Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 05:41 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,352,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
There isn't a single handgun that shoots two shots or less. I find your hypocrisy disturbing. From a psychological standpoint I hope you are disqualified.
I gun that only shoots once could have saved a life here.

You continue to be the king of ad hominen arguments.

I pasted the definition before, but I will do it again. There is a chance you did not read it before:

Quote:
An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attack on an argument made by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, rather than attacking the argument directly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 05:45 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,747,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This has nothing to do with a bar being lowered, the guy shot into their police cars(multiple) as they were arriving on the scene.

She was also a marine reservist
Donald Trump said he was in favor of capital punishment for cop killers. I think it's time. That might stop some of this. It sure would give the bad guys pause.

This story about the female police officer is tragic beyond words.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:54 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,426,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I gun that only shoots once could have saved a life here.

You continue to be the king of ad hominen arguments.

I pasted the definition before, but I will do it again. There is a chance you did not read it before:

In the other thread you stated that you would not allow guns that shoot more than two shots and nobody needs that kind of firepower and yet here you discuss your impending purchase of a pistol.

I don't think you understand what "ad hominen" means.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:58 PM

45,456 posts, read 60,666,498 times
Quote:
I am soon buying a handgun for protection but this is really upsetting. It seems every time someone goes postal there is a gun nearby.

Why are these people allow to have guns? When I buy my gun I will be more than happy to be vetted and will gladly take a psychological test.

No you're not.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:01 PM

45,456 posts, read 60,666,498 times
The shooter was an Army Sergeant stationed at the Pentagon.

Virginia officer killed on her first day on the job - CNN.com

Old 02-28-2016, 06:05 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
But we don't really know that at this time.

Um , yes we did, it is in the link and it wasnt updated. granted, the link only says they were shot on arrival, but the fact that all 3 officers were probably should have kick started your critical thinking.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:07 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
Donald Trump said he was in favor of capital punishment for cop killers. I think it's time. That might stop some of this. It sure would give the bad guys pause.

This story about the female police officer is tragic beyond words.
That isnt going to help, at least in this situation, the guy murdered his own wife.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:13 PM

30,279 posts, read 23,766,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Officer Ashley M. Guindon, Prince William County Police Department, Virginia

Her first shift, first patrol and also her last. This is heart-wrenching.

10-7, Officer Guindon. Your brothers and sisters have the watch. Rest in Peace, heroine.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...de1_story.html

Quote:
Army sergeant accused of killing Prince William police officer on her first patrol
Here's the perp:

Suspect in Virginia Cop Killing Identified as Pentagon Staff Sergeant Ronald Hamilton - NBC News

Here's audio:

AUDIO: Dale City, VA Domestic Shooting Leaving Multiple Officers Hit 2/27/16 - Minnesota Police Clips - MNPoliceClips

I also read elsewhere that she had gone through training, but left for personal reasons.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/98310992-story

And it was stated that her dad had come from Iraq and committed suicide...that may have been the reason for the "personal reasons" when she had made an attempt before. And then she came back and tried it again, getting sworn in on the 26th.

I do wonder why the timestamp on the Officer Down Memorial page shows comments from the 29th? Even EST right now it's not the 29th.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:16 PM

19,854 posts, read 12,122,348 times
Quote:
I am soon buying a handgun for protection but this is really upsetting. It seems every time someone goes postal there is a gun nearby.

Why are these people allow to have guns? When I buy my gun I will be more than happy to be vetted and will gladly take a psychological test.
Who are "these people"?

Old 02-28-2016, 06:17 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,185,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Um , yes we did, it is in the link and it wasnt updated. granted, the link only says they were shot on arrival, but the fact that all 3 officers were probably should have kick started your critical thinking.
I've been boycotting the Media for decades, so I don't necessarily click on links. Notwithstanding the fact that she probably wasn't qualified to wear a badge, it would seem their department is severely lacking in training fundamentals.

You roll up silent to a DD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies