Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 08:40 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Refugees are screened thoroughly, and have no choice where they're resettled in the U.S. Many xenophobes don't understand this.
Screened thoroughly? LOL.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 08:51 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
President Obama is calling for more openness to refugees in the aftermath of the Brussels terror attacks, urging Americans to continue leading by “example” when it comes to immigration policy.

“As we move forward in this fight, we have to wield another weapon alongside our airstrikes, our military, and our counterterrorism work, and our diplomacy. And that’s the power of our example,” the president said in his weekly address on Saturday.
He decided to try a different tactic after insulting us on the world stage. Accusing us of being scared of women and orphans didn't work so let's try the "lead by example" tactic and see if THAT works any better. Jello to the wall you idiot. Jello to the wall..

Old 03-28-2016, 08:54 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Well..THAT didn't take long for Obama ( Mooslim) bashing and sheer ignorance towards Refugee's...Geesh..What bunch of scardy cats!! We have already greeted over 25,000 Syrian Refugees between October and February ..and we have 1/10 of your population..

Unfortunately, what's at play here is "Fear ITSELF" as it's obvious that it's taken over common sense. Vetting of over 18 months happens BEFORE acceptance. So your beef should be with Company/Business who bring those Work Visa ones over..NOT refugee's fleeing war zones.

How would American feel IF Canada bars ALL American trying to enter, transfer, emigrate into our Country..and due to such HATE being spewed by Candidates that on the face is unconstitutional ( and Teddy , the Constitutional Lawyer doubles down on) ..So Canada assumes ALL are possible Infiltrators who could tarnish, bring their guns ( concealed) and demand rights blah blah... LOL

Believe it or not..I'm just one person who see's rhetoric..Islamaphobia verbiage constant..post by post..and thread by thread..It has not gone unnoticed by the rest of the world either > Leaders, Ambassadors from multiple Countries are questioning counterpart American representatives..WTH is going on in your COUNTRY???????????

Talk about trust of American Leadership being eroded daily..and yet American thinks they can RULE the world on all fronts..trade/foreign affairs/support of allies?? yikes...The Blooms are falling off that "Rose" daily!!
I hope your capital is not attacked again by terrorists, I really do. But when it does happen my sympathy level for Canada will be low.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:00 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,949 times
Quote:
Refugees are screened thoroughly, and have no choice where they're resettled in the U.S. Many xenophobes don't understand this.
I think you should volunteer your neighborhood.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:06 AM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Screened thoroughly, who are you kidding?
They are screened by several agencies and the process takes over 2 years and they do not get to pick a country, how many refugee attacks have we had?

Old 03-28-2016, 09:06 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I hope your capital is not attacked again by terrorists, I really do. But when it does happen my sympathy level for Canada will be low.
What will be attacked, the local curling tournament?
I'm sure the Mounties can handle any problems as well as the FBI/CIA/NSA/HOMELAND.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:09 AM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Obama and the Obots are a disgrace and on a suicide mission to destroy America.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:10 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They are screened by several agencies and the process takes over 2 years and they do not get to pick a country, how many refugee attacks have we had?
And who will screen their 9 children when they reach late teen and early twenties years, and decide to wage violent jihad on America?

Old 03-28-2016, 09:12 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:

How do you go about doing a background check on someone from a third world sand pit?

It's not like they have social security numbers.....

And BTW, I've yet to hear any bleeding heart lefty explain exactly WHY it's necessary to bring them here in order to help them.
And why it seems to be solely our moral duty to do so.

We are perfectly capable of providing aid to them in their own countries and other Islamic countries are perfectly capable of taking them in as well.

The left wails endlessly about how we shouldn't be the worlds police but is perfectly fine with us being the worlds biggest orphanage.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:22 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
And who will screen their 9 children when they reach late teen and early twenties years, and decide to wage violent jihad on America?
Exactly. The San Bernadino was born here with a good job. Enough is enough. I think Obama likes to poke people in the eyes and then lecturing us about xenophobia. Thanks to him and Hilary, the Muslims are now been scrutinized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies