywatch: Former Arizona Senator Karen Johnson Wants Answers About Chemtrails

Seems like she was just interested in what a former colleague had to say. I prefer critical thinking to blindly believing what someone tells me.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:33 AM

57,424 posts, read 26,328,118 times
Well as long as she doesn't get to choose the text books or design the curriculum she shouldn't cause too much damage. I wonder who were the runner's up for this spot.

During a legislative hearing in 2009, she said the Earth is 6,000 years old, a belief held by "Young Earth" biblical creationists but at least she believes the earth is round.

Last edited by Goodnight; 12-22-2015 at 11:01 AM..

Old 12-22-2015, 10:44 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,098,650 times
Quote:
I highly doubt the state of education could be any worse in this country, even with people like this overseeing it.

If you read your link, they do no provide any proof that she believes the earth is 6000 years old.
Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtzJhTfQiMA

Quote:
or that the U.S. government regularly sprays its citizens with mind-controlling chemtrails. In fact they show her quote about chemtrails, and she never mentioned that the government was involved, or that chemtrails are for are mind-control.
You're right, she doesn't say anything specific about mind control. But she does believes the government is using chemtrails to manipulate us, which is Conspiracy Theory 101.

"Plus we just don't want to believe that our government would do anything terrible to us. Well, just a few examples, the IRS attack on the Tea Party, Benghazi, wire taping, Fast and Furious just to name a few and we think that they would not manipulate our weather?"

https://www.facebook.com/sylvia.t.al...737785?fref=nf

Quote:
Also, she talked about legislation to require people to go to church, as a means to squash anti-gun legislation that was being pushed.
Why she said it is immaterial. She believes it's something that we should consider:

"I believe what's happening to our country is that there's a moral erosion of the soul of America," she said. "It's the soul that is corrupt. How we get back to a moral rebirth I don't know. Since we are slowly eroding religion at every opportunity we have. Probably we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice on Sunday to see if we can get back to having a moral rebirth."

Quote:
Your link is a complete fail. This woman may be unqualified to lead the Senate education committee, but this smear job is nothing less than pathetic.
There's no need to "smear" her. She explains her positions well enough all by herself.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:49 AM

31,101 posts, read 22,149,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
How is it personal destruction when she herself believes all these ridiculous things?
About as ridiculous as believing in any God, Allah or the Flying Spaghetti monster as some like to call it in my mind. Chem Trails have more credibility than any man made religion.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:52 AM

47,023 posts, read 26,080,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
If you were Mr. Traditional, you would object to having small kids forced to read crap like "Heather Has Two Mommies." But I'm sure you don't.
The evidence for the existence of lesbian couples raising kids is rather a bit better than the evidence for a 6,000 year old Earth.

(Incidentally, nobody was "forced" to read that book, it was simply available. Conservatives lost their minds even so, of course.)

Old 12-22-2015, 10:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,589,820 times
Lightbulb Yeah, well...

Quote:
"An Arizona lawmaker who believes the earth is only 6,000 years old and that the U.S. government regularly sprays its citizens with mind-controlling chemtrails has been selected to lead an Arizona legislative committee overseeing education."

Arizona GOP taps creationist chemtrail truther to lead Senate education committee

Great choice. She has only a high school education, doesn't believe in science and is a conspiracy nut to boot. Hey, let's put her in charge of education!

She also once proposed that there should be legislation forcing all Americans to go to church on Sunday.

It's almost enough to believe in those chemtrails brainwashing legislators in Arizona. It would explain so much.

...Arizona is a neat state in many respects, but they've gone to Looneyville politically. This kind of obvious stupidity should surprise no one.

We'll see how it works out for them. Kansas went down this path and now they're paying the price of dumb decisions.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:04 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,694,084 times
Quote:
"An Arizona lawmaker who believes the earth is only 6,000 years old and that the U.S. government regularly sprays its citizens with mind-controlling chemtrails has been selected to lead an Arizona legislative committee overseeing education."

Arizona GOP taps creationist chemtrail truther to lead Senate education committee

Great choice. She has only a high school education, doesn't believe in science and is a conspiracy nut to boot. Hey, let's put her in charge of education!

She also once proposed that there should be legislation forcing all Americans to go to church on Sunday.

It's almost enough to believe in those chemtrails brainwashing legislators in Arizona. It would explain so much.
She's not the type of person i would appoint, that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies