Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 02:09 PM

16,289 posts, read 10,434,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Don't need to, do some research....then you will see, maybe....as I said, your grenade has been debunked many times, you don't like it, not my fault.
Again you have brought nothing to the discussion. Please let the rest of us who actually have something to contribute continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 02:18 PM

639 posts, read 580,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
While you are at it maybe you can explain to me how a gun is safely stored so Timmy won't shoot Billy yet still available to dad for home protection. Another example of gun nuts talking out of both sides of their mouth. If the gun is available in an instant when dad is suddenly approached by a bad guy in the middle of the night then it's also available to Timmy. If it is stored away safely the bad guy will not simply stop and allow you time to find your key, get to your gun safe or box, unlock the gun and trigger lock. If that gun in the opening post was available to an old couple who was tied up it was obviously available to any grand kid who happens to be visiting.
If you try real hard you might be able to figure out how, Or maybe not.

Old 03-12-2016, 02:19 PM

46,319 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Again you have brought nothing to the discussion. Please let the rest of us who actually have something to contribute continue.
ahhhhhhhhhhhh, you don't like my answer, surprised you have not called me a racist or bigot....

What have you brought? A question that has been answered and debunked hundreds and hundreds of times....

Congrats on providing a question that has numerous answers....because you don't like them, is not our fault....

I guess you really need tell us why you think you threw the grenade with the questions you asked?

Old 03-12-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Part of getting the facts straight would include Hillary's position on having gun manufactures liable in court cases for what someone might do with a gun !!! Which is the backdoor gun grab !!!
Now that's tossing a grenade. He'll have no explanation for that one, Good job. Edit; Sorry didn't read the response before. that begs the question then, Why does she support it if the ultimate goal isn't to get the guns? This is her only back door chance at the moment. Just like the Repub's in Texas with the end round on abortion. they take the dishonest route when they can't get there way.

Last edited by Northeaster; 03-12-2016 at 02:32 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 02:27 PM

46,319 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
While you are at it maybe you can explain to me how a gun is safely stored so Timmy won't shoot Billy yet still available to dad for home protection. Another example of gun nuts talking out of both sides of their mouth. If the gun is available in an instant when dad is suddenly approached by a bad guy in the middle of the night then it's also available to Timmy. If it is stored away safely the bad guy will not simply stop and allow you time to find your key, get to your gun safe or box, unlock the gun and trigger lock. If that gun in the opening post was available to an old couple who was tied up it was obviously available to any grand kid who happens to be visiting.
So, I'll play your game....

Quote:
While you are at it maybe you can explain to me how a gun is safely stored so Timmy won't shoot Billy yet still available to dad for home protection.
Here, some extremely little research could have done you a lot of good, yet you felt you lobed a grenade....

https://jet.com/product/detail/dec83...FdcagQodftYLyw

Quote:
Another example of gun nuts talking out of both sides of their mouth. If the gun is available in an instant when dad is suddenly approached by a bad guy in the middle of the night then it's also available to Timmy.
No it's not....do some research.
Quote:
If it is stored away safely the bad guy will not simply stop and allow you time to find your key, get to your gun safe or box, unlock the gun and trigger lock.
Don;t need keys, but if you would do some research, yo would know that....

Why won't yo do some research?

Quote:
If that gun in the opening post was available to an old couple who was tied up it was obviously available to any grand kid who happens to be visiting.
Yet it never happened and you have no way to prove they even have grandchildren....

Old 03-12-2016, 02:28 PM

Most of the usual's are on one of the 5,000 trump threads screaming about racism, It's lonely with out the same repetitive stupidity, isn't it?

Last edited by Northeaster; 03-12-2016 at 02:54 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 02:28 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,743,202 times
I love the 'assault rifle' argument.

We only want to ban those guns that look dangerous. Basically, I don't even argue with people that make these sorts of contentions. Nor do I listen to politicians that say such things. For anyone that knows ballistics, it's actually insulting to the person making the contentions intelligence.

But quite comical if it weren't so serious.

Old 03-12-2016, 02:36 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,242,245 times
Another POS DOA

Old 03-12-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, I'll play your game....

Here, some extremely little research could have done you a lot of good, yet you felt you lobed a grenade....

https://jet.com/product/detail/dec83...FdcagQodftYLyw

No it's not....do some research.

Don;t need keys, but if you would do some research, yo would know that....

Why won't yo do some research?

Yet it never happened and you have no way to prove they even have grandchildren....
Well thank you for at least participating instead of sitting on the sidelines throwing cheap shots. That's a pretty cool safe that would definitely fit both needs. Now if you can convince me that every single home with a gun actually had this unique safe, well then you'd have yourself a legit argument. But of course as we all know that isn't even close to the truth. I'm still not convinced that either guns are locked away safely in a gun box or a gun safe and therefore difficult if not impossible to get the instant dad discovers a bad guy in his daughter's bedroom with a gun to her head or they are under a bed etc where they can be found by the wrong hands in the vast number of cases.

I assume Guns and Ammo is a reliable source right? Here is their recommendations for how to store a gun. They gave a vague "Some boxes are fitted with quick-opening locking mechanisms" but of course those are the exceptions. Every other recommendation fits the description I have been using and are simply not instant access. So please stop proclaiming victory with a product that is not even close to being universally used.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/home-feat...tore-your-gun/

This is my position. If you would like to despute it then YOU do the research and show me where I am wrong. And one product that is not even close to being used in every home with a gun hardly wins this debate.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 03-12-2016 at 03:42 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I love the 'assault rifle' argument.

We only want to ban those guns that look dangerous. Basically, I don't even argue with people that make these sorts of contentions. Nor do I listen to politicians that say such things. For anyone that knows ballistics, it's actually insulting to the person making the contentions intelligence.

But quite comical if it weren't so serious.
I'm serious here. Convince me they are necessary. I get it, if they are banned only the bad guys will have them. I totally get that argument. But they would also be harder to get. And of course the mothers of the guys who shot up the theater in Aura Colorado or the school in Sandy Hook etc would not have had one either.

I am just struggling to understand the need for them. Is it "if they take this gun then who will stop them from taking others?" argument? I'd honestly like to understand why you feel they are so necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies