Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 11:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I read the embedded link. It does not define " potential terrorism ties". It does make clear they were not government employees.

TSA was created by an Act of Congress in 2001 and responsibility shifted to Department Homeland Security in 2003.

No clue why prior audits of internal controls did not identify the failure to share data. That in itself is worthy of an investigation.

Fortunately, none of former or current private sector employees with " potential terrorism ties" have engaged in any terrorism plots involving airports/ planes over the past 13 years.
do you think the government has a terrorist list with people who's sole suspicion is their name ?
Even I don't think the government is that stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 12:02 PM

1,431 posts, read 913,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What about "private company" do you not understand? Let me guess, you didn't read it? You just assume because other cons on here claim it's government body that it just HAS to be? "I read it on the intermanet, it must be true". It's literally right there, in the very first sentence of the article. My god.
I work directly for a private company...that's under contract by the Department of Defense. You were saying? You think these private companies aren't managed by the government? Smh.

Old 03-15-2016, 12:23 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
I work directly for a private company...that's under contract by the Department of Defense. You were saying? You think these private companies aren't managed by the government? Smh.
Ah, so Starbucks is a government run business, is that what you're saying? smh

Old 03-15-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Ah, so Starbucks is a government run business, is that what you're saying? smh
Last time I checked, Starbucks wasn't responsible for national security. You're saying you read the link, but you apparently missed this part of the article:

Quote:
“There is no evidence to support the suggestion by some that 73 DHS employees are on the U.S. Government’s consolidated terrorist watch list. In fact, DHS utilizes information on the terrorist watch list to screen and vet, including those individuals with access to secure areas of an airport. DHS holds our employees to the highest possible standards and fully vets throughout term of employment.”
Now if those private companies are completely separate from the government, then why are they being identified as DHS (Department of Homeland Security) employees? Isn't DHS a department of the federal government? Smh.

Old 03-15-2016, 12:53 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Last time I checked, Starbucks wasn't responsible for national security. You're saying you read the link, but you apparently missed this part of the article:

Now if those private companies are completely separate from the government, then why are they being identified as DHS (Department of Homeland Security) employees? Isn't DHS a department of the federal government? Smh.
And you obviously missed this part of the article: He says the employees could be supervisors at airport stores or airline employees with bag access. Airport stores.....you know, private companies.....maybe even a Starbucks?

Old 03-15-2016, 12:57 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:

The link says the 73 "potential terrorists" work for private companies not for DHS. One/some of them could Starbucks employees at an airport location.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
And you obviously missed this part of the article: He says the employees could be supervisors at airport stores or airline employees with bag access. Airport stores.....you know, private companies.....maybe even a Starbucks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The link says the 73 "potential terrorists" work for private companies not for DHS. One/some of them could Starbucks employees at an airport location.
The FAA is in charge of all civil aviation. Since 9/11, they created DHS to handle the security responsibilities.

I used to work at an airport. I worked for a private company, but my airport access badge had a big TSA logo on the top of the badge, even though I didn't directly work for TSA. We didn't even work with passengers, but were still at the mercy of random TSA/FAA inspections. Of note, TSA also happens to be a branch of DHS.

The barista that makes your coffee down the street from your house didn't undergo the same background check as the barista at your local airport, and isn't managed by the TSA either. If that barista in your neighborhood Starbucks wants to transfer to the airport, then he'll be vetted and managed by the TSA just like everyone else there. Doesn't matter who he technically works for.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
I wouldn't get all worried about this. Even the head of DHS isn't worried.
"No system is perfect" is what Jeh Johnson said.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:46 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,487,863 times
When are people going to wake up and realize El Al Airlines should have been consulted a long time ago before the TSA was ever created.

But that would require a departure from political correctness.

Profiling for behavior works very well.

I will never forget flying back into US from Mexico weekend getaway several days after 911. The Mexicans did what US authorities said and because Mexico isn't politically correct the singled me out because I was the biggest guy getting on the flight and patted me full down and asked me very direct questions about why I was there who I was visiting checking for inconsistencies and when I complied they were very apologetic and I said I get it.........there is a national emergency and our country was attacked.

Last edited by Teckeeee; 03-15-2016 at 07:05 PM..

Old 03-15-2016, 07:20 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We couldn't even vet Mrs. Farook properly and we did that 3 times with 3 different agencies.
It was the MSM that found her phony home address in Pakistan and her connection to the Red Mosque.

And the MSM doesn't have access to all those secret terrorist databases the government has.
But that's not the government's fault! In the documents she filled out, she said no, she wasn't tied to any terrorist groups and wasn't a sympathizer!!

Who would have ever thought a terrorist would lie like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies