Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 11:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times

Advertisements

Not saying they the governments have not tried.
Would we as a nation set in our ways, really allow they the government to pass restrictive laws upon the 1st amendment? We we set in our ways allow the 1st amendment to be amended?

The same can not be said for the 4th Amendment. The Supreme Court said so, to keep me safe. Patriot Act and The NDAA are direct violations of the 4th amendment. I don't care what another person thinks. I can read the amendment and see what they are doing. I'm not an idiot like they wish I was. Did they just take that for themselves, without the peoples approval?

Then the 5th Amendment... A thing of the past. Again, the Supreme Court said so, to keep everyone but you safe. Did they just take that for themselves, without the peoples approval?

The 8th is leaned on constantly in the justice system, with no end in sight as the Police State increases. Did they just take that for themselves, without the peoples approval?

Now, why do we let them highly restrict our 2nd amendment? The one amendment, that protects the above from happening in the first place. Who gave government any rights to the peoples arms? Did they just take that for themselves, without the peoples approval?

The Government v. The Free People.
Owned by Government at all levels? Or do you as an individual actually have any liberty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 12:05 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,599,114 times
I think all journalist should pass background check, a test to show their understanding of journalist and get a license before they are allowed to publish anything in public.

Seriously, do we really want them to poison us with their communist, nazi, extreme reglious or idiotic ideas? Words and ideals killed far more people than guns!!!

Old 01-30-2016, 12:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,304,530 times
We did and most people supported it. Luckily the Supreme Court stepped in and saved us from ourselves.

George W. Bush: Statement on Signing the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002

The moron even noted that it was unconstitutional but he was going to sign it anyway.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I think all journalist should pass background check, a test to show their understanding of journalist and get a license before they are allowed to publish anything in public.

Seriously, do we really want them to poison us with their communist, nazi, extreme reglious or idiotic ideas? Words and ideals killed far more people than guns!!!

A single vote, or the swipe of a pen, has killed more people than either, words or guns.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,265,186 times
If the First Amendment had to be ratified today in its present iteration, it wouldn't make it. People would think that it allows too much freedom.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:39 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 10 days ago)

52,718 posts, read 48,035,881 times
We'd best not touch the First Amendment if we know what's good for us.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:34 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,391,054 times
The constitution is dead. If we don't fight for our rights we will not have them any more.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If the First Amendment had to be ratified today in its present iteration, it wouldn't make it. People would think that it allows too much freedom.

No kidding!

Old 01-30-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
The constitution is dead. If we don't fight for our rights we will not have them any more.

Who is the perp that killed it?

Old 01-30-2016, 06:42 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,131,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What is a journalist? If I have a website "thecoalman news" are you going to require me to be licensed?

In the past publishing/broadcasting was expensive so by default the average citizen would have difficulty reaching the masses. Today you can do it for free with as little as a cell phone and the sky is the limit from there with very little cost especially if you are going to concentrate on text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies