Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 10:06 AM

17,639 posts, read 17,750,513 times

Advertisements

Feds to Fine Schools For Not Following Obama

Now that some schools have backed out of Michelle's program, they're now going to threaten fines to enforce her draconian rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 10:10 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
What Obama is doing by doing this is say "vote GOP". No, they are no better but that is how it will be seen by many.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:15 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,742,043 times
Keep the government out of my lunchbox!!! The Obama's are hypocrites. Their kids don't eat the same food at Sidwell Friends.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:22 AM

24,027 posts, read 15,133,478 times
In my town and school district, the feds pay for over 65% of meals at schools. We now provide breakfast for anybody under 18 who walks in the door, no questions asked. They are getting bids for food trucks to go into the neighborhoods to take meals when there is no school.

Questioned about throwing out fruits and vegetables, a dietitian remarked the kids in her district could not identify a pear. They thought it was funny shaped apple. She also said many of the kids had dinner a fast food restaurants and convenience stores most nights.

Look into the reduced and free lunch program. It is a big scam.

IMO, if the taxpayer is buying meals at around 2.50 dollars a meal, the taxpayer can decide what is gonna be served.

My kids ate what was on the table. Their lunches were in a brown bag. The food served at school did not meet my standards years ago. All fat, sugar and empty carbs.

Read the article. The only fines will be to lunch rooms run by congenital idiots.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:23 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,971,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
In my town and school district, the feds pay for over 65% of meals at schools. We now provide breakfast for anybody under 18 who walks in the door, no questions asked. They are getting bids for food trucks to go into the neighborhoods to take meals when there is no school.

Questioned about throwing out fruits and vegetables, a dietitian remarked the kids in her district could not identify a pear. They thought it was funny shaped apple. She also said many of the kids had dinner a fast food restaurants and convenience stores most nights.

Look into the reduced and free lunch program. It is a big scam.

IMO, if the taxpayer is buying meals at around 2.50 dollars a meal, the taxpayer can decide what is gonna be served.

My kids ate what was on the table. Their lunches were in a brown bag. The food served at school did not meet my standards years ago. All fat, sugar and empty carbs.

Read the article. The only fines will be to lunch rooms run by congenital idiots.
Have you ever NOT defended this failed President?

Old 03-29-2016, 10:28 AM

24,543 posts, read 17,297,674 times
Why is this any different than obama care? THEY mandate health insurance to all but some still many are on the cusp where it would be a burden to buy insurance but they don't qualify for assistance so there is a fine placed on them for not having it.

I get nervous anytime the Gov. says we are here to help with a terrific program that is going to solve everything and when it doesn't they impose tax, fines and penalties.

What looks good on paper often doesn't translate to the real world.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:32 AM

24,027 posts, read 15,133,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Have you ever NOT defended this failed President?
FWIW, there are many thing about O that pizz me off. I did vote for him the first time, but his early on appointments verified he is just one more politician standing up for the status quo.

I am neither defending O or his wife. Don't give a durn about either. I am on my broom defending feeding kids nutritious meals. As we all should.

Where did this program originate?

Old 03-29-2016, 10:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why is this any different than obama care?
The (D)'s lost the House and Senate over that.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:41 AM

17,639 posts, read 17,750,513 times
One way to protest is for all parents to send their kids to school with lunches from home.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:43 AM

952 posts, read 519,853 times
I have never understood this argument. The federal gov't (whether it should or not) pays a huge amount for free or reduced priced meals in the public schools. What is wrong with imposing nutrition guidelines in order for schools to get this money?

When my children were in school and I didn't make alot of money, the school would actually pressure me (although their lunch tickets were always paid) to apply for reduced price meals because the gov't paid them more per meal than they could charge the parents. Told them 'no thanks' and the kids got good, balanced meals in a small town school cafeteria.

Who are these parents that insist that their children cannot eat healthy food, and it is abusive to try to make them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies