Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2018, 08:18 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,163,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope.

But the Trump Deranged find something wrong no matter what. It's a miserable way to live.
Quote:

Trump rolls back worker safety rules

'We want to protect our workers,' Trump said in 2017. But his administration has weakened measures designed to keep them safe.
You support this ****?

And Trump detractors are the deranged ones?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 08:48 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,515,253 times
538 poll averages show Obama doing badly at this point in his presidency and Trump doing even worse. Of course, Obama won reelection and I believe Trump as a good shot at being reelected too. I think the difference between 2010 and 2018 is that Democrats were extremely concerned about having their butts kicked in the mid-terms and there was every reason to believe that Obama was toast. My impression is that the Trump and other Republicans believe that there is no reason for concern because the President can double down on what he has done so far. In other words, the solution is for him to write even more angry tweets and pick even more fights.

I'm not saying that is a bad strategy. Why would I? It has worked great up to now! I will say that there is an election coming up soon and we will see what happens.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:54 PM

Default Maybe Trump’s incredible poll drop is real

Quote:
September 3 at 10:15 AM

Just 36% say they approve of the job President Trump is doing, a 5-point drop from last month, according to the latest IBD/TIPP poll. Fifty six percent disapprove of Trump’s job performance, up from 53% the month before. …

Trump lost significant ground on job approval with Republicans this month, which fell from 83% last month to 76% this month. Among independents, Trump’s approval dropped 4 points to 33%. Democratic approval has never been above the low single digits.

He also saw a big drop in support from men (it went from 49% last month to 40% today).

Trump’s numbers “among rural dwellers plunged 15 points — going from 60% to 45%.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.171844df5d3c
I am surprised that his decline is taking this long. But not everyone is quick to admit they backed a grifter.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-03-2018 at 09:41 PM..

Old 09-03-2018, 09:36 PM

435 posts, read 176,725 times
I too am surprised that it took so long, but fatigue of the idiocy had to set in at some point.

I am just happy to see that his attacks against Mueller which were working, are now having the opposite effect. He can't and won't stop so it will only make the public approval of the Mueller investigation go higher. People that weren't against him but gave him the benefit of the doubt, just want him to shut up and act like an adult now. He can't do it.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,955,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwduvall View Post
538 poll averages show Obama doing badly at this point in his presidency and Trump doing even worse. Of course, Obama won reelection and I believe Trump as a good shot at being reelected too. I think the difference between 2010 and 2018 is that Democrats were extremely concerned about having their butts kicked in the mid-terms and there was every reason to believe that Obama was toast. My impression is that the Trump and other Republicans believe that there is no reason for concern because the President can double down on what he has done so far. In other words, the solution is for him to write even more angry tweets and pick even more fights.

I'm not saying that is a bad strategy. Why would I? It has worked great up to now! I will say that there is an election coming up soon and we will see what happens.
The difference between Obama and Trump is Obama besides Obamacare didn't have the crises that Trump has now. Now yes, the whole impeach Trump issue is more or less partisan, but there are a LOT of questions of Trump. Tariffs aren't working for Trump. After several Obamacare repeals went nowhere, you wonder if this is something Republicans are straying away from. The border issue while many want immigrants removed, I think separating the families was the true turning point. Most people that were on the fence with Trump but voted for him and a number of supporters turned because of this. Obama didn't have anything close to this that was solely on Obama.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:39 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,135,423 times
Polls.......

Pffffffft

Your polls are ****

Old 09-03-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I am not surprised. It will go lower but the cult will stay until the end.

The link didn't work for me.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.171844df5d3c
Fixed it...thanks.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:55 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,129,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I am surprised that his decline is taking this long. But not everyone is quick to admit they backed a grifter.
I really hope this is the start of a permanent decline... Sadly, I think there are several reasons why so many Trump supporters won't admit they are wrong in voting for Trump. You can't admit when you're in denial, ignorant and/or apathetic about what's going on.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:04 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,406,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
I too am surprised that it took so long, but fatigue of the idiocy had to set in at some point.

I am just happy to see that his attacks against Mueller which were working, are now having the opposite effect. He can't and won't stop so it will only make the public approval of the Mueller investigation go higher. People that weren't against him but gave him the benefit of the doubt, just want him to shut up and act like an adult now. He can't do it.
This is the ONLY thing that gives me hope. He is such an immature idiot that he can't even get out of his own way. With the economy humming along he could just shut his trap and perhaps minimize GOP losses in November.

As things are trending now, it doesn't bode well for the GOP which is a GREAT thing for the country. A big thumping in November would send a powerful message to Trump's sycophants in Congress.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:19 PM

25,625 posts, read 17,368,272 times
The WaPo cherry picked.
IBD/TIPP is one of the few polls who use "adults". Rasmussen uses likely voters and strongly disputes the 36% nonsense. They measure 47/51.

But NeverTrumpers gotta hang on to something.

MAGA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies