Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2016, 04:31 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,998,195 times

Advertisements

I say the government should sell it. Put a single 4 sale sign up with a price of 19 trillion dollars. If it sells, our country is debt free. If it doesn't sell, oh well.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:33 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,297,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I say the government should sell it. Put a single 4 sale sign up with a price of 19 trillion dollars. If it sells, our country is debt free. If it doesn't sell, oh well.
How is your Chinese anyways?

Old 01-04-2016, 04:33 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,998,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
How is your Chinese anyways?
I prefer Japanese. Much healthier for you.

edit.. All joking aside because this entire thing is one big joke.

Say, the government decides to sell off the land. Who determines who they sell it to? You joke about the Chinese, but what happens (hypothetically) if a foreign entity comes up with the cash and they buy all the land. Then they tell all the ranchers to go pound sand.

These ranchers think the government should just give them the land. Well, why not give me some of the land... or give you some of the land. Why should these ranchers be entitled to it?

Old 01-04-2016, 04:41 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,610,448 times
Safe bet that these creeps will trash up the wildlife refuge. Poor wildlife.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:42 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,425,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Don't these people have jobs? I wanna know how they got all this time off.
It wouldn't surprise me if a few of them were "disabled" and collecting a monthly check. Or living off the wife.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:46 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if a few of them were "disabled" and collecting a monthly check.
If that is the case, it means that they were for the federal gov't before they were against the federal gov't. They ought to make up their minds.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:47 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,101,072 times

BuzzFeed NewsVerified account
‏@BuzzFeedNews
Sheriff to Militia: "The Hammonds have turned themselves in. It is time for you to leave...end this peacefully."

Soooo? Should we all just go take up lodging in some federal building, then after a few days the Sheriff will just nicely ask us to please go home?

That would make for some interesting new sort of vacation! Beautiful Monticello here I come to bed down in Thomas Jefferson's plantation just in time for cherry blossom season!

Or is it just 'okay' if I pick some boring, out of the way place in the winter?

Old 01-04-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I prefer Japanese. Much healthier for you.

edit.. All joking aside because this entire thing is one big joke.

Say, the government decides to sell off the land. Who determines who they sell it to? You joke about the Chinese, but what happens (hypothetically) if a foreign entity comes up with the cash and they buy all the land. Then they tell all the ranchers to go pound sand.

These ranchers think the government should just give them the land. Well, why not give me some of the land... or give you some of the land. Why should these ranchers be entitled to it?
I like the BLM. That way we're all entitled to it.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:48 PM

932 posts, read 900,296 times
From a yahoo comment but I agree:

100s of black people without guns take to the streets and the government calls in reinforcements like the National Guard, has armed cavalry stationed at intersections, even rolls out the MRAPs, and gets the jacked up ex-military units ready to rumble.

100s of white people with visible firearms threaten the government and take over part of the governmental buildings and the government sits back and twiddles their thumbs.

Yeah, this ranching issue may not be about race, but it surely is about race.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
From yahoo comment but I agree:

100s of black people without guns take to the streets and the government calls in reinforcements like the National Guard, has armed cavalry stationed at intersections, even rolls out the MRAPs, and gets the jacked up ex-military units ready to rumble.

100s of white people with visible firearms threaten the government and take over part of the governmental buildings and the government sits back and twiddles their thumbs.

Yeah, this ranching issue may not be about race, but it surely is about race.
Except it's not. It's about a bunch of idiots feeling special because of their boom sticks. If you took away their guns (which I'm not suggesting) they'd be laughed out of the place. Essentially the Govt. did just that. Said, yeah, you're very serious, taking over an empty building in winter. Don't give them the validation that they think they're entitled to. Lo and behold, the situation seems to be resolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies