Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 02:00 PM

548 posts, read 474,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Not sure I understand this request or the purpose, since when are Palestinians not in Israel, but more importantly..., why all the requests to filter the straight-forward news developments, facts and information as reported on a regular basis? The truth speaks for itself, I think, even though some are deaf to all but what they want to hear...
My mistake for being unclear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupBro View Post
Please make sure you post articles each time there is a Palestinian attack in Israel. Thanks.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:23 PM

29,555 posts, read 9,751,103 times
Quote:
My mistake for being unclear.
Thanks for filling in that blank for me, but I am not so interested in monitoring the attacks of terrorists as much as I am interested in the actions by heads of state, most certainly including the leaders of Israel, to end that sort of violence, from both sides. What they do (or don't) to bring peace.

The acts of terrorism have been going on for decades now, and neither side is innocent. Who needs any more of any of that except as constant reminder the violence must finally come to a stop?

What the world needs, let alone what Israel and the Palestinians need, is a negotiated peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:40 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,781,714 times
Quote:
Thanks for filling in that blank for me, but I am not so interested in monitoring the attacks of terrorists as much as I am interested in the actions by heads of state, most certainly including the leaders of Israel, to end that sort of violence, from both sides. What they do (or don't) to bring peace.

The acts of terrorism have been going on for decades now, and neither side is innocent. Who needs any more of any of that except as constant reminder the violence must finally come to a stop?

What the world needs, let alone what Israel and the Palestinians need, is a negotiated peace between Israel and the Palestinians.
But how does that happen when the Leaders of the Palestinian people won't meet with the Israeli Leaders without the Leaders of the Palestinian people setting preconditions just to sit down at the table?

Old 03-14-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:

I don't get it. Israel gave Palestinians control over Gaza. How did that work out for them? Stop all the missiles and terror attacks? No.

So why bother even trying. As far as I'm concerned they should just 100% shut down all the borders and throw away the key. No more settlements by the Israelis, no more giving water, power, or medical aid to the PLO. Nothing in, nothing out through Israel. If they want to go anywhere it has to be through Egypt or Jordan.

Palestinians made their mess and they can sleep in it.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
I don't get it.

You're right. You surely don't get it, and I surely can't help you...

Old 03-14-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
You're right. You surely don't get it, and I surely can't help you...
You don't have to help me. Perhaps you don't get it either?

Please explain to me why a group of people would want to immediately start bombing a country that just gave them the land they were crying about for 30 years. Seems like a real good way NOT to further any future negotiations. But maybe that's because I have a brain and am not some dumb hamas goon.

I've been to Israel, Jordan, and Egypt and lived with natives in each country. What's your experience with the region?

Old 03-14-2016, 03:48 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,781,714 times
Quote:
I don't get it. Israel gave Palestinians control over Gaza. How did that work out for them? Stop all the missiles and terror attacks? No.

So why bother even trying. As far as I'm concerned they should just 100% shut down all the borders and throw away the key. No more settlements by the Israelis, no more giving water, power, or medical aid to the PLO. Nothing in, nothing out through Israel. If they want to go anywhere it has to be through Egypt or Jordan.

If you want to go that far back in time, then yes the Palestinian people were given Gaza. But they voted for Fatah to lead them and not Hamas. Hamas took Gaza by coup. There was a window of opportunity to go in and and undo it, but politics put a stop to it and Fatah had no arms to take it back. Furthermore nearly all the Fatah officials in Gaza were lined up by Hamas and killed. If you need to lay blame somewhere then you need to include all the signatories of the Oslo Accords and not just Israel and the PA. As those signatories put up nothing for things to move forward as their words meant and did nothing.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:07 PM

Default How...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
If you want to go that far back in time, then yes the Palestinian people were given Gaza. But they voted for Fatah to lead them and not Hamas. Hamas took Gaza by coup. There was a window of opportunity to go in and and undo it, but politics put a stop to it and Fatah had no arms to take it back. Furthermore nearly all the Fatah officials in Gaza were lined up by Hamas and killed. If you need to lay blame somewhere then you need to include all the signatories of the Oslo Accords and not just Israel and the PA. As those signatories put up nothing for things to move forward as their words meant and did nothing.
If you want to look for example of what has not worked, review this history.

If you want progress, learn from past mistakes, certainly don't repeat them, and forge a NEW path forward undaunted by short-term set backs.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
If you want to look for example of what has not worked, review this history.

If you want progress, learn from past mistakes, certainly don't repeat them, and forge a NEW path forward undaunted by short-term set backs.
That's exactly what I proposed. Don't give in to any of Palestinians' demands. Don't try to negotiate as that has certainly not been successful. Cut them off entirely and only worry about Israeli citizens. The Pals can go fend for themselves and beg the Saudis, Iranians, and Qataris for money to fund the corrupt leaders of the PLO.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
You don't have to help me. Perhaps you don't get it either?

Please explain to me why a group of people would want to immediately start bombing a country that just gave them the land they were crying about for 30 years. Seems like a real good way NOT to further any future negotiations. But maybe that's because I have a brain and am not some dumb hamas goon.

I've been to Israel, Jordan, and Egypt and lived with natives in each country. What's your experience with the region?
I have not yet had the experience of visiting those countries, for a few reasons, one most certainly because of this violence I would like to avoid, just as I am not as inclined to visit Mexico as often as I used to.

If any of that should matter, I have been to Germany more than once, most recently including a visit to the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin where it seems the more modern-day problems for the Palestinians began...

What the world knows about these wars and these matters does not come from visits to these countries I don't think, but no doubt our perspectives can be influenced by such experiences. What is your connection with any of these countries?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies