Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 09:30 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Funny how the liberals only want to protect religions that say it's okay to kill and rape Christians.
I don't want to protect anyone who hurts others. However unless ALL Muslims or Christians or Hindu's or Buddhists commit the same exact crimes, it's not a religion problem. Since millions of Muslims don't commit crimes, this isn't a Muslim problem. Just like soliciting gay sex from prostitutes isn't a Christian problem.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:33 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Funny how the liberals only want to protect religions that say it's okay to kill and rape Christians.
Funny how the conservatives only want to protect the religion that says that everyone who doesn't believe as they do will burn in hell for eternity.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:45 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Funny how the conservatives only want to protect the religion that says that everyone who doesn't believe as they do will burn in hell for eternity.
That belief does not physically harm anyone. I do not care if someone thinks I eat **** for breakfast.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:26 AM

639 posts, read 579,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
How quickly we forget about the largest group of pedophiles that have been uncovered to date: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathol..._United_States

I saw nowhere that the Halifax men were admitted Muslims but even if they are, they are no more indicative of their religion as a whole than the above mentioned priests.
You're right about the Catholics as well, I don't want to bring a million of them in either. Whats your guess based on the names of the men, Are you going to have an honest conversation or the world of make believe?

Old 03-13-2016, 10:35 AM

639 posts, read 579,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I don't want to protect anyone who hurts others. However unless ALL Muslims or Christians or Hindu's or Buddhists commit the same exact crimes, it's not a religion problem. Since millions of Muslims don't commit crimes, this isn't a Muslim problem. Just like soliciting gay sex from prostitutes isn't a Christian problem.
Well that depends on whether or not the religion backs the problem, if a large % do then it is a problem with that religion. The Catholic problem was just that, the religion absolutely is partly responsible. Muslims have a higher % of this currently then other religions, remember, it's not just a religion, it's also a system of law in some Muslim countries where the victim can be stoned to death because she is now "dirty". I'd say the religion holds some responsibility.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:48 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
Well that depends on whether or not the religion backs the problem, if a large % do then it is a problem with that religion. The Catholic problem was just that, the religion absolutely is partly responsible. Muslims have a higher % of this currently then other religions, remember, it's not just a religion, it's also a system of law in some Muslim countries where the victim can be stoned to death because she is now "dirty". I'd say the religion holds some responsibility.
The post is referencing anon-Islamic nation, that's an entirely different issue than what is being discussed by the OP.

However I find religion is nothing more than an excuse that bad people use to do bad things. The problem will always be people, not religion.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:51 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,798 times
Seriously can someone point out where it said these guys are muslim, because I'm not seeing it?

Old 03-13-2016, 11:00 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
So why the need for the 1st sentence? ideologues just can't help themselves.
If this was actually about child molesters and not the fact that they were Muslims, then the OP would have just picked one of the many cases in the US that for the most part are white men, or strangely enough, white men and their wives.

He choose to specifically mention only those with arabic sounding names

Old 03-13-2016, 11:01 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
What is the point of this thread? We should stop letting Muslims and Catholics into the country, or that we need a wall on the Canadian border??

Old 03-13-2016, 11:06 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
That belief does not physically harm anyone. I do not care if someone thinks I eat **** for breakfast.
no "belief" physically harms anyone, it is the actions of those who believe it. And while it is true that Muslims follow their religious text more than Christians do, it doesnt change that their are many cross overs between the 2 and many who are Christian who still practice it, especially in Africa and Asia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies