Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2016, 09:43 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,808,097 times

Advertisements

This seriously seems like the most logical solution. People are in the restroom to do one thing and it's hard to believe how much of a controversy this has become. This would allow transgender people to use the restroom that corresponds to their gender identity, but it would avoid the potential problems that might come with legislation on either side of this issue. Maybe there shouldn't be legislation at all and we should just go with a "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy as it has always been. Does anybody else agree?

I realize the issue becomes more complicated when dealing with locker rooms and showers, but for public restrooms and dressing rooms this should be a sensible solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 09:48 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This seriously seems like the most logical solution. People are in the restroom to do one thing and it's hard to believe how much of a controversy this has become. This would allow transgender people to use the restroom that corresponds to their gender identity, but it would avoid the potential problems that might come with legislation on either side of this issue. Maybe there shouldn't be legislation at all and we should just go with a "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy as it has always been. Does anybody else agree?
I think we should just follow our appearance. You look like a man? Then go to the male bathroom. You look like a woman? Then go to the female bathroom.

This is how it has worked in the past, before social justice warriors made a big issue out of it.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:01 AM

24,473 posts, read 17,215,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I think we should just follow our appearance. You look like a man? Then go to the male bathroom. You look like a woman? Then go to the female bathroom.

This is how it has worked in the past, before social justice warriors made a big issue out of it.

Ha "Social Justice Warriors" I like that. I have been calling them the PC crowd or PC Bunch.

Obviously transgendered people have been using the restrooms of their choice for years now and there has been very little issue or backlash but now that those Social Justice Warriors have taken a stand on this the legislatures have to start making laws which will cover it one way or another.

My concern is that once a law is made there will be someone that will find a loop hole. I can just see how some pervert who gets off listening to a girl do her business will lurk in a ladies bathroom making everyone feel uncomfortable and if the police are called to get him out of there he will walk simply by saying " I identify as a woman" and the Police fearing a lawsuit will let him go.

I wonder what the next crusade will be for the PC Justice Warriors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies