Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 12:05 PM

1,188 posts, read 960,212 times

Advertisements

Why aren't more average Americans outraged at seeing 1/4-1/3 of their income disappear into a black hole? Why aren't more Americans outraged at the fact that they're required to fill out a document that can be used against them? Why aren't more Americans outraged at the fact that the IRS has been found to have political reasons for auditing certain individuals and organizations? Why aren't more Americans outraged that the IRS illegally siezes property? Why aren't more Americans outraged at the fact that the 16th Amendment is Unconstitutional? Why aren't more Americans outraged at the fact that they have to spend an entire day filling out this crap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 12:09 PM

170 posts, read 105,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Why aren't more average Americans outraged at seeing 1/4-1/3 of their income disappear into a black hole? Why aren't more Americans outraged at the fact that they're required to fill out a document that can be used against them? Why aren't more Americans outraged at the fact that the IRS has been found to have political reasons for auditing certain individuals and organizations? Why aren't more Americans outraged that the IRS illegally siezes property? Why aren't more Americans outraged at the fact that the 16th Amendment is Unconstitutional? Why aren't more Americans outraged at the fact that they have to spend an entire day filling out this crap?
More important daily problems to deal with. Simple as that. We get our refund every year and its just enough to pay off some bills,fix cars if they need fixed,make a trip to see family and save for school clothes/supplies and or a dinner out just me and the wife for valentines day....We know there is a probem but not a lot we can do about it. Elect better people or support movements that are completely different from the system we have now is bout all you can do. I do have comfort in knowing the way things are going it can't stay like it is forever eventually its going to fall apart and collapse on its self.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:11 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,695,683 times
The tax system bothers me in certain ways, sure, but I'm generally not an angry guy. It seems many people these days enjoy being "outraged" by one thing or another. I've got better ways to expend my energy.

I also don't look at taxes as a "black hole". I'd like it if the system seemed more accountable, but I know that money is going toward services and programs I use every day (the highway system, defense, the affordable care act, social security for my mother, etc.).

Old 01-10-2016, 12:12 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,298,021 times
Because we pay some of the lowest taxes in the Western world?

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Because they mindlessly follow the big government candidates they out into office even though their policies are known failures. No backbone to call out those who lie. I know I deserve better.

7,276 posts, read 5,294,435 times
I'm a CPA, and I'm outraged at the convoluted income tax laws. Alternative minimum tax? Let's tack on additional tax as an alternative. All these phase outs of deductions, rules for S-Corp shareholders, etc etc. Crazy stuff. Great - keeps my job, and I'm not a believer in a flat rate system. But each year the laws get more difficult to digest.

I'm just an average middle-class citizen who like many others isn't rolling in money. But I also know there is a price to pay for living in this country, a price I pay at the federal and state levels. What's really frustrating is the differentials in tax rates state to state.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:14 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Because we pay some of the lowest taxes in the Western world?
So even though we the people are getting economically hurt by the Federal income tax, the reason to not be outrages is because others are worse off?

Old 01-10-2016, 12:16 PM

50,911 posts, read 24,413,204 times
Quote:
Here you go again seeking more outrage.

You are one of the perpetually outraged.

But to answer your question, there is a price to be paid -- literally -- for living in one of the best nations in the world. There is a price to be paid for our freedoms and standard of living. Part of that price is taxes. Freedom and standards of living don't grow on trees.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:19 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,184,212 times

Old 01-10-2016, 12:29 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,290,168 times
90% basically under Obama are poorer paying less taxes from poverty.
Remember recent articles talking about how 90% of Americans have not been able to save $1000 in their accounts.

Theft of social security, borrowing trillions and sometimes over half your income in taxes.
Then people go on he dole with families making more after benefits then they could in life so they become also our added burden.

Reagan had it right. A top rate of 28% doubles money to the treasury and people are then energized to work far harder, to produce and see their bank accounts swell by keeping more of their own money in the hands of those who really earned it.

Reagan like Trump had Drmocrats, their press and establishment GOP against him.
He went to the people, said later he made two mistakes:
#1 amnesty without a complete wall.
#2 giving a tax raise with Democrats who promised to make $3 in cuts for every new $1 in tax. They betrayed America, President Reagan and showed they had no honor with their word. Instead of cutting $3 per $1 in they INCREASED $3 for every dollar in.

People are sick of it. We are at a pivotal moment in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies