Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 05:39 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,541,469 times

Advertisements

Until I see a mass die-off of warmers via suicide, I conclude even they don't believe their propaganda.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:44 AM

33,529 posts, read 37,130,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It's called El Niño. Take your AGW garbage and sell that lunacy elsewhere.
AGW is causing more frequent and more severe El Nino events...Get used to it.

http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journ...imate2100.html

Old 02-15-2016, 05:55 AM

57,242 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Both are called weather, warmest December in history for Boston and you hear nothing, set a record for one day and there is no global warming!

"Boston will record its warmest December in modern history, the National Weather Service said Thursday, noting that the region has not had a day when temperatures were colder than normal since the first of the month."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...R9N/story.html

Old 02-15-2016, 06:09 AM

23,539 posts, read 17,216,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
97% of scientists agree that liberals aren't capable of intelligent thought.
The 97 per cent.......wiki says

"Often scientists apply for research funding which a granting agency may (or may not) approve to financially support. These grants require a lengthy process as the granting agency can inquire about the researcher(s)'s background, the facilities used, the equipment needed, the time involved, and the overall potential of the scientific outcome. The process of grant writing and grant proposing is a somewhat delicate process for both the grantor and the grantee: the grantors want to choose the research that best fits their scientific principles, and the individual grantees want to apply for research in which they have the best chances but also in which they can build a body of work towards future scientific endeavours. This interplay can become a frustrating and lengthy process."

This discussion begs the question, how does anyone know if the effort to halt human caused global warming is having any real impact, aside from theoretical projections?

Apparently there are no measurable indicators for progress, failure or current status in the effort to save the planet.

When will we stop HCGW?

If the projections are so dire in terms of terrorism and rising water levels will the day ISIS lays down with Christians be the final indicator that Obama, Gore and friends have reached their goal, saved the planet.... and reversed HCGW....which now would be reason to continue oppressive regulations and tax money grab to save the planet from human caused global cooling

Old 02-15-2016, 06:28 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,844,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Warm = proof of global warming
Cold = proof of global warming
Heavy rain = proof of global warming
Drought = proof of global warming
Hurricanes = proof of global warming
Tornadoes = proof of global warming
Earthquakes = proof of global warming
Meteors = proof of global warming
Racism = proof of global warming

Basically, everything is evidence of global warming. Got it.

EXACTLY!

Old 02-15-2016, 06:28 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
AGW is causing more frequent and more severe El Nino events...Get used to it.

http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journ...imate2100.html
That's the same scare tactic used concerning Atlantic storms until they fell to record low levels

Old 02-15-2016, 06:34 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm just curious. What kind of mental block prevents you from understanding the difference between weather and climate or the difference between the world and your backyard?

And what "mental block" prevents you from understanding the following:

1. man made CO2 makes up 3% of atmospheric CO2

2. CO2 levels increase AFTER temps increase, not the other way around

3. prior to man, CO2 levels were 2500 ppm, today they are 450 ppm

4. Water and methane are the major green house gases

5. The earth has cyclical climate change, due to the orbit of the earth around the sun and solar activity

6. Fossilized tropical animals and plants are found above the artic circle, dated to current continental position.

7. CO2 output fell 65% during the decade of the great depression- temps increased

8. CO2 production ramped duing WW2- temps decreased

9. Climate needs to be evaluated over a long period of time

Old 02-15-2016, 06:37 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,113,070 times
Ignorance is bliss. Meanwhile, ice continues to melt and sea level continues to rise. I am cool with that, I would love my house to be ocean front soon.

Mick

Old 02-15-2016, 06:42 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,578,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
And what "mental block" prevents you from understanding the following:

1. man made CO2 makes up 3% of atmospheric CO2

2. CO2 levels increase AFTER temps increase, not the other way around

3. prior to man, CO2 levels were 2500 ppm, today they are 450 ppm

4. Water and methane are the major green house gases

5. The earth has cyclical climate change, due to the orbit of the earth around the sun and solar activity

6. Fossilized tropical animals and plants are found above the artic circle, dated to current continental position.

7. CO2 output fell 65% during the decade of the great depression- temps increased

8. CO2 production ramped duing WW2- temps decreased

9. Climate needs to be evaluated over a long period of time
Portland Maine - 0 Degrees right now. I know because my local Fox affiliate tells me so. Ha - that means global warming is a myth !

Old 02-15-2016, 08:04 AM

572 posts, read 279,953 times
The whole first page of this thread made me embarrassed for most of the people making the comments. I mean, it's like a gish gallop of straw men wrapped in ad hominem armor, put forward with maximum ignorance.

At least attempt to grasp these very basic facts before discussing this issue:

1. Weather isn't the same thing as climate... climate is the weather average over at least 30 years.
2. Seasons aren't the same thing as climate-- I mean, come on. An example of climate would be warm spring and cold winter. An example of climate change would be '30 years of springs that are warmer than they used to be'.
3. One single extreme weather event isn't the same thing as climate, but an increased NUMBER of extreme events in an area can be attributed to climate change.
4. Climate predictions that happen to be wrong don't completely invalidate our modern understanding of the very well-studied properties of CO2.

Is this stuff too complicated for most of you or is it just that you're so eager to attack liberals/progressives/Obama that you don't care whether or not you actually understand these things first?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies