Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2018, 05:45 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,753,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The approval numbers are horrid. Especially for a president with a good economy. Start looking at facts.
Facts? Those same pollsters said he would never be elected president because of approval numbers.

2016 President Forecast | Huffington Post | Nov 2016

And despite this, you still go on as if they have something valid to say about Trump.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-31-2018 at 06:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 05:46 PM

17,402 posts, read 11,386,124 times
Quote:
Read my comments more. I approve of some things Trump does. That doesnt make me love him or hate him. I just call it as I see it. In fact my comment here makes the point that I expect a recession during his presidency....and that I would expect that no matter who was there. How good or bad that is dealt with may be influenced by him, and I will make judgement calls then and there.

I know this isn't how you think, that you think someone just hates the guy because he wasn't the person they voted for, but I suggest that maybe you should stop thinking of this as some game, and start looking at individual actions.

The approval numbers are horrid. Especially for a president with a good economy. Start looking at facts.
Fair enough but then show me to make your point one or two or three of your posts regarding any subject matter where you stated you approve of something Trump has done. Then I'll take it all back. I honestly can't find any but in all fairness I didn't look back very far.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:55 PM

38,936 posts, read 24,001,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Just because someone doesn't like a person's personality, it doesn't mean he's a bad President. People are coming around and realizing this now.
Talk to me again when the Mueller report is released finally. The guy is clearly trying to block the investigation and it is getting clearer by the day.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:02 PM

17,402 posts, read 11,386,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Talk to me again when the Mueller report is released finally. The guy is clearly trying to block the investigation and it is getting clearer by the day.
A lot of things have been clear for a long time including how some democrats will try, do and say anything to get rid of Trump starting with Russia, to having affairs, recounts on the election, to trying to bring up impeachment hearings. It looks really bad to be so desperate.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:06 PM

26,091 posts, read 22,287,280 times
Quote:
LOL. The fact that his approval rating is only 44% when our economy is doing good says a lot. Once it does go into another recession how will folks feel about him?

And I ask this as recessions are a normal activity in a capitalistic society. It doesn't matter who is in charge. A persons temperament is vital to them being president. Acting like a child makes for a bad president.

Upon entering office Obama had a 69% approval rating, and a 59% when he left office. Here you are literally bragging about how great Trumps.....44% rating.

Trumps average approval rating? 38.5% Thats the worst average of any president in my lifetime.
Polls again!

Presidential approval ratings for Obama: Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama | Gallup Historical Data & Trends OK, long day, but let me think, Trump is where Obama was in January 2010, time wise, and Obama 25 - 31 2010 had an approval rating of 50% not so terribly different than 44% is it.

Obama started out with 67%, which of course meant nothing since he hadn't done squat yet good or bad. He ended with 59%, but Trump may very well be at that point at the end of his 8 year term also.

President Trump's approval ratings, and I have just used Gallup on both of these because they have charts/graphs: Gallup Daily: Trump Job Approval

President Trump is just getting warmed up, so hold on to your blankies!

Old 01-31-2018, 06:13 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,443,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Polls again!

Presidential approval ratings for Obama: Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama | Gallup Historical Data & Trends OK, long day, but let me think, Trump is where Obama was in January 2010, time wise, and Obama 25 - 31 2010 had an approval rating of 50% not so terribly different than 44% is it.

Obama started out with 67%, which of course meant nothing since he hadn't done squat yet good or bad. He ended with 59%, but Trump may very well be at that point at the end of his 8 year term also.

President Trump's approval ratings, and I have just used Gallup on both of these because they have charts/graphs: Gallup Daily: Trump Job Approval

President Trump is just getting warmed up, so hold on to your blankies!
Rather then cherry pick...just use the average then.

Trump has the lowest average of any recent president-Even Nixon did better.

For those dissing polls-stop your nonsense. The polls gave trump a 1 in 3 chance of winning. He won, those are the odds.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:14 PM

3,608 posts, read 1,806,545 times
It's a lot higher. No one is going to admit that they support Trump to some leftist pollster when the stakes of openly admitting that they support him are career ending, possible physical harm.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:15 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,443,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
It's a lot higher. No one is going to admit that they support Trump to some leftist pollster when the stakes of openly admitting that they support him are career ending, possible physical harm.
So he is so unpopular that admitting support for him could be bad....and thats why he is popular?

Think this through.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:16 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,511,568 times
Polls are just the media's way of assessing the effectiveness of their own propaganda.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:17 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,410,363 times
Quote:
LOL. The fact that his approval rating is only 44% when our economy is doing good says a lot. Once it does go into another recession how will folks feel about him?

And I ask this as recessions are a normal activity in a capitalistic society. It doesn't matter who is in charge. A persons temperament is vital to them being president. Acting like a child makes for a bad president.

Upon entering office Obama had a 69% approval rating, and a 59% when he left office. Here you are literally bragging about how great Trumps.....44% rating.

Trumps average approval rating? 38.5% Thats the worst average of any president in my lifetime.
According to the RCP average of polls, Obama started out at 64% and ended at 57%, but from 2013-2016 languished around 40-44%. If you click the link and scroll down a little, there is an excellent interactive graph that covers both terms.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-1044.html

Obama had a solid base from Democrats that Trump does not have. Even many Republicans are still leery of Trump (I was a never-Trumper myself, and did not vote for him.) Given all that, yes, 44% is impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies