Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 02:28 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingding View Post
Darn, I KNEW there was something I forgot to do today...kill people!
Good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 02:29 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times
Let's face it...eating Doritos is a damn constitutional right. For both the born, the un-born, and the un-dead (had to include them, 'cause noboby cares about zombie rights).

Old 02-08-2016, 02:30 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
It was just another "dumb white guy" commercial

Old 02-08-2016, 02:30 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
This whole thread is based on a tweet. Give me a break.
The thread is about the opinion of one of Americas largest abortion advocacy groups and their displeasure that anyone would seek to "humanize" the pre-born.

Its disgusting on its face and lets be clear about this. there is zero distance between NARAL and the democrat party. (their platform includes wording that is supportive of abortion on demand up to the day of delivery.)

Old 02-08-2016, 02:50 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
That anti-choice crowd that wants to take away women's choices regarding their own bodies? Let them eat chips! They can always go out and save some kids already born, but that is not really their thing. They don't want to help humans who can think but are living in atrocious conditions--just faceless cells.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:53 PM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingding View Post
Darn, I KNEW there was something I forgot to do today...kill people!
If you're pregnant, you can.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:01 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
That anti-choice crowd that wants to take away women's choices regarding their own bodies? Let them eat chips! They can always go out and save some kids already born, but that is not really their thing. They don't want to help humans who can think but are living in atrocious conditions--just faceless cells.

sorry wrong thread. this isn't about anti-choice.

this is about Doritos making a funny commercial that makes the claim that their chips are so good babies come early to get some...

and crazy choice loving NARAL cries foul because it humanizes the unborn. Evidently they like the unborn to not be humans so its easier to do more abortions.

see? anti-choice crowds weren't involved at all. don't blame them for the stupid nonsense being tossed around by naral

Old 02-08-2016, 03:05 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Doritos had an amusing ad during the Super Bowl that I watched and immediately forgot about until I read this short story. NARAL and pro-choice advocates took a swipe at Doritos for having the audacity to portray a fetus as something more than just a clump of cells. Doritos Pro-Life Super Bowl Ad

Now we all know a human fetus is...well, a human. We as a society have decided it's okay to kill and dispose of unwanted children. I know it and I suspect that most of you know it. The people who made this ad know the fetus is a little human and however many millions watched the Super Bowl know it too. Why NARAL feels obliged to continue pretend it's just a clump of cells is beyond me.
Every time I see it, I laugh ... and the issues around it? Just goes to show anyone can take issue with anything at any time. imo, the commercial is too silly to be a pro anything.

NARAL, by taking issue with the commercial is doing more in efforts to humanize the fetus, than the commercial ever would. Come on now, the fetus dives out of the womb for Doritos, that's just funny.

I could say that the commercial is exploiting, insensitivity of fathers, by bringing a snack food and having more interest in the snack food, than the ultrasound of their baby. Actually, I think I just did.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
I'm offended.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:46 PM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
And PETA is outraged over Budweiser forcing Clydesdales to pull heavy beer wagons.....
Hey, they should do a commercial where a father is watching his wife's sonogram and is drinking a beer.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies