Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 10:22 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,319,171 times

Advertisements

I thought this was interesting so I wanted to share.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ly-democratic/

Any theories about why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 10:43 PM

29,607 posts, read 16,577,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post

Any theories about why?
Black people like Democratic party policies.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:48 PM

6,398 posts, read 6,288,505 times
Quote:

Any theories about why?
I watched a documentary recently re the Kennedy and Nixon election. Kennedy called Mrs MLK to share condolences when he was arrested around 1962. Nixon did not.

Those interviewed seemed to think this THE turning point and this chart reflects that. Seems sensible to me.

CNN on Demand: Race for the Whitehouse Series. Good show.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,241,592 times
Because we want to.

And because the other party doesn't exactly have the warm fuzzies about us. In fact, they're openly hostile.

Read through these threads sometime.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:11 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,408,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Not sure many black voters could tell you what the policies of the Democrats they vote for happen to be.

My personal experience is that voters generally are pretty short on details, blacks being no exception.

Of course the real reason blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat is that Democrats blame whites for black dysfunction.

And since blacks consistently dominate every conceivable category of ****-uppery, a bunch of well-dressed and well-spoken Ivy league educated SJWs putting the blame and the shame elsewhere is a must have for people who will not face their own ugly ****ing reality.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:16 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,319,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But why? Look at Detroit, Flint, and other cities within the Midwest and Northeast that are run by Democrat. These cities in particular are falling into disrepair yet they always say we'll fix the school systems and lower the crime which never truly happens. The problem with Hartford (which is majority black and where I live) is that people within the city don't care who gets elected, as long as they keep their welfare services and programs then they're happy. A republican would most likely take that away but if a city is struggling THAT bad, why not make a change? Makes you realize people care more about themselves rather than the community they're in.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:27 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,101,759 times
This thread is gonna get ugly, I just know.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:42 PM

Quote:
But why? Look at Detroit, Flint, and other cities within the Midwest and Northeast that are run by Democrat. These cities in particular are falling into disrepair yet they always say we'll fix the school systems and lower the crime which never truly happens. The problem with Hartford (which is majority black and where I live) is that people within the city don't care who gets elected, as long as they keep their welfare services and programs then they're happy. A republican would most likely take that away but if a city is struggling THAT bad, why not make a change? Makes you realize people care more about themselves rather than the community they're in.

Why is the Go to argument of Right of center people like yourself to "look at Detroit" or rust belt cities. The problem with places like that isnt that they are Democratic, it is that the economy of those cities was based on one industry, Cars, and when they fell(lost market share) , those cities crumbled.

further more. Most large cities have Democratic mayors and have so for a long time. Bye, Bye GOP Mayors?

Bringing up Detroit or even FLint as your end all to the discussion is easily dismissed by all the other metropolises that are thriving.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:44 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,471,813 times
FDR got the ball rolling with the New Deal, the Civil Rights Act was passed under LBJ, Goldwater was against civil rights, and Nixon dog-whistling to Southern Whites was probably the nail in the coffin. Reagan dog-whistled to Southern Whites some more and used the image of the (black) welfare queen and affirmative action as wedges with political impunity since most Blacks had already moved over to the Dems; in fact it was really good politics at the time.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 04-14-2016 at 11:52 PM..

Old 04-14-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Not sure many black voters could tell you what the policies of the Democrats they vote for happen to be.

My personal experience is that voters generally are pretty short on details, blacks being no exception.

Of course the real reason blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat is that Democrats blame whites for black dysfunction.

And since blacks consistently dominate every conceivable category of ****-uppery, a bunch of well-dressed and well-spoken Ivy league educated SJWs putting the blame and the shame elsewhere is a must have for people who will not face their own ugly ****ing reality.

What your actually arguing in your post is that the electorate in general is short on details. You have a right to that opinion, and the one you posted after that. it doesnt make it correct, but you still have a right to it.

THat being said, I have no idea what makes you believe that other than conservative media continuously pushing that narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies