Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 07:39 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,969,694 times

Advertisements

"Termendous Gonads" ???

Huh???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 07:50 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,206,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
China to US: 'Be careful' in South China Sea

China is telling the U.S. Navy to "be careful".

China is clearly capitalizing on America's weak and ineffectual leadership. They saw how easy it was for Russia to take land that was not theirs. Obama has no bark, no bite, and no backbone. He will probably just apologize to the Chinese government when all is said and done.
I got no problem sending thousands of Millennials to die in the South China Sea. At least they'll have jobs with benefits when they die.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,308,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I got no problem sending thousands of Millennials to die in the South China Sea. At least they'll have jobs with benefits when they die.
That's been Bush's and Obama's jobs policies.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:41 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
"Termendous Gonads" ???

Huh???
Op's talking about the Chinese and their big balls. He's right. I looked it up they do have big balls. I'm not sure what that has to do with international diplomacy, though. Sounds more like something Trump would say........As in, "I have Tremendous....."
Attached Thumbnails
China displaying termendous gonads...-chinese-cart.jpg  

Old 03-31-2016, 08:42 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,136,796 times
Quote:
How many Americans are going to die in a South China Sea war? I can't imagine the voters being happy about a war with China which would most likely end in a cease-fire rather than a WWII style unconditional surrender (which will never happen).

Old 03-31-2016, 08:47 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,959 times
Quote:
Uh, we already did that with a different generation of Americans. That time it cost us 58,209 service members KIA and 153,303 seriously wounded. Not a very good example of our military excellence. South Vietnam is a water hole compared to China.

Last edited by mohawkx; 03-31-2016 at 09:50 PM..

Old 03-31-2016, 09:02 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,768,494 times
But but but the president is soooo weak and ineffectual. Only Trump has the stuff to stand up to the Red Army. Why are so many old people so willing to send young people to their deaths fighting wars we can't win? Only a fool would go kick a hornets nest wearing a t shirt and shorts. The world has changed. We can't invade China and China can't invade us. Well. Both sides can but not without losing millions of lives. We can't nuke china because they would nuke us. We can't bomb China because they would bomb us. Millions would die. Tens of millions would die in a war between superpowers. M.A.D. we have to stop dumbing down foriegn policy or more American soldiers will die for nothing.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:42 PM

6,104 posts, read 6,000,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
China to US: 'Be careful' in South China Sea

China is telling the U.S. Navy to "be careful".

China is clearly capitalizing on America's weak and ineffectual leadership. They saw how easy it was for Russia to take land that was not theirs. Obama has no bark, no bite, and no backbone. He will probably just apologize to the Chinese government when all is said and done.

The Chinese have the same view of American ships and planes in the South or East China Seas as we had of Soviet, missiles (offensive ones) and Soviet planes operating out of Cuba in 1962. Do we really need a 21st Century remake of "13 Days in October" this time with the USA playing the role of the USSR and Xi Jinping Mr. Kennedy? What if the Chinese quarantined shipping to prevent American weapons from being sent to Taiwan , the Philippines or Vietnam . Is it worth finding out how effective China's carrier killing missile really is? The sinking of a single Nimitz or Ford-class carrier might kill more American service and seamen than died at Pearl Harbor.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:49 PM

1,229 posts, read 861,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
But but but the president is soooo weak and ineffectual. Only Trump has the stuff to stand up to the Red Army. Why are so many old people so willing to send young people to their deaths fighting wars we can't win? Only a fool would go kick a hornets nest wearing a t shirt and shorts. The world has changed. We can't invade China and China can't invade us. Well. Both sides can but not without losing millions of lives. We can't nuke china because they would nuke us. We can't bomb China because they would bomb us. Millions would die. Tens of millions would die in a war between superpowers. M.A.D. we have to stop dumbing down foriegn policy or more American soldiers will die for nothing.
It's my hope that both transparency and each individual's intuitive prowess reaches/developes to such a level that no type of oligaracical structure has the ability to coerce/ manipulate the masses into taking any type of posture other than that of a defensive one.

In essence.... In the future coercion/manipulation can no longer be achieved.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:07 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,315,098 times
I'm not sure I get your point? Do you feel the US should have a hegemony on saber rattling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies