Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2016, 05:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Okay, but you have to admit that attitude and personality affect the way someone looks. If Michelle Obama had a sunny smile all the time and looked happy, she'd be stunning. As it is, she's pretty enough, but she looks like she can't stand the entire political process and hates everyone in Washington DC.
I will say I suffer from the same disorder - otherwise known as Resting B***h face. One of my co-workers has it too!

My entire life I've been told to smile and people think I'm plotting murder or something when I'm just sitting there lost in thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksphins View Post
Exactly, it's going to take years to fix what this fecal worm destroyed.
Awww, Hawksphins - we hardly knew ye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 05:41 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
jacqueg was talking about Michelle O. being fit and athletic, not Haley.
Oh i see, thanks for the clarification. I was glad to see Mrs Obama change her eyebrow style. it looked better on her.

Old 01-13-2016, 05:42 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Must be your first time to watch a SOTU? That "military group" was the Joint Chiefs of Staff and they always respond exactly that way to their Commander-in-Chief's speech. And people always line up to do kissy face with the President on his way in. W was the worst/best, depending upon how you look at it. He was a very physically responsive person and people took advantage of that. I remember watching my own Congressman, an elderly man, almost fall down as he pushed in to embrace and smack W. Bush on the cheek. It was a scary and cringe-worthy moment.

The part you apparently missed is that Obama was at the door, waiting for several minutes while the SC's and cabinet members were making their way to their seats. The PBS commentator said he couldn't recall that happening before with any President.
Ok you like him. I get it.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:38 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Awaken and pay attention to facts. The stock market is higher than it has ever been in the history of America!!!!!
Geez whiz...
whine and cry but you won't get the 1930's, 40's, 50's back again, "Ever/NEVER"....I guess that is difficult to digest but fact and reality is simple, that's just how it is.

What was it, "two terms", both won with landslide victory !!!!! Even after the Republican spent nearly a $billion trying to buy the office and it did not work for them. That seems to say unequivocal, that the majority of Americans does not agree with you nor the Republican System and certainly not its agenda.
You live in the same fantasy world as does our corrupt president. You have been brain washed..
Very sad...

Old 01-13-2016, 07:41 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
I would still like to know specifically which policies that can be directly attributed to President Obama are "tanking the stock market". Apparently finalmove won't (or can't) answer the question. I'm not trying to be combative, I really want to know.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:51 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
You live in the same fantasy world as does our corrupt president. You have been brain washed..
Very sad...
Grumpy, can you cite some examples of what President Obama has done for you to consider him "corrupt"? Also, how did you come to the conclusion that Chance is brainwashed? What evidence do you have? I know these are tough questions but you can't just come into a forum like this and drop accusations with nothing to back them up.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:11 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post

What was it, "two terms", both won with landslide victory !!!!! Even after the Republican spent nearly a $billion trying to buy the office and it did not work for them. That seems to say unequivocal, that the majority of Americans does not agree with you nor the Republican System and certainly not its agenda.
You're really out of touch with reality. His "landslide victory" was with a whopping 50.4% of the popular vote and his party was destroyed in the next election. Hardly unequivocal evidence that a majority of Americans "does not agree with the Republican system". Take a look at who controls most governors offices, state Houses, state Senates, along with US senate and House seats. If you can pull your head out of Obamas *** you might see that the majority of America is rejecting Obama and the democrats.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:32 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You're really out of touch with reality. His "landslide victory" was with a whopping 50.4% of the popular vote and his party was destroyed in the next election. Hardly unequivocal evidence that a majority of Americans "does not agree with the Republican system". Take a look at who controls most governors offices, state Houses, state Senates, along with US senate and House seats. If you can pull your head out of Obamas *** you might see that the majority of America is rejecting Obama and the democrats.
Actually it was 51% to 47%, but the landslide came in the electoral vote, which wasn't even close--332 to 206, which equates to 62% for Obama to Romney's 38% in the electoral college. That's a landslide.

And it's true that all of those big empty states out west have mostly Republican governors, but empty states don't carry many electoral votes. Lots of GOP governors who govern lots of empty acres, but not much in the way of actual population. Too bad for you, cows and acreage don't get to vote.

Congress tends to go back and forth. The Senate, in particular, is going to be hard for the GOP to hold this cycle.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Conservatives don't want stagnancy, they want regression. You know how ISIS wants to go back to the 7th century? Extreme conservatism wants to take us back a century, to Jim Crow and women not being able to vote, amongst other things.
Exactly! The GOP wants to chase after ISIS back to the 7th century taking our country with them.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:29 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
"800 million jobs lost"

"facts are facts" uh-huh

Well you know in these Obamayears every man., woman, & child has needed 2.66 jobs each to make it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies