Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 03:42 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
yea, the Uncle Tom part is racist.

Not the second sentence though,it is truth. That is why this thread exist, someone seeking black validation for their opinions.

Its how Ben Carson and Thomas Sewell get so many threads started about them that involve race when one is an economist and the others is a doctor.
It's classic divide and conquer. Blacks are useful to white supremacy when it suits its goals, same goes for Asians and Latinos. Blacks and Latinos are used as a disguise to show the masses "Look see there are black and Latino Republicans, we're not racist!" while white supremacy uses Asians to drive a wedge between whites and blacks/Latinos via the model minority (perpetual geekdom aka social suicide) myth. Can't have non-whites sticking together, no way no how. I have to stress though, I think most white people are not willing participants in this kind of system (in other words, not hateful or fearful people), but most are either asleep at the wheel or bury their heads in the sand because they believe acknowledgement that there is a problem means an attack on themselves (it doesn't). It's only, I would guess, 10% at most that are actively hostile in some way shape or form to non-whites either through micro aggression or overt racism.

An additional point I have to make. In liberal circles we all like to say how racist and stuff Trump supporters are. But, most are in the same position most minorities are. Many are also broke, disadvantaged, etc. that minorities are. They are useful idiots being carried around with a carrot and stick. Trump IS white supremacy. Trump's supporters, like supporters of Carson, Rubio, Cruz, the successful Asians, etc., are just disposable pawns conveniently forgotten after the election. But hey, I'm a liberal. I hate all white people what do I know?

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 01-02-2016 at 03:59 PM..

Old 01-02-2016, 04:11 PM

811 posts, read 550,720 times
The hilarious thing about many whites is that they love to reference the few tokens and say "See! Obama and Oprah became successful, why can't the rest just pick themselves up by their bootstraps (the favorite expression for closeted white supremacists)!" but there are more white millionaires and billionaires in this country.

By many of your logic, with people like Donald Trump, Michael Bloomberg, Steve Jobs (before he passed), Mark Zuckerberg, etc. why aren't most of you millionaires? You all are on city data when you could be picking yourselves up by your bootstraps also right? If those white men could do it, why can't you all become the next moguls?

And while many of them toss out the tokens to help their points, they act like successful black people don't call out racism once they become such. A few do get rich and start the tap-dancing for the rich old white men to convince whites "Hey, blacks are just lazy. But I chose to be otherwise, racism is a myth", but you have many successful blacks that will still go and say "Even though I am successful, I fully acknowledge systematic racism"

Old 01-02-2016, 04:20 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The problem isnt talking about successful black people, the problem is only talking about successful conservative black people or anyone you see as degrading what you believe to be black culture.

If these people are black and conservative, that means they pulled themselves up by the boot straps and made something of themselves, so on and so forth.

But if they are liberal, then all of their accomplishments are said to be the result of affirmative action and gaming the system.
Except you don't have a dam clue which way they vote....post FAILURE!!

Old 01-02-2016, 04:22 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
The hilarious thing about many whites is that they love to reference the few tokens and say "See! Obama and Oprah
Ahh.

You make argument that Obama and Oprah are nothing but "tokens".

Old 01-02-2016, 04:25 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's classic divide and conquer. Blacks are useful to white supremacy when it suits its goals, same goes for Asians and Latinos. Blacks and Latinos are used as a disguise to show the masses "Look see there are black and Latino Republicans, we're not racist!" while white supremacy uses Asians to drive a wedge between whites and blacks/Latinos via the model minority (perpetual geekdom aka social suicide) myth. Can't have non-whites sticking together, no way no how. I have to stress though, I think most white people are not willing participants in this kind of system (in other words, not hateful or fearful people), but most are either asleep at the wheel or bury their heads in the sand because they believe acknowledgement that there is a problem means an attack on themselves (it doesn't). It's only, I would guess, 10% at most that are actively hostile in some way shape or form to non-whites either through micro aggression or overt racism.

An additional point I have to make. In liberal circles we all like to say how racist and stuff Trump supporters are. But, most are in the same position most minorities are. Many are also broke, disadvantaged, etc. that minorities are. They are useful idiots being carried around with a carrot and stick. Trump IS white supremacy. Trump's supporters, like supporters of Carson, Rubio, Cruz, the successful Asians, etc., are just disposable pawns conveniently forgotten after the election. But hey, I'm a liberal. I hate all white people what do I know?
You seem to think that there are only two kinds of people - Whites and non-Whites. And you seem to think that everyone who isn't White should be unified into some kind of coalition where we "stick together," as we were all the same. Your viewpoint that all non-Whites should think a certain way stinks of the racism that you love to rail against.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
You seem to think that there are only two kinds of people - Whites and non-Whites. And you seem to think that everyone who isn't White should be unified into some kind of coalition where we "stick together," as we were all the same. Your viewpoint that all non-Whites should think a certain way stinks of the racism that you love to rail against.
Agreed and, the "dividing line" ain't always skin color either. More and more; it's money.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:20 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
I dont think of myself as a political Republican or Democrat. My politics don't define me. My skin pigmentation doesn't define me. This race and political thing is stupid and was established by stupid people to divide us. With that being said the man in the video didn't say anything about politics. He was confirming facts about how far we've come as a race of people. Nothing conservative or liberal about that.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:33 PM

7,530 posts, read 11,365,273 times
What caught my attention about Walter William's comments is that he dispelled some myths about Blacks that are held by two groups. Those two groups are the "Bill O'reilly types" and the "Cornel West types".

The Bill O'reilly types view Blacks as being an unsuccessful group and the Cornel West types view Blacks as being more poverty stricken than we actually are. Walter William's comments addressed both groups misconceptions about Black-America. It's true that Black-America has a spending power of one trillion dollars. The problem is that Blacks haven't been able to get that spending power to translate into more economically healthy Black communities. This is where Blacks need to put more focus on.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:46 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
What caught my attention about Walter William's comments is that he dispelled some myths about Blacks that are held by two groups. Those two groups are the "Bill O'reilly types" and the "Cornel West types".

The Bill O'reilly types view Blacks as being an unsuccessful group and the Cornel West types view Blacks as being more poverty stricken than we actually are. Walter William's comments addressed both groups misconceptions about Black-America. It's true that Black-America has a spending power of one trillion dollars. The problem is that Blacks haven't been able to get that spending power to translate into more economically healthy Black communities. This is where Blacks need to put more focus on.
Agreed tho maybe the decent Black people DON'T want anything to do with hood rats. Some of the nastiest "bigots" I've known really have it in for the thug life and they were def "Black"; they figured; "if I make it, what's your excuse fool?"

Old 01-02-2016, 06:54 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed tho maybe the decent Black people DON'T want anything to do with hood rats. Some of the nastiest "bigots" I've known really have it in for the thug life and they were def "Black"; they figured; "if I make it, what's your excuse fool?"
This. There was a member who posted in the CE section (supposedly Black) who clamored on and on about how successful he was and how other Blacks could do the same. He would use degrading stereotypical names in reference to Blacks and would spew the same tasteless lame jokes that the bigoted extreme right wingers on this site would about Black people. Just disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies