Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 09:10 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why not go straight to the source: the US DOJ...
https://www.justice.gov/usao/justice-101/federal-courts

That's why both the Illinois and Virginia school district cases were/are being tried in federal court. The SWIC case (Illinois community college) originally filed in state court? Removed to federal court. Etc.

Literally millions of liberals/Dems are ignorant of laws and legal procedures when they take ill-informed positions on issues. I'm sorry about that, but there's nothing I can do about it when they deliberately choose to remain ignorant.
Quote:
"The federal district court is the starting point for any case arising under federal statutes, the Constitution, or treaties. This type of jurisdiction is called “original jurisdiction.” Sometimes, the jurisdiction of state courts will overlap with that of federal courts, meaning that some cases can be brought in both courts. The plaintiff has the initial choice of bringing the case in state or federal court. However, if the plaintiff chooses state court, the defendant may sometimes choose to “remove” to federal court"
And since when does "may sometimes" become "almost always"?

I "may sometimes" choose to wear my boots, that does not mean that I "almost always" wear my boots.

Still having trouble backing up your claims? Maybe a dictionary would help, the issue seems to be your understanding of the meaning of words in the English vocabulary.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:19 AM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And since when does "may sometimes" become "almost always"?

I "may sometimes" choose to wear my boots, that does not mean that I "almost always" wear my boots.

Still having trouble backing up your claims? Maybe a dictionary would help, the issue seems to be your understanding of the meaning of words in the English vocabulary.
Ignore legal reality. That's your right. But liberals/Dems just continue to prove their ignorance in doing so.

I've already provided the US DOJ link. Sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "la la la la la..." won't make legal reality go away no matter how hard you wish upon a magical unicorn.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:19 AM

57,298 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Incorrect. Diversity isn't required in cases of overlapping jurisdiction and/or federal question, such as discrimination and Civil Rights claims.

That's why both the Illinois and Virginia school district cases were/are being tried in federal court. The SWIC case (Illinois community college)? Removed to federal court. Etc.

Literally millions of liberals/Dems are ignorant of laws and legal procedures when they take ill-informed positions on issues. I'm sorry about that, but there's nothing I can do about it when they deliberately choose to remain ignorant.
Yes my mistake, there are exceptions for constitutional issues and others that fall under federal jurisdiction where complete Diversity is not required, a normal discrimination case which does not meet the federal guidelines cannot be moved.

A defendant can not get a case moved without meeting the guidelines, that is different than what you stated earlier. No one is arguing that exceptions don't exist, but a rather large majority of cases end up in state court for many reasons I described.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:20 AM

To recap, only 26% believe transgenders should be able to choose which restroom, changing room, locker room, shower room, etc., facilities they use.

Source: NBC poll. Already posted.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Ignore legal reality. T
So still nothing to back up your claim?

Old 04-13-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes my mistake, there are exceptions for constitutional issues and others that fall under federal jurisdiction where complete Diversity is not required, a normal discrimination case which does not meet the federal guidelines cannot be moved.

A defendant can not get a case moved without meeting the guidelines, that is different than what you stated earlier.
No, it is not. It's what I've always maintained. In order for a discrimination case to remain in a North Carolina state court, North Carolina would have to have listed protected classes that are not already included in federal listed protected classes, and the case would have to be filed on any such additional state-protected class. North Carolina does not have that issue.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:31 AM

57,298 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
No, it is not. It's what I've always maintained. In order for a discrimination case to remain in a North Carolina state court, North Carolina would have to have listed protected classes that are not already included in federal listed protected classes, and the case would have to be filed on any such additional state-protected class. North Carolina does not have that issue.

That's not true at all and definitely not what you have been saying.

Quote:
Defendant's lawyers nearly always remove such cases to federal court. I've explained why. I'm sorry you don't like it, but it's a matter and fact of law.

NC's law streamlines the process, and saves both plaintiffs and the state resources that would be wasted on a step in the process that will cost plaintiffs money and cost taxpayers money and lost state employee productivity but ultimately yield nothing in return..

Old 04-13-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That's not true at all and definitely not what you have been saying.
How is what I posted not accurate?

Defense attorneys KNOW local juries are more prejudiced, so they almost always remove overlapping jurisdiction discrimination cases to federal court. That's just a matter of legal fact. I'm sorry so many liberals/Dems are ignorant of such, but there's nothing I can do about people who willfully choose to remain ignorant.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:38 AM

Just so everyone knows that bullies are trying to force this on Americans when they clearly DON'T want it...

Only 26% believe transgenders should be able to choose which restroom, changing room, locker room, shower room, etc., facilities they use.

Source: NBC poll. Already posted.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
How is what I posted not accurate?

Defense attorneys KNOW local juries are more prejudiced, so they almost always remove overlapping jurisdiction discrimination cases to federal court. That's just a matter of legal fact. I'm sorry so many liberals/Dems are ignorant of such, but there's nothing I can do about people who willfully choose to remain ignorant.
Do employment and public accommodation cases even go before a jury? The cases I have seen are only heard by a judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies