Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 04:46 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,274,892 times

Advertisements

EVERTIME some knucklehead makes a denigrating comment using the Adjective Liberal I get very PO'd .. I am tired of little people running scared and all they can think of doing is grabbing a gun.. and blaming those who do the most good for America as Perpetrators of Evil.. My list is but the tip of that iceberg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Mcgregor, we all have to admit there are some very ignorant people trying to propose or pass legislation regarding guns. You can simply look on YouTube for proof of that.

It is one thing to propose legislation regarding a topic you understand. It is quite another thing to just make things up as you go. Recall the "shoulder thing that goes up" remark?

This has nothing to do with the NRA or Fox News or your list of accomplishments.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:16 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I didn;t design the page, nor am I a reader of the site, but I'm not sure what that has to do with the story. It's just that on CD all you read about is that the more armed people, the safer the world is, ignoring the fact that in 2015 alone the U$ had what, 355 incidents classified as mass shootings, and what, less that 2 dozen articles of the good guy stopping bad. Not sure why the gun nuts are so defensive about the article, because if it was an article about an anti-gun liberal looking foolish, everyone would be all giggles and laughs. Not so funny when it's the other way around I guess
1) "355 classified as mass shootings". Nope. This "fact" has been widely discredited. Divide by 100 for a more realistic number. Google is your friend.

2) "if it was an article about an anti-gun liberal looking foolish" How so? I cannot recall a single thread on this forum where an anti-gun liberal was laughed at for being robbed.

3) "less that 2 dozen articles of the good guy stopping bad" You don't seriously equate the number of articles published in the mainstream media to be an accurate method of gathering statistics, do you?

Old 01-05-2016, 05:17 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,286,376 times
I wonder if he'd have not been robbed at all if it was not for the gun they were after.
'Nice piece, I want it so give it to me'.

Maybe open carry should be only for cheap junk, not for nice Magnum.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:39 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
A Walther P22? What? He was 'protecting' himself from Jack Rabbits. I think the guy in flip-flops did him a favor.

(disclaimer: I do own a P22. Looks cool, but said to be finicky with brand of ammo. My copy seems to be fine. It's a short range plinker, nothing more.)
Unless you were shot....

(Disclaimer, I'm retired Army, I am a life NRA member, I have owned the P22, and I get tired of "Well it's only a .22", just like 9mm, let me shoot you with a 9mm.....)

Old 01-05-2016, 06:10 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
This post shows that liberal gun grabbers have absolutely no clue about guns.

And.....many more people's cell phones are snatched from their hands every day, so what's the OP's point other than to laugh at a crime victim?

Old 01-05-2016, 06:19 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
EVERTIME some knucklehead makes a denigrating comment using the Adjective Liberal I get very PO'd .. I am tired of little people running scared and all they can think of doing is grabbing a gun.. and blaming those who do the most good for America as Perpetrators of Evil.. My list is but the tip of that iceberg...

Liberals do the most good for this country??? LMAO!! You are too funny. Liberals are ruining this country. If left unchecked liberals would have the US a communist country within a years time.

Old 01-05-2016, 06:20 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Not sure if this has already been brought up...
It is usually conservatives with the BS posts but this is a BS post by a liberal.
1. Read gun laws in Oregon.
2. It is illegal to open carry a loaded gun in Multnomah County where Gresham Oregon is located. The criminal who robbed him may have known this law and then walked up to him with a loaded or maybe even unloaded gun thus being able to take the gun out of his hands and run off.
Although I am too young to vote please both sides at least look deeper before you post BS facts or stories.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Oregon

Old 01-05-2016, 06:25 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Not sure if this has already been brought up...
It is usually conservatives with the BS posts but this is a BS post by a liberal.
1. Read gun laws in Oregon.
2. It is illegal to open carry a loaded gun in Multnomah County where Gresham Oregon is located. The criminal who robbed him may have known this law and then walked up to him with a loaded or maybe even unloaded gun thus being able to take the gun out of his hands and run off.
Although I am too young to vote please both sides at least look deeper before you post BS facts or stories.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Oregon

That explains why you are a liberal. You are too young to know better.

Old 01-05-2016, 06:35 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
I'm not a liberal, I can't vote so I can't join a side and some policies by conservatives I like some policies by liberals I like. I just know time and time again by Fox news spews hundreds if not thousands of misleading statistics every year. I can't honestly look at fox news as a factual source of media, although CNN has some moments also, compared to Fox news, CNN is an angel. Now their is also very liberal media that spews nonsense as much as Fox but their usually smaller than fox in size and don't put on the mask/facade of balanced reporting.

Old 01-05-2016, 06:36 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Unless you were shot....

(Disclaimer, I'm retired Army, I am a life NRA member, I have owned the P22, and I get tired of "Well it's only a .22", just like 9mm, let me shoot you with a 9mm.....)
Tip: start by getting shot with a .22 so you can build up a resistance to larger calibers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies