Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 02:18 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
So, just to confirm, do you think that the Arab Initiative is unfair?
And if it is unfair, what do you think will be a fair plan? And why do you think Israel is criticized for not accepting this plan?
So just to confirm, you just want to keep repeating yourself and have this unilateral conversation all to yourself on your own terms, right?

Please, don't let me get in your way, but please also stop addressing me, so I don't need to ignore you going forward. I've done the best I can explaining every aspect of my opinions about these matters, and I simply have no better to offer in terms of your questions, what you seem to need from me. Sorry!

PS: just for the record, please review my comments about what I most criticize Israel for doing when it comes to her pre-conditions, to even RESUME negotiations, let alone what issues might be "fair" to consider once those negotiations are started again.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:24 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
So just to confirm, you just want to keep repeating yourself and have this unilateral conversation all to yourself on your own terms, right?

Please, don't let me get in your way, but please also stop addressing me, so I don't need to ignore you going forward. I've done the best I can explaining every aspect of my opinions about these matters, and I simply have no better to offer in terms of your questions, what you seem to need from me. Sorry!

PS: just for the record, please review my comments about what I most criticize Israel for doing when it comes to her pre-conditions, to even RESUME negotiations, let alone what issues might be "fair" to consider once those negotiations are started again.
Ok.
So you don't have answers. It's ok, you can try to educate yourself later. Please be prepared next time when you are trying to make some points. It will make you look better.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:37 PM

Default As you wish...

Quote:
Ok.
So you don't have answers. It's ok, you can try to educate yourself later. Please be prepared next time when you are trying to make some points. It will make you look better.
Right, you have the magic answers, as you insist of course. Happy now?

I'm educated enough to know what I'm dealing with here, and I've learned enough to know that what points I have made are lost on you. That's okay too.

You need not needle anymore! I don't know you, but I'm sure you're better than this, or can be anyway...

Old 02-25-2016, 06:50 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Right, you have the magic answers, as you insist of course. Happy now?

I'm educated enough to know what I'm dealing with here, and I've learned enough to know that what points I have made are lost on you. That's okay too.

You need not needle anymore! I don't know you, but I'm sure you're better than this, or can be anyway...
So if you are educated enough, can you please state your plan for settling the conflict once and for all?

Old 02-25-2016, 08:18 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Hmm... Is there any country that officially demands dismantling of Ukraine
Russia hasn't exactly shown much respect for Ukraine's right to exist, eh? Yet much of the world seems untroubled.

Quote:
or placing into it tens of millions people from other nation?

"placing into it tens of millions people from other nation?"

What does that even mean?

Old 02-26-2016, 05:57 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Stalin killed an estimated 10,000,000-20,000,000 Ukrainians, why isn't the 'world' as equally concerned about Ukraine 'deserving' to exist as it is about other countries? The hypocrisy extends far beyond the ME.
People were concerned during that time. Ukraine is now a country which has a dispute with Russia which the world is watching closely. Not sure what you are getting at?

Old 02-26-2016, 08:27 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
People were concerned during that time. Ukraine is now a country which has a dispute with Russia which the world is watching closely. Not sure what you are getting at?
What closely? Not a word in the media about that for months. Not a single word. Meanwhile every minor incident (or declaration) from Israel, Gaza, the West Bank, is amplified to epic proportions on all media outlets. That's what this thread is about.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:52 AM

Default Not a word in the media where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
What closely? Not a word in the media about that for months. Not a single word. Meanwhile every minor incident (or declaration) from Israel, Gaza, the West Bank, is amplified to epic proportions on all media outlets. That's what this thread is about.
You probably get most of your news from American sources. One might view the ebb-and-flow between the Ukrainians and the Russians as similarly long-protracted with little progress toward resolution (little new to report), but not as "close to home" (or near important) as the Israeli/Palestinian conflict when it comes to connection with the United States.

"global awareness of the centrality of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to events in Iraq, Lebanon, and the "war on terror", along with concern about the emergence of two rival administrations within the Palestinian Territories, revived Western leaders' interest in diplomatic efforts to end the crisis."

Last edited by LearnMe; 02-26-2016 at 09:16 AM..

Old 02-26-2016, 09:08 AM

"The two-state vision must become real in which the State of Israel will live alongside the State of Palestine on the 1967 borders in security and stability. The second most important section is that East Jerusalem be the capital of the Palestinian state. Jerusalem will remain open to all religions with arrangements between the two parties. The borders of the Palestinian state will eventually be in the hands of Palestinians, not the Israeli army. The refugee issue must be addressed based on the guidelines of the Arab Peace Initiative which calls for just and agreed solution to the problem of Palestinian refugees according to UNGA resolution 194. If the elements are honored, I believe this will be an acceptable, lasting and legitimate solution. The agreement will be applied to both the West Bank and Gaza Strip, and to the safe passage between them."

Jan. 2014 - Mahmoud Abbas, Csc

Old 02-26-2016, 09:14 AM

WASHINGTON -- Since the the latest round of U.S.-led peace talks collapsed last year, the international community has left the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to fester.

Three months after talks failed, war broke out in Gaza between Hamas and the Israeli military, leaving 66 Israelis and more than 2,000 Palestinians dead. In March, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu secured re-election after a campaign in which he suggested he would not allow for the creation of a Palestinian state. And on Sept. 30, amid escalating violence in Jerusalem and the West Bank, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas told the U.N. General Assembly he would no longer abide by the Oslo Accords, a Clinton-era attempt to finalize Palestinian statehood by 1998.

In the lead-up to last month’s U.N. General Assembly, the French proposed a new idea: If the Quartet can't get the parties to agree on to a deal, maybe adding 19 more countries -- including Saudi Arabia, Norway, China and Ireland -- and the Arab League to the peace talks would make it easier.

"If left alone, neither party can come up with a solution. And U.S. engagement, while indispensable, is not sufficient," added the diplomat, who requested anonymity to be able to speak candidly about the decision-making process. "We can either continue business as usual as we have been doing for the last 10 years and hope it will work or we can change the discussion."

France's Proposed Solution To Israel-Palestine Conflict Sidelines U.S.

"Change the discussion." Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies