Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 09:21 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,102,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Truer words were never spoken ! Let those 'safety' groups raise their own funding ! Why is it that these special interest groups always want everybody else to pay for their causes, if it is so important and so righteous they should have no problem getting backing.
You've missed the point of the OP, it's the anti-gun group opposing their distribution. What I suspect is they are aiming for this type of funding for their anti-gun propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 09:21 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,561,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sorry, the fed govt has no constitutional authority to spend our money on gun locks. Those passionate about their use should start a "go fund me" site.
But they have the constitutional authority to spend our money on all that other BS?

Old 03-02-2016, 09:23 AM

45,250 posts, read 26,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
But they have the constitutional authority to spend our money on all that other BS?
Well the thread isn't about "all that other BS"

Old 03-02-2016, 10:05 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,659,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What makes you say that? Do you even know how much having a gun cost? Do you think a poor person can afford to having one?

Why do you hate the poor?
Well, it seems I have a stalker!

Old 03-02-2016, 10:22 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,095,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Paranoia is a symptom of mental disease. Should paranoid people be allowed to play with guns? I think not.

Yeah, it's all paranoia until sh*t like the NY Safe Act becomes the law of the land. Look at NY, MD, CT, HI and CA as examples of "common sense gun laws" gone wild. And I just listed 10% of the states. Once the camel's nose gets under the tent, things get messy. Fortunately, those states requiring registration of modern sporting rifles or other such restricted items have amazingly low compliance.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:47 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,150,448 times
The anti-gun groups are the ones who got gun safety courses removed.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Gun Safety Groups Oppose Grant For NSSF

For all their bluster about finding common ground, it's a shame that these so-called "gun safety" advocates can't look passed their disagreements and come together with the National Shooting Sports Foundation for what should be a common goal, preventing children from accessing unsecure firearms.

I guess real, "common-sense" gun safety initiatives that might actually have an impact aren't worth it if it comes at the expense of political partisanship.

I always knew these groups were full of it.

From age about age 6, my daughter knew where the guns were and how to use one, and what damage a gun can do. Never had to worry about her and my guns..... Now her friends, that have never been around them, their curiosity would always get the best of them, looking at the gun cabinet and the rifles and handguns behind the glass window on display. I had to get a gun safe in the bedroom.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:20 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,428,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Money better spent on gun safety programs in schools.

If folks were serious about gun safety, every school would have a gun safety program. As guns are ubiquitous, it makes perfect sense to train the kids and follow the logic that rationalizes fire safety week, drug safety week, sex ed and driver's ed.

To satisfy emotional needs of anti gun activists, the safety of our children is sacrificed.
You mean like California schools in the late 60's?

Or Boy Scouts?

Or the shooting club in high school?

I agree 100%, but it should start in elementary school and they should teach kids what to do if they come across a gun at a friend's house or even their own.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:23 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,240,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Paranoia is a symptom of mental disease. Should paranoid people be allowed to play with guns? I think not.

Nothing paranoid in what that poster said.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:55 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,246,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Gun Safety Groups Oppose Grant For NSSF

For all their bluster about finding common ground, it's a shame that these so-called "gun safety" advocates can't look passed their disagreements and come together with the National Shooting Sports Foundation for what should be a common goal, preventing children from accessing unsecure firearms.

I guess real, "common-sense" gun safety initiatives that might actually have an impact aren't worth it if it comes at the expense of political partisanship.

I always knew these groups were full of it.
Gun locks come with the gun already.

Non issue.

And if it doesn't have one, contact he gun maker. They will send one to you free of charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies