Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 08:50 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,126 times

Advertisements

Many liberals support bringing muslim refugees to the states, yet muslims fundamentally hate what liberals stand for. I'm not being facetious here; can someone help me understand, or point out where I err?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 08:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Many liberals support bringing muslim refugees to the states, yet muslims fundamentally hate what liberals stand for. I'm not being facetious here; can someone help me understand, or point out where I err?
So you're admitting that radical Islam loves what conservatives stand for?

Yeah...we knew that.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Yeah...we knew that.
No, you've understood the question wrong, then you got defensive and twisted it. There are more liberals that want to bring in immigrants than conservatives. Why? I'm asking an honest question here.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:57 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
See Trump's reading of the snake by Al Wilson for how the story ends. They think they can change them after they have been raised all there life to hate what America stands for or used to stand for. Now it will pretty much lay down and get pumped like a two dollar hooker.

Last edited by phma; 03-20-2016 at 09:10 PM..

Old 03-20-2016, 08:59 PM

Dang it. No one is taking me seriously here.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:01 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,524,460 times
Quote:
The refugee situation is complicated, and your question is a good one. Not all people with liberal values "want to bring muslim refugees to the states". Some do. Some want to bring some, some want all who wish to come, some want none. As someone who has progressive leanings, I am also often confused when many on the left so vehemently support anything Islam (and even deny that there is a problem with the radical views of a subset of their population), yet at the same time they support feminism. I am one of those progressives who loathes the "Regressive Left", and many of their absurd stances. On the issue of refugees, though, I think many liberals are looking past the issue of the refugees being muslim, and just looking at the fact that they are human beings. I am a humanist, and though I disagree with Islam to the nth degree, I also support equal rights and don't use one's religion as a sole factor refusing their status as a refugee. I don't want hoards of refugees entering the country (no matter their religion), but I think a reasonable and internationally cooperative initiative to place innocent refugees in places throughout the world with proper vetting is reasonable (including the US). What I (and many others) support most, however is foreign policy that doesn't include going to war with the wrong country, destabilizing regions, and using corporate welfare to support sanctioned dictators (like the Saudis) due to oil interest, but I digress....

Hope that answers some of your question, at least from my point of view.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:02 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
No, you've understood the question wrong, then you got defensive and twisted it. There are more liberals that want to bring in immigrants than conservatives. Why? I'm asking an honest question here.
Why don't conservatives accept the refugees is a better question. You got it backwards ask the naysayers why?

Old 03-20-2016, 09:03 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
Quote:
Dang it. No one is taking me seriously here.
I take you seriously. You won't get a good answer. Analyze it yourself then you have your answer

Old 03-20-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
The refugee situation is complicated, and your question is a good one. Not all people with liberal values "want to bring muslim refugees to the states". Some do. Some want to bring some, some want all who wish to come, some want none. As someone who has progressive leanings, I am also often confused when many on the left so vehemently support anything Islam (and even deny that there is a problem with the radical views of a subset of their population), yet at the same time they support feminism. I am one of those progressives who loathes the "Regressive Left", and many of their absurd stances. On the issue of refugees, though, I think many liberals are looking past the issue of the refugees being muslim, and just looking at the fact that they are human beings. I am a humanist, and though I disagree with Islam to the nth degree, I also support equal rights and don't use one's religion as a sole factor refusing their status as a refugee. I don't want hoards of refugees entering the country (no matter their religion), but I think a reasonable and internationally cooperative initiative to place innocent refugees in places throughout the world with proper vetting is reasonable (including the US). What I (and many others) support most, however is foreign policy that doesn't include going to war with the wrong country, destabilizing regions, and using corporate welfare to support sanctioned dictators (like the Saudis) due to oil interest, but I digress....

Hope that answers some of your question, at least from my point of view.
That was great, actually. Thanks!

Old 03-20-2016, 09:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Yeah...we knew that.
nice try, but you have failed to remember that conservatives are trying to block bringing refugee muslims here.

as for the liberals wanting to bring them here, most that do think that somehow if they show some kind of compassion to these people that somehow the radicals will stop hating america, and we can all have a cumbya moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies