Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 07:22 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,924,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If you think only bathrooms are involved in the facilities listed, you're WOEFULLY under-informed.
EXACTLY!

This is the point many people are missing. They keep focusing on single stall toilets, not realizing it includes these thousands of open air SHOWERS we have in this country.

That means, in the way the Charlotte NC ordinance was written, a biological male can legally shower with girls if he "claims" he identifies as female. And believe it or not, some people were actually fine with that. Mind you they were the extreme minority, but they were the loudest ones.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:28 AM

1,100 posts, read 635,524 times
From the NC Libertarian Party:

Quote:
The Libertarian Party has joined the growing list of organizations calling for the repeal of House Bill 2.

"The state has no authority to determine gender," the unanimous resolution states. HB 2 also “unduly intrudes state authority into local decision-making and unreasonably limits the ability of the citizens ... to govern themselves.”

In addition, the bill reduces individual rights because it “bans citizens from using state courts to remedy discrimination”

Nic Haag, Libertarian candidate for NC Senate 44, introduced the resolution. It was endorsed by General Assembly candidates Brad Hessel, NC Senate 15, Brian Irving, NC House 36, and Rob Rose, NC 37.

The convention was held in Raleigh last weekend.

The convention also passed a resolution calling for the repeal of the ban on counting write-in votes. The state does not count the votes for persons who haven't gathered enough petition signatures.

This “amounts to the legislature picking and choosing which votes to count, sometimes yielding suspicious results like unanimous vote tallies in our statewide elections,” the resolutions says.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
From the NC Libertarian Party:
HB2 is certainly flawed and needs to be re-written, no doubt, but it would not have even been there if that awful Charlotte Ordinance was not passed with its crazy "let's all shower together" model.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:43 AM

13,486 posts, read 9,991,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
So as the bathroom issue goes, the showers follow.

In Oregon if any normal boy claims he "identifies" as a female he is free to walk into a girl's shower in a public school. This is how far this issue has sunk.
How so? It would be pretty obvious to all, should someone who's not transgender outside of the bathroom "claim" to be transgender once they're in there that they're full of it.

It is not legal to go into a bathroom and commit various offenses, like peeping, exposing oneself for sexual gratification, soliciting for sex, or sexual assault.

Doesn't matter what gender you are or whether you're in that gender's assigned bathroom, shower, wherever.

Just ask Larry Craig and Goerge Michael.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:45 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,667,900 times
Why are you so obsessed with this issue?

Old 04-26-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
How so? It would be pretty obvious to all, should someone who's not transgender outside of the bathroom "claim" to be transgender once they're in there that they're full of it.
That is part of the problem. As most transgenders have not completed or do not intend to have genital reassignment surgery, how would it be obvious at all if it was a true transgender showering in front of girls with his penis hanging there or just your run of the mill Joe with his penis hanging there, showering in front of the girls?

How come the girls do not matter anymore? How come the parents of the girls do not matter anymore? How come only .0003% of the population is what matters above all others?

Old 04-26-2016, 08:58 AM

1,329 posts, read 833,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
EXACTLY!
That means, in the way the Charlotte NC ordinance was written, a biological male can legally shower with girls if he "claims" he identifies as female. And believe it or not, some people were actually fine with that. Mind you they were the extreme minority, but they were the loudest ones.
I can tell you know little about the experiences of actual transpeople. It seems to me what is happening here is projecting your own sexual objectification of women onto transwomen. Seriously, they just want to be able to use the bathroom without breaking some crazy law. IT would be WORSE if a transwoman went into the mens room, they could be subjecting themselves to the risk of harassment or violence.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
I can tell you know little about the experiences of actual transpeople. It seems to me what is happening here is projecting your own sexual objectification of women onto transwomen. Seriously, they just want to be able to use the bathroom without breaking some crazy law. IT would be WORSE if a transwoman went into the mens room, they could be subjecting themselves to the risk of harassment or violence.
Many of us having issues about how some of the ordinances are written are that non transgenders can use it as a loophole to shower with girls legally, as there is no way to "legally" enforce it. That is why in the statement you quoted I said "claimed" to be transgender......because I was referring to people who are not transgender, but would abuse the ordinance. It has already started happening in this country and in Canada they had bad enough issues where they had to reverse the ordinance.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:04 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,843,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
After swim classes my son doesn't shower and change, in fact none of the kids do. They tend to leave in their swim suits or toss their shorts over their swimsuits. And at every gym I have been to in the last ten years there are large shower stalls with plenty of room to put your clothes while showering and get dressed in. Women aren't running around naked in the locker room.

I agree with this.

My son has gym and they don't even take showers afterwards anymore. Hell, when I was in high school in the 1990s we didn't take showers at school either.

I am a member of a couple of health clubs and all of our locker rooms have stalls with shower curtains so you don't see naked people taking showers.

Honestly, it seems like a lot of people on this forum are obsessed with transgender issues that are not an issue at all. You are making up stuff to get upset/outraged about.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:07 AM

89,194 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
That is part of the problem. As most transgenders have not completed or do not intend to have genital reassignment surgery, how would it be obvious at all if it was a true transgender showering in front of girls with his penis hanging there or just your run of the mill Joe with his penis hanging there, showering in front of the girls?

How come the girls do not matter anymore? How come the parents of the girls do not matter anymore? How come only 0.3% of the population is what matters above all others?
Good question.

Only 33%
of transgenders complete sex-reassignment surgery.

http://www.thetaskforce.org/static_h.../ntds_full.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.