Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 06:20 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If she would learn to work with the other side instead of looking like a BRICK WALL at the President's last speech. I was thinking she looked sick, just wasn't sure if it was discontent or sick.
Let's be fair. Most Americans look sick when listening to one of Bush's speeches...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 06:21 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Here's to hoping Pelosi loses her reelection bid.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:46 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Interesting reactions, much the same as mine.

Polosi has a real problem on her hands, and I wonder how much of her problem is going to cause backfire on the Democrats. She has a somewhat legitimate issue that the Democratic majority in Congress was insufficient to generate much in the way of initiatives, but on the other hand they sure didn't seem to be executing their responsibilities concerning forcing changes in direction from the administration. Simply evaluating it from a leadership perspective (and not a perspective of what issues you politically support), she seems like a failure.

As a result, I suspect her criticisms will generally be viewed somewhat cynically.
As they should be. Pelosi and the Democrats took control of Congress have been rather inept in their oversight duties. A large number of Democrats were elected on platforms of ending the war in Iraq, and they can't even muster a unified front of opposition to various spending and benchmarks specifics in any bill.

I have heard the whole schpeel about Democrats not having a super majority and can't get anything done. I have found this more of a cop out and a roll over and play dead scenario than anything. It is in fact an excuse not to do anything. Once Pelosi stated that "impeachment was off the table", I knew right then she is little more than a sold out hack getting her bread buttered from everywhere but her constituents.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:26 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
As they should be. Pelosi and the Democrats took control of Congress have been rather inept in their oversight duties. A large number of Democrats were elected on platforms of ending the war in Iraq, and they can't even muster a unified front of opposition to various spending and benchmarks specifics in any bill.

I have heard the whole schpeel about Democrats not having a super majority and can't get anything done. I have found this more of a cop out and a roll over and play dead scenario than anything. It is in fact an excuse not to do anything. Once Pelosi stated that "impeachment was off the table", I knew right then she is little more than a sold out hack getting her bread buttered from everywhere but her constituents.

I couldn't agree more with your post.
I am also perturbed that Pelosi said impeachment was off the table because she had NO business saying that, it is NOT up to her.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:49 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,663,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If she would learn to work with the other side instead of looking like a BRICK WALL at the President's last speech. I was thinking she looked sick, just wasn't sure if it was discontent or sick.

She really needs to make more effort at accomplishing something, rather then focusing so much HATE toward the administration. She made it where she wanted to be, now she needs to show us what she can do.

I dont understand how they think all of us cannot see that. Instead of doing what people elected her to do, she is totally focused on doing all the things she wasnt elected to do.

Her hate for Bush has blindsided her to what her job really is. Any of us would do that in out jobs we would be gone.

She made promises that made me worry, but I dont worry any more because she seems to not be able to get any of her wrongful ideas done anyway.

I to thnk the fact that they get stalled by the moderate and rep party is flat

out a bogus excuse. When the rep were in controlled they got things done with about the same number of opposition from the dems.

She is actually helping her party lose the control they craved so badly.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:03 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Pelosi calls Iraq a 'failure'

Iraq can only be considered a failure if you bought into the "freedom on the march" hype and the WMD baloney.

In view of how things have actually unfolded, it's clear to anyone paying attention that Iraq has certainly achieved its objective: keeping the huge stocks of Iraqi oil in the ground and off the market. As a result, fuel prices have skyrocketed in the past couple of years, the Big Oil companies are raking in all-time record profits, and Bush's best friends, the Saudis, are getting richer by the minute.

Talk about "mission accomplished"!

Old 02-11-2008, 12:00 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Nancy Pelosi, the biggest failure in Congress, calling something else a failure.. That must mean success!!!

Thank you!!

Old 02-11-2008, 12:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
we make mistakes, we are not a mistake.
dont fold up, change direction no?
i love my country.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:48 PM

13,651 posts, read 20,780,689 times
News, Pelosi calls Iraq a 'failure'

News, Most of us would agree.

So do something about it Nancy!

Old 02-12-2008, 01:45 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Here's to hoping Pelosi loses her reelection bid.
Is Cindy Sheehan still talking about taking her on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies