Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 09:36 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Boy did she nail it when she said that if, as the antiTrump put it, "words have consequences", (meaning, because of words that he said, that means violence is okay), a guy beats his wife, he can use that defense as well....that her words have consequences, too...at least, that's the logic of the antiTrump people.

I'd LOVE to hear them argue their way out of that one. I'm sure they will try, and it will show just how idiotic they truly are.

Let's make this very clear to the antiTrump who condone this violence, (and you condone it when you excuse it):

You do not have the right to get violent just because someone says something that you don't like.

We have now seen that the violent people are NOT Trump supporters, they are Bernie supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 09:44 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
"The silent majority will not be silenced"??? That makes no bloody sense.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:12 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinzas View Post
The silent majority is just a name for a % of the US population.
My apologies. For while there, I assumed the words "silent majority" would be used to indicate a majority. Specifically, one that was silent. So - neither?

Old 03-13-2016, 10:26 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"The silent majority will not be silenced"??? That makes no bloody sense.
It's a metaphor for people who have become complacent, in this case I believe, at the voting booth(or voting card). "Silence" ends when a large % or a majority of people start waking up to something they were largely inactive about in various ways. In this case, I believe it's finally realizing the true nature of politics, how self-serving it is, and how inept those are that have been running our country into the ground for a long time now.

There's your "sense".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Boy did she nail it when she said that if, as the antiTrump put it, "words have consequences", (meaning, because of words that he said, that means violence is okay), a guy beats his wife, he can use that defense as well....that her words have consequences, too...at least, that's the logic of the antiTrump people.
I also wonder if perhaps more than a few of these "protestors" are acting up because they realize they might have to work a job to earn a living if certain people get elected? I can see that scaring a few people who think work is a four letter word and if things like "free" college don't come to pass.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:28 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
No, many are paid protesters. Nice job huh? The establishment will stay in power any way they can even if it means rioting in the streets.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:55 AM

952 posts, read 518,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
My apologies. For while there, I assumed the words "silent majority" would be used to indicate a majority. Specifically, one that was silent. So - neither?
I'm not quite getting that either. How can any population that Trump is involved with be considered 'silent', or a majority???

Honestly think she lost this game of marbles, but I guess if she is 'hot' she must be right???

Old 03-14-2016, 02:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Lol...she thinks it's 1968 again, and Trump is Nixon.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:39 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
I'm not quite getting that either. How can any population that Trump is involved with be considered 'silent', or a majority???

Honestly think she lost this game of marbles, but I guess if she is 'hot' she must be right???

We don't like supporting illegal aliens with our tax dollars. We want them deported and prevented from re-entering the U.S., to be allowed to return only when they are ready to do so through the legal channels. We are silent, lest we be called xenophobes and racists.

We don't like the influx of Syrian refugees, who we also have to support with our tax dollars, or the influx of unvetted Muslims with no guarantee they won't attack us from within. We are silent, lest we be called xenophobes, racists, and Islamaphobes.

We don't like the PC hypocritical double standard nonsense denying us the right to say anything the liberals disagree with, or listen to anyone who says anything they don't agree with. We don't want them using our right to free speech as an excuse to promote violence at our political rallies or use the IRS as a weapon of revenge.

We seeth in silence, but will be heard loudly when we go to the polls. I wouldn't call us a majority, but there are many more of us than you think.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 03-14-2016 at 02:48 AM..

Old 03-14-2016, 02:58 AM

952 posts, read 518,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
We don't like supporting illegal aliens with our tax dollars. We want them deported and prevented from re-entering the U.S., to be allowed to return only when they are ready to do so through the legal channels. We are silent, lest we be called xenophobes and racists.

We don't like the influx of Syrian refugees, who we also have to support with our tax dollars, or the influx of unvetted Muslims with no guarantee they won't attack us from within. We are silent, lest we be called xenophobes, racists, and Islamaphobes.

We don't like the PC hypocritical double standard nonsense denying us the right to say anything the liberals disagree with, or listen to anyone who says anything they don't agree with. We don't want them using our right to free speech as an excuse to promote violence at our political rallies or use the IRS as a weapon of revenge.

We seeth in silence, but will be heard loudly when we go to the polls. I wouldn't call us a majority, but there are many more of us than you think.
So it all boils down to immigration, not income inequality, not education, not the fact that banksters and the elite blew up our economy and no one was punished, not the never ending war in the middle east and the thousands of our own who have served and died or been wounded to be faced with the bureaucratic nightmare that we call the VA?

Old 03-14-2016, 05:32 AM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I agree it wasn't a good idea to say he would pay legal fees. However, he said he would pay the legal fees of someone that was stopping anyone that was throwing tomatoes. Throwing something isn't protesting, it is assault.

Nothing Trump has said even remotely justifies the constant disruptions at the rallies, and violence we are seeing from the anti-Trump protesters.
Everyone can expect some protests but this is getting very violent, I wouldn't dismiss Trumps actions as his rhetoric has been quite different than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies