Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 07:03 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As I hold both parties in utter contempt, I don't know if I have a dog in this fight -- but as I've said before, if Obama sends them a Conservative nomination the Senate will approve it.

Should be interesting to see whether or not he goes through with it. Where does the guy stand on SCOTUS specific issues?

Edit: "Sandoval, a former federal district judge and attorney general, is pro-choice and has said he believes gay marriage is a settled issue, but is conservative on issues such as gun rights and labor unions."

Pro-choice and pro-gay might lead to the Senate saying no. We'll see how it goes but it wouldn't be too surprising. It will be interesting to see how it goes.
Sandoval's experience is very limited. Compared to other SCOTUS nominees, he is extremely underqualified. This shows Obama is just playing a game by throwing Sandoval's name out there. He is setting a trap.

Besides, if Harry Reid suggest him, you know he's a liberal. Doesn't matter his Party affiliation. He's unacceptable. McConnell should stand firm, and not take the bait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 07:04 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Report: Obama Considering Nominating GOP Governor Brian Sandoval for Supreme Court | Mediaite

Smart idea really. It will make it more difficult for the party to hold the line and not consider him.
Come on, no way Obama would nominate a Republican if he was sure he would get approved by the Senate! This is just Obama trying yet again to get Republican opposition to something so he can use it as inspiration for liberals to go vote this election. He would nominate this guy and watch the senate block him, then either nominate a more liberal next and whine that Republicans won't let him fulfill his constitutional right no matter who he nominates, yada yada yada.

Obama knows he won't get to nominate who he wants. His divide and conquer strategy is going to be a regret for years to come. He was this close to being able to change the Court for a generation!

Old 02-25-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Not to Republicans, so Obama has to go with someone with better odds of getting past the Senate.
Isn't Clarence Thomas black?

Old 02-25-2016, 07:09 AM

Bingo!

Old 02-25-2016, 07:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As I hold both parties in utter contempt, I don't know if I have a dog in this fight -- but as I've said before, if Obama sends them a Conservative nomination the Senate will approve it.
The GOP was STUPID to make the announcement not considering anyone, and they even repeated it. They should have said they will review the candidates, and if their plan was to not confirm anyone, then they could have done it through the process.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:21 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
It's called floating a balloon. I doubt Onumbnuts and the Scumbags advising him would take a chance on a Latino Republican no matter how "Pro Choice" he says he might be.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:22 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Sandoval's experience is very limited. Compared to other SCOTUS nominees, he is extremely underqualified. This shows Obama is just playing a game by throwing Sandoval's name out there. He is setting a trap.

Besides, if Harry Reid suggest him, you know he's a liberal. Doesn't matter his Party affiliation. He's unacceptable. McConnell should stand firm, and not take the bait.

Until Barry actually makes an official pick, the GOP should stand firm. No need to deal with hypotheticals. It is not an official bet until you put your chip on the table.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Pubs are in a tough place. With Trump surging the odds of them winning the White House are slim at best. Even if they did, would they really want Trump to nominate someone? A moderate Obama nominee might be preferable to either of those outcomes. They may change their tune after March 15 primaries conclude and the writing in on the wall.
LOL! Really? Trump would demolish Hillary in a one-on-one debate, and so would Cruz or Rubio.

Hillary is Obama all over again. I think the American public has had enough. Hillary is even having a tough time getting the support of women, and her Wall St. connections, shady fund raising schemes, and a host of other problems are not helping her. Besides, she may be under indictment by the time the election rolls around. Not looking to good for her.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
if the president say he is picking steak and mushrooms for the state dinner, they will say we want FISH-- if he say OK lobster they will say chicken-- they are stuck on obtuse and obstruction
Then how come Obama has gotten virtually everything he wants for the last seven years? Where's the obstruction?

Old 02-25-2016, 07:29 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
lmao, this is going to be entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies