Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 05:45 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Won't bring back the dead.
Who gives a shart.

Mad dogs should always be put down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 06:05 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Michigan hasn't had the death penalty for over 150 years, at best he'll live out is remaining decades with the tax payers footing the bill.
Bring back the guillotine. Cheap and quick.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:55 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,177,058 times
I will be interested in his antidepressant/SSRI scrips.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:58 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I did a quick google on him. Married man with kids, no criminal past.

I don't think the cry about fingerprinting would have made a difference here.

Sounds to me like he just cracked and went postal.
At least he had easy access to guns and his 2nd amendment right was not trampled upon.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:09 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Uber Driver Shoots 8, Kills 6 and gets none of the usual coverage here like every shooting that takes place in a urban area. Is it not being covered on favorite news sites? Or is their some other lurking factor.

Kalamazoo Uber driver got fares between killings, source says - CNN.com

Six people have been killed in a series of apparently random shootings in the Michigan city of Kalamazoo, police said. Four people were killed at a restaurant and two at a car dealership.
The attacks are being linked to an earlier shooting at a car park, which left one woman seriously injured.
The woman was shot multiple times - reportedly in front of her children - and was taken to hospital in a serious condition.

A manhunt was launched, which ended with a 45-year-old local man, being taken into custody. Some news reports say he picked up passengers between shootings.
Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, didn't your mother ever tell you to not step into the car of someone you don't know?

I used to hitch-hike in the '70s and early '80s. Me and all of my friends who did the same (we were poor white trash) carried guns. I never had to pull one or even felt threatened (most of the time I was picked up by businessmen who did work in the back seat or slept while I drove), but some of my friends did.

Never step into the car of a stranger.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:30 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
At least he had easy access to guns and his 2nd amendment right was not trampled upon.
You know that for a fact?

what point are you trying to make?

Old 02-21-2016, 07:34 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Not to be too conspiracy oriented, as it's probably very unlikely...but it's interesting that an uber driver did this considering all the attacks the company has been getting from the Taxi industry and certain politicians.

At the very least you know they'll jump on this opportunity to try and shut down unlicensed taxi services, since they've been trying to find ways of doing that for a long time now.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
You know that for a fact?

what point are you trying to make?
Well, he shot all those people with a gun so he obviously had access to a gun. Guns are prevalent in this country and according to many of the gun owners on here, there should be no restrictions. Heck, I say we give a gun to every new American after they are sworn in. It's the American way, right?

Old 02-21-2016, 08:07 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Well, he shot all those people with a gun so he obviously had access to a gun. Guns are prevalent in this country and according to many of the gun owners on here, there should be no restrictions. Heck, I say we give a gun to every new American after they are sworn in. It's the American way, right?
shrug. "Heres your gun, please use it to defend yourself, and the country"

Im OK with that. People we admit to the country, we should feel safe enough to do this, if we don't.....then why are we admitting them?

Old 02-21-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
shrug. "Heres your gun, please use it to defend yourself, and the country"

Im OK with that. People we admit to the country, we should feel safe enough to do this, if we don't.....then why are we admitting them?
Cool. I really don't believe what I wrote. I'm betting you don't mind but I guarantee many of the other gun owners will not want Muslims and others from non-white countries to have guns once they become citizens. But, who cares!!!

Anyway, sorry for all the victims in this latest mass shooting. We'll never learn or change. It's really too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies