Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 10:38 AM

30,256 posts, read 23,746,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And so the world turns. Seattle, the city leading us to more and more government regulation, is leading the way to even more chaos. I'm sure nobody will be surprised about this event;
----------------------
Man causes concern when he undresses in female locker room, cites city’s new gender rule

When a Seattle pool’s staff was alerted to a man changing in the women’s locker room, there was nothing they could thanks to the city’s new gender rule.

The staff also claimed that the man did not seem to be transgender.

- See more at: Man causes concern when he undresses in female locker room, cites city’s new gender rule – Joe Walsh
Wait a minute, we were scolded and chastised for ever even saying that this could happen.

Huh.

I'm sure the excuse makers will come along and make more excuses for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 10:41 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,784,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Like most men have never seen a naked woman or most women have never seen a naked man. This is sheer idiocy.
Do these women want to be seen naked by a stranger? By the best estimates there are roughly 700,000 transgendered people in the United States. That is roughly .3% of the population. Why are we making laws to make .3% of the population "comfortable" resulting in 99.7% of the remaining population uncomfortable?

I am not judging people but if you are transgendered and feel uncomfortable using a locker room that fits your current equipment maybe you should not participate in that activity. Maybe you change before you go to the pool. Maybe you change at home?

Old 04-12-2016, 10:43 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,867,177 times
Ya know, on second thought... I might have been wrong about this law.
I'm heading to the gym!!!!
And I'm gonna need a shower.
In the ladies room.
Because I am a lesbian. Or rather, I identify as a lesbian woman.
Or something like that. Whatever I'm going in!

Old 04-12-2016, 10:45 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Like most men have never seen a naked woman or most women have never seen a naked man. This is sheer idiocy.
I know right?

That's probably what he was telling all the naked women in the locker room who were uncomfortable.

"No reason for concern ladies, I've seen it all before".

Old 04-12-2016, 10:46 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,810,844 times
This will just hasten the availability of single stall restrooms and changing rooms. They'll become the norm instead of the multi stall/changing room model we now have. I'm good with that and it solves everyone's problems.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:47 AM

643 posts, read 471,936 times
Where do the Feminazis come down on this? The knife cuts both ways, liberal asshats never learn this.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:59 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
As a women, if I had ever noticed a transgender person using the women's restroom prior to this law and she was not acting creepy and really just using the restroom in her own private bathroom stall like everyone else in the restroom I would not have thought twice about it. I see the law actually creating new problems for women without solving a thing due to creeps like the man in the op taking advantage of the law and using it for the purpose to creep women out.

I love how some retail stores like Target and some gyms and rec centers have "family rooms" for families, probably originally intended for parents with children of the opposite sex or for caregivers of disabled of the opposite sex to provide assistance, to use the restroom and change clothes (they are small private rooms). I think that having something like this in addition to the male/female locker rooms makes much more sense then allowing people of the opposite gender to use whatever room they would like.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:00 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,784,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
This will just hasten the availability of single stall restrooms and changing rooms. They'll become the norm instead of the multi stall/changing room model we now have. I'm good with that and it solves everyone's problems.
Great. Because we don't want to make .3% of the population "uncomfortable" we will spend billions of dollars upgrading every school gym locker room?

Old 04-12-2016, 11:10 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Great. Because we don't want to make .3% of the population "uncomfortable" we will spend billions of dollars upgrading every school gym locker room?

Or just add a single extra bathroom to the existing facilities which would not only benefit transgenders but also mothers of young boys, fathers of young daughters and caregivers of the opposite sex to the elderly and disabled.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:19 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,836 times
ISIS is sending fighters though the refugee waves.
USA debt is still rapidly rising and the fed rate is still under 1%.
The southern border is wide open, as usual.
The Federal government is sending weapons to drug cartels and no one is being punished.

But somehow making transgender folks lives easier and making them feel welcomed to the top priority of this nation. Is this freaking insane folks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies