Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 08:24 PM

8,587 posts, read 11,013,062 times

Advertisements

Today the news was flooded with new threats from isis that they will be striking at Washington dc.
Any one who believes this would be the main target should think again.
If there is one thing one could say about isis is, they are as far removed from Obama's character as is humanly possible.
Obama blabs to the world our intentions concerning the military, and the enemy benefits by this stupid advance notice.
When a..hole Obama announced our departure from iraq, isis only had to wait it out, now they are taking over Iraq.

One who plans terror attacks is NEVER going to let the enemy in on advance plans, and isis would Never say they are going after Washington dc.
They may say it, but rest assured, that is not their intended target, at least until this year is over.
That is nothing more than a diversion.
My concerns are three fold.
They are going to attack where they can cause the greatest amount of casualties.
I am concerned about larger shopping malls, and stores, especially during the holiday season.

Heavily traveled motorist routes would be a tempting target.
I don't for one minute doubt isis has plans for this country, but presently, I don't believe Washington dc is one of them.
I am not saying it won't be at some time, and that worries me, but it won't be the first aggressive attack they have planned, as they would have you believe by their latest video.

When have you ever heard this group state their future plans? Never.

Concerning Washington dc, one thing has troubled me since the 1993 bombing of the WTC.
After that happened, I began to think of Washington dc, and the vulnerability of our government officials.
Once each year, in the capital building, our entire government assembles for the state of the union.
Every government official,, military higher ups, and the entire governing body of the united states, including the supreme court sits in one room, at one time.
That my friends is a giant target for any terror group.
Our government could be wiped out in one fell swoop, at the hands of terror groups like isis.

Back then I contacted each and every person I could that is involved in running this country, including the president, and asked them to cancel any public forum dealing with the state of the union, and rather, to broadcast the speech on broadcast, and cable news, instead of having the entire government in one room.
Obviously that request was never even considered.
So yes, Washington may very well be on the radar of isis, but I believe for now, stating it is nothing more than a diversion to go after other lucrative targets.

You just might want to contact your elected officials in Washington, and tell them this state of the union gathering in January could spell the end of our government should isis be able to penetrate the capital building.
So there may be some truth to isis stating that Washington is on their radar.,

I just don't believe that is their first target.

Bob.

Last edited by CALGUY; 11-16-2015 at 08:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 08:31 PM

189 posts, read 153,752 times
attack D.C. lol, That would be like burning your paycheck.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:36 PM

906 posts, read 713,904 times
I would say they will find themselves more interested in protecting DC than they will be in attacking it, at least soon enough..

Their hopes, fates, dreams and fantasies lie in DC.

There is probably not a city in the world more protected by ISIS and other Muslims than DC. Nor is there one more of their interests. You could almost say DC is ISIS's capital. Perhaps not to their own knowledge yet, but soon enough..

Old 11-16-2015, 08:43 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,641,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Today the news was flooded with new threats from isis that they will be striking at Washington dc.
Any one who believes this would be the main should think again.
If there is one thing one could say about isis is, they are as far removed from Obama's character as is humanly possible.
Obama blabs to the world our intentions concerning the military, and the enemy benefits by this stupid advance notice.
When a..hole Obama announced our departure from iraq, isis only had to wait it out, now they are taking over Iraq.

One who plans terror attacks is NEVER going to let the enemy in on advance plans, and isis would Never say they are going after Washington dc.
They may say it, but rest assured, that is not their intended target, at least until this year is over.
They are going to attack where they can cause the greatest amount of casualties.
I am concerned about larger shopping malls, and stores, especially during the holiday season.

I don't for one minute doubt isis has plans for this country, but presently, I don't believe Washington dc is one of them.
I am not saying it won't be at some time, and that worries me, but it won't be the first aggressive attack they have planned, as they would have you believe by their latest video.

Concerning Washington dc, one thing has troubled me since the 1993 bombing of the WTC.
After that happened, I began to think of Washington dc, and the vulnerability of our government officials.
Once each year, in the capital building, our entire government assembles for the state of the union.
Every government official,, military higher ups, and the entire governing body of the united states, including the supreme court sits in one room, at one time.
Our government could be wiped out in one fell swoop, at the hands of terror groups like isis.

Back then I contacted each and every person I could that is involved in running this country, including the president, and asked them to cancel any public forum dealing with the state of the union, and rather, to broadcast the speech on broadcast, and cable news, instead of having the entire government in one room.
So yes, Washington may very well be on the radar of isis, but I believe for now, stating it is nothing more than a diversion to go after other lucrative targets.

You just might want to contact your elected officials in Washington, and tell them this state of the union gathering in January could spell the end of our government should isis be able to penetrate the capital building.

Bob.
Good that you got that off your chest! Now go hide under your bed.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:47 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,452,070 times
A shopping mall in the Midwest ... possibly on black Friday.

El Nox

Old 11-16-2015, 08:50 PM

31,101 posts, read 22,149,783 times
Islamist already made their attack on Washington in the form of John Allen Muhammad back in 2002, the Beltway killer. They have made in roads all over our country, it's just that our government and current administration bury it, calling it work place violence, or some other less threatening term.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...isis-suspects/

Old 11-16-2015, 08:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,861,601 times
Thanks to the NRA Over 2000 Suspected Terrorists Were Able to Buy Guns in the U.S.

Quote:
“Between 2004 and 2014, suspected terrorists attempted to purchase guns from American dealers at least 2,233 times. And in 2,043 of those cases — 91 percent of the time — they succeeded.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ampaign=buffer

Old 11-16-2015, 08:55 PM

17,474 posts, read 9,299,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Any one who believes this would be the main should think again.

Bob.
On the UP SIDE, Bob ....... you live in L.A. and don't have to worry about a hit on D.C.
They posted that they were going to hit France ..... and so they did.
Not to worry, you don't live there and let's not forget ...... ISIS/ISIL/IS is the J.V. Team and are "contained".

Old 11-16-2015, 09:21 PM

24,447 posts, read 23,121,323 times
I don't think they'll go after anybody they aren't ordered to. DC is safe. They may have some patsies get strung along and then thwarted by the feds in a staged DC attack, though.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:25 PM

8,587 posts, read 11,013,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
On the UP SIDE, Bob ....... you live in L.A. and don't have to worry about a hit on D.C.
They posted that they were going to hit France ..... and so they did.
Not to worry, you don't live there and let's not forget ...... ISIS/ISIL/IS is the J.V. Team and are "contained".
My government being wiped out in one giant attack is what worries me.
Doesn't matter where we are from, our government could possibly be the victim of an attack, especially at the state of the union gathering.

People, all people, need to understand we are dealing with maniacs who want to kills us.
We aren't dealing with some wide screen movie and along comes John Wayne to save us.
If you don't think the state of the union meeting could be a prime target in January, then obviously you are not of this world.

An attack on our entire government, at one time, would make the events of 911 seem like a walk in the park.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies