Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 04:42 PM

73,062 posts, read 62,670,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
Perhaps not, but the racial characteristic is not something to be ignored if one wants to solve the problem.
If looking for a suspect, that is one matter. LePage, on the other hand, went off the deep end by specifically singling out White women. Pretty much ignored the rest of the female population.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
This is the standard attack on anyone whose mind isn't fully under politically correct leftist thought control.
By that logic, I could just say that what you are saying is an attack on anyone who actually judges the individual and not the whole race.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:45 PM

552 posts, read 314,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
By that logic, I could just say that what you are saying is an attack on anyone who actually judges the individual and not the whole race.
By that standard, being colorblind should not be called "racism". MLK called for colorblindness. I guess us white folks are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
By that standard, being colorblind should not be called "racism". MLK called for colorblindness. I guess we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.
Yes, he called for a society where individuals are judged by what they do, and not their skin color. If that is such a problem, well, tough.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Yes, he called for a society where individuals are judged by what they do, and not their skin color. If that is such a problem, well, tough.
Talk to the DNC. They have the opposite viewpoint. If you don't acknowledge racial differences then you are a racist. Of course if you do, and are the wrong color, and aren't politically correct, then you are the devil himself. Pretty convenient, eh?

Old 01-09-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Talk to the DNC. They have the opposite viewpoint. If you don't acknowledge racial differences then you are a racist. Of course if you do, and are the wrong color, and aren't politically correct, then you are the devil himself. Pretty convenient, eh?
How is not looking at racial differences make someone a racist? Last I checked, not thinking about race can't be considered racist, because there is no thinking about race.

You complain about the left, but you are the one obsessing about race. Hypocritical. I'm not talking about left or right. You are.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
How is not looking at racial differences make someone a racist?
I don't know if I can help you if you aren't paying attention. The new left line is that anyone who is not a leftist and mentions MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech is racist because they are promoting colorblindness and not acknowledging "blackness" or the "black experience". Social Justice Warriors have spent a couple generations trying to make sure that blacks are "equal" and now that they are, they have done a 180 and are criticizing anyone who doesn't talk about differences. Like I said, white folks can't win. We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. I am one white man who refuses to feel guilty for what I didn't do and if you are black did not happen to you.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I don't know if I can help you if you aren't paying attention. The new left line is that anyone who is not a leftist and mentions MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech is racist because they are promoting colorblindness and not acknowledging "blackness" or the "black experience". Social Justice Warriors have spend a couple generations trying to make sure that blacks are "equal" and now that they are, they have done a 180 and are criticizing anyone who doesn't talk about differences. Like I said, white folks can't win. We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. I am one white man who refuses to feel guilty for what I didn't do and if you are black did not happen to you.
I'm not asking you to feel guilty for what you didn't do. I'm tired of the racially bigoted tirades. And I don't care about you trying to "help" me understand.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:10 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,885,882 times
Quote:
If looking for a suspect, that is one matter. LePage, on the other hand, went off the deep end by specifically singling out White women. Pretty much ignored the rest of the female population.

So politicians never talk about and single out blacks and non-whites as the poor victims? That's all they do especially liberals. How many times has Obama said 'people of color' are victimized in society?

Old 01-09-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I'm tired of the racially bigoted tirades.
Same old stuff. If you tell the truth today you are a "racist" and a "bigot".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.