Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 07:27 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,966,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"Immigrants" or illegal aliens? Big difference. If it is actually true that Americans won't do certain jobs then hiring illegal aliens for those jobs is unacceptable.
The proof of that is Trump himself. All of his wives were foreigners, which means there are indeed certain jobs that Americans won't do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 07:47 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,920,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The proof of that is Trump himself. All of his wives were foreigners, which means there are indeed certain jobs that Americans won't do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marla_Maples

Not wife number 2

Too; please STOP lumping legal and ILLEGAL aliens together, that's a big insult to the people who did things right.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:05 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,403,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Exercise of Religion is a Constitutionally protected right. Cargill has deep pockets. If the workers were smart and organized Cargill would have something to worry about with this policy.

Yes, but most (all?) of the laws regarding religion in the workplace contain some sort of wording about "reasonable accommodation" for a given religious practice.

On an assembly line, it may very well not be reasonable to let that high of a percentage of your workforce walk away at the same time.

You never get that time back, when the production line stops, you start losing dollars right then. Sure, you can run long and still produce the same # of units that day, but at increased cost. This is why manufacturers do everything they can to make sure the line runs when it's supposed to be running.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:07 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,965,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How many Republicans would want to provide amnesty to the 50-70 million illegal immigrants? The vast majority of Democrats want to!

Top Corporate Executives Descend On Washington To Lobby For Amnesty… - See more at: Top Corporate Executives Descend On Washington To Lobby For Amnesty... - Tea Party News

(Bloomberg) - Evangelical pastors, corporate leaders, elected Republican officials and small-government activists arrive in Washington next week to lobby lawmakers to revamp U.S. immigration policies before year’s end.

The “conservative fly-in†will involve about 600 people and include personal meetings with at least 80 Republican members of Congress, said Ali Noorani, an organizer of the event and executive director of the National Immigration Forum.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:07 AM

63,007 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Were any of his wives here illegally? I don't think so! Do you think that any of his wives actually worked? Why would they have to with Trump supporting them? I wish you would post what jobs that Americans supposedly won't do sans crop picking which there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers. I'll wait.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:32 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,920,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Were any of his wives here illegally? I don't think so! Do you think that any of his wives actually worked? Why would they have to with Trump supporting them? I wish you would post what jobs that Americans supposedly won't do sans crop picking which there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers. I'll wait.
Illegal alien fans are running scared to death IMHO.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:51 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,400,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
150 Muslims Fired From Colorado Meat Packing Plant After Walking Off Job In Prayer Dispute

"About 150 Muslim assembly line workers at a Colorado meat packing plant lost their jobs after they walked off and alleged their employer won't let them fulfill their daily prayer obligations.

But a Cargill spokesman told the newspaper the plant, which produces 4 million pounds of beef every day, cannot accommodate the 200 Muslims who want to take a prayer break at the same time without disrupting production at the factory."

Ariens Co. says it won't allow unscheduled prayer breaks

(clip)
Have you EVER worked in a packing plant?
Me, neither, but I once did a lot of non-related work for one. For around 6 months, I was all over the place, doing my job.

The work is really hard on the human body. It's all production line butchering, which demands a lot of lifting, hard working of the arms and hands, standing on wet concrete floors in a continually cold environment.

Imagine rolling cold meat into roasts all day long. Try it at home, outside in the yard on a cold day, with one of your kids spraying you with a hose while you do it. And then you'll know. Just one will do it.

Almost every worker, no matter how young or old, male or female, wore hand, wrist and arm braces or elastic bandages, they limped in for work and staggered out, were all nursing colds (or runny noses), and worked in grim silence.

It's a smelly, wet, grimy, tough work place with no real relief for 8 hours. l could always get out and take a break when it got to me, but none of them could. Over that time span, I saw a continual turnover in the labor force, and none of the joshing and camaraderie I saw in other factories.

If I was forced to take a job in one, I would convert to Islam just to get a brief break on my prayer rug! It would be the only time when I would be sort of dry and have a chance to limber up my back!

Old 01-28-2016, 10:44 AM

73,067 posts, read 62,694,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Notice how the government picks some of the most white and Christian areas and seeds the immigrants there like an invasive species? It's just genetic/biological/cultural/economic warfare targeted against white Americans. Got to make sure not one white city anywhere remains.
Wrong. St. Louis is majority Black and refugees are being sent there. Atlanta is also majority Black and refugees are being sent there too. Refugees are going to Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia.

Something else. Churches have been involved with resettling refugees,so I wouldn't blame the government for that.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:48 AM

73,067 posts, read 62,694,503 times
This guy has a solution about fixing illegal immigrants(the first part). However, I don't agree with repealing the 14th amendment. I see it as part of the reason I'm a citizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflV6AH2Bw8

Old 01-28-2016, 07:28 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This guy has a solution about fixing illegal immigrants(the first part). However, I don't agree with repealing the 14th amendment. I see it as part of the reason I'm a citizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflV6AH2Bw8

Not the same thing. Were you or your ancestors ever in this country illegally by willfully violating our immigration laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies