Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 11:37 AM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times

Advertisements

Robberies happen all the time and sometimes with guns making it armed robbery.

If you wear a gun in the open you might become a target. You could be asked to leave a business because the other customers are frightened. You might have paint thrown on you by silly liberals looking to make a point.. remember when the animal rights extremists used to do that to women wearing fur coats?

If you are wearing a gun and a mass shooters walks in, you draw to return fire YOU will certainly be a target unless you are a very good shot. At the very least while you are shooting and the bad guy is trying to kill you other people might have a chance to escape so that is a good thing.

Wear a gun and you become a target. The question is if the guy didn't have a visible gun if the robber would have targeted him at all? Would he still have robbed him of money?

Old 01-05-2016, 11:47 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I know, just like when I beat you in the head with your semantics argument, which you thought you wanted to have with me, you no longer wish to discuss experience after telling me I have none for pages.

REMF's don't care.
LOL, in your own little dream world I see. I gave up because it's like arguing with a 5 year old.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:48 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,489,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
LOL, in your own little dream world I see. I gave up because it's like arguing with a 5 year old.
You gave up because you lost. You tried to play semantics and lost at your own game. I actually pity you.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:48 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,870 times
I like the part in the story where he says, "I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands".

Oh wait.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:53 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Did you serve?
This is 100% irrelevant. Military service is not a prerequisite to understanding. It's the classic a priori vs a posteriori argument.

I've never tasted dog crap before, and I don't need to try some to know it tastes bad. What do you think dog crap tastes like?

Now can we drop the whole "did you serve?" line of questioning? It's distracting and not adding to the discussion.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:14 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,650,020 times
I love stories like this, guns shops used to get robbed all the time before they enacted the waiting period.
the problem is that gun nuts think as they carry a gun no harm can come to them somehow the bullets will bounce off of their bodies and they'll be able to react in a split second and shoot the bad guy.if that was only true.I knew a few guys that proudly walked around with a gun everywhere they went and I would tell them anybody can come up from behind you and hit you over the head or shoot you.but I found out arguing with gun nuts is like arguing with a barking dog, the more you argue the more the dog barks because thats all a dog knows how to do.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:16 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,415,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
I love stories like this, guns shops used to get robbed all the time before they enacted the waiting period.
the problem is that gun nuts think as they carry a gun no harm can come to them somehow the bullets will bounce off of their bodies and they'll be able to react in a split second and shoot the bad guy.if that was only true.I knew a few guys that proudly walked around with a gun everywhere they went and I would tell them anybody can come up from behind you and hit you over the head or shoot you.but I found out arguing with gun nuts is like arguing with a barking dog, the more you argue the more the dog barks because thats all a dog knows how to do.
How in the world would a waiting period stop a gun shop from being robbed? Do robbers wait for the waiting period to expire to rob them?

Old 01-05-2016, 12:16 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
I found out arguing with gun nuts is like arguing with a barking dog, the more you argue the more the dog barks because thats all a dog knows how to do.
Which is unshockingly very similar to arguing with anti gun nuts.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:18 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
you mock him because he didn't come out shooting and you would mock him if he had .. shows some gun nuts do have a bit of restraint .. some do know that not everything is worth killing some over ....
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Being alone in bear country unarmed does not sound like my idea of a good time. But I am a chicken.

Glad you are tough enough not to worry about it.
Being alone in bear country is not as scary as it sounds. If it frightens you, I suggest not taking walks in suburban New Jersey.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:21 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,415,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
QFT

Being alone in bear country is not as scary as it sounds. If it frightens you, I suggest not taking walks in suburban New Jersey.
Like this guy? Hiker snapped pictures of bear before fatal attack in West Milford | NJ.com

Besides he was not in black bear country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies