Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 09:25 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,015,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I'm not sure if this is correct, or off the wall, or peer accepted research or otherwise, but I do think it shows some insight as to how deep and complex these things get genetically speaking.

Chimeras are people born with both male and female cells.

Dual-gender macro-chimeric tissue discordance is predicted to be a significant cause of human homosexuality and transgenderism | Hanley | Hypotheses in the Life Sciences
We could be posting scientific stuff in here all night. The debate is endless. My only critique of transgender theory and politics is that reinforces instead of breaking down rigid gender norms. Biological differences in males and females will always produce some gender norms in society because it's a reality but trans activists almost promote the most rigid norms of what constitutes womanhood. If there is an essence of maleness and femaleness that is non-material, then it’s not clear how surgical or chemical changes in the body transform a person. If that essence of maleness and femaleness is material, in the biological realm, then it’s not clear how those changes in selected parts of the body transform a person.
I know a lot of trans people don't go through the surgery or homone replacement therapy but if sex and gender are so complicated and intersecting, why stick to the rigidness of identifying with either or. I don't see transgender theory or politics as all that progressive if their route is to fight for such conservative notions of gender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 12:25 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Transfattic acid-eating parents create transgenderic children.

Old 02-23-2016, 04:11 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Serious question: how can a transgender know what it is like to feel like a woman if they have never been the other sex? 'Womanhood' is reduced to a feeling?
Quote:
How can it be a biological drive if a MtF doesn't have any of the female anatomy? Most have also never been raised a female? Even if they have in the case of some, it's only through reinforcing rigid gender norms; i.e. dresses, long hair, dolls, etc.
That seems to reduce womanhood into an immaterial female essence which we can't scientifically quantify. We really just have to take their word for it that they identify with the opposite sex/gender.
IMO, it boils down to what you're saying. Transgender people don't socially identify with what they are biologically. It's a psychological disorder.

It bothers me that transgender people aren't getting the help they need. Instead, we're all supposed to pretend that they are truly what their biology says they're not. It's a disservice to transgender people.

Womanhood cannot be reduced to wanting to wear dresses, play with dolls, have long hair. There are tons of woman (biological woman) who don't want to wear dresses, play with dolls, and have long hair. They're still women...because of biology.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:13 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,015,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
IMO, it boils down to what you're saying. Transgender people don't socially identify with what they are biologically. It's a psychological disorder.

It bothers me that transgender people aren't getting the help they need. Instead, we're all supposed to pretend that they are truly what their biology says they're not. It's a disservice to transgender people.

Womanhood cannot be reduced to wanting to wear dresses, play with dolls, have long hair. There are tons of woman (biological woman) who don't want to wear dresses, play with dolls, and have long hair. They're still women...because of biology.
It's not only biology but that women have been raised and socialized as women meaning they carry the experiences of being the opposite sex. They don't choose it. It's a lived experience. How can a trans person know they're a woman if they don't have they don't experience life as a woman? That's reducing females to an essence or a feeling of some sort.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:44 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
"The DNA-altering approach for permanently reducing homosexual and pedophile behavior in mice with a single injection could potentially reduce these sexual instincts by up to 90 percent believes Nasser Zolfaghari, PhD and assistant professor at the Tehran University of Medical Sciences."

Iran: New Vaccine Could Cure Homosexuality and Pedophilia World News Daily Report

Old 02-23-2016, 10:17 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
IMO, it boils down to what you're saying. Transgender people don't socially identify with what they are biologically. [/b]It's a psychological disorder.[/b]

I'm pretty sure there are transgender women who don't wear dresses, have long hair, or play with dolls either. But they still feel like women. Most likely, because of biology. Biology that we don't understand yet. We don't know everything there is to know about sexual development.

But you are correct, they have not been socialized as women. So they do what they think women do, because that's what they see women do. If you are transgender in a culture where women don't wear dresses or have long hair, you're probably going to adapt to the social norms of women in the culture you're in.

And listen, I get what you're saying, it sounds logical. But the medical community does not, as a whole, agree with you. You just can't state categorically that it's a psychological disorder, as a fact. Because that would mean you know more than others who are trained and studied in the field. And more than anybody really, because no one knows for sure why it happens.

I know you don't have any malintent and are a kind compassionate person. I just disagree with you on this one.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:22 PM

Quote:
It's not only biology but that women have been raised and socialized as women meaning they carry the experiences of being the opposite sex. They don't choose it. It's a lived experience. How can a trans person know they're a woman if they don't have they don't experience life as a woman? That's reducing females to an essence or a feeling of some sort.
Still, it is, isn't it? At its most basic level? They've tried socializing men who've had their penis' mutilated as children as women, it doesn't work. Because they always feel like men. Even after they've been castrated, and never told that they're boys. They never truly believe they are women.

People seem to know who they truly are, even when all physical and environmental evidence seems to point otherwise.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
"The DNA-altering approach for permanently reducing homosexual and pedophile behavior in mice with a single injection could potentially reduce these sexual instincts by up to 90 percent believes Nasser Zolfaghari, PhD and assistant professor at the Tehran University of Medical Sciences."

Iran: New Vaccine Could Cure Homosexuality and Pedophilia World News Daily Report
Jesus Christ.

This is what happens when we can't just let people be.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:02 AM

24 posts, read 10,612 times
It could absolutely be classified as a disease....

There are MUCH more absurd "ailments" that have been validated by the mob of peers.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:57 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watupd00d View Post
It could absolutely be classified as a disease....

There are MUCH more absurd "ailments" that have been validated by the mob of peers.
I know right. I was at the doctor the other day because my fibromyalgia was acting up and I could not eat enough to recuperate myself due to my gluten allergy. I had to wait to be seen because this kid at the doctor's office came in and started complaining about his "Type 1 diabetes" and blah blah blah. They saw him before me? Can you believe it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies