Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 01:57 PM

408 posts, read 696,158 times

Advertisements

That is a small number, and of course there are going to be irresponsible people gay and straight. That doesn't mean that they should not have rights. There are thousands upon thousands of heterosexual parents that are not paying their child support. So if I were to compare the stats then homosexuals are winning in responsibility and love department
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 02:01 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaShay87 View Post
That is a small number, and of course there are going to be irresponsible people gay and straight. That doesn't mean that they should not have rights. There are thousands upon thousands of heterosexual parents that are not paying their child support. So if I were to compare the stats then homosexuals are winning in responsibility and love department
Nobody is saying that anyone shouldn't have rights.

Marriage, however, is defined as "the union of a man and a woman."

Thus, people have the right to marry anyone they please, as long as the other person is of the opposite sex.

There. Wasn't that easy?

Old 03-28-2008, 02:06 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Nobody said humans need to procreate. Please dont read things into my statements, I say what I mean.

Since homosexuality cant bring forth children, the reason sex & a sex drive exist & since two men can certainly love each other & be friends without sex. They can share their lives & live together each contributing to a common goal. Room mates so to speak, happens all the time.

Then yes I think your right gay relationships are only signifigant because they involve sex. If its your opinion that sex isn't the defining act then why not simply allow two single buddies to marry? If sex isn't important why cant family members marry for the social benefits?

The entire idea is silly & only lives because of how convoluted reality has become in the minds of the liberal left.

Consider this, if it was normal we wouldn't be having this talk.
They're significant because they involve love, companionship, support, and stability. It's not the same relationship as two brothers or two friends.

Plus gay couples can be parents, myself included. Yet we, as a couple, lack a LOT of rights married couples have, which in the end, is bad for our children. If this country strongly supported gay couples and adoption, it would help solve a big problem.

Your attempt to rationalize your dislike of gay people makes no sense to me.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

Thus, people have the right to marry anyone they please, as long as the other person is of the opposite sex.

There. Wasn't that easy?
If it would help you:

Marriage- ceremony to bind two souls through love and commitment, and the understanding to bring together and share their lives.

Now see..that seems pretty simple

Old 03-28-2008, 02:10 PM

582 posts, read 2,039,264 times
Quote:
Who ever said they should not have rights?I'm not here to bash gays as far as i'm concerned there on the same boat i am because i am a minority and i get s@$%%$D on all day.What i can say is welcome to the real world.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:12 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
If it would help you:

Marriage- ceremony to bind two souls through love and commitment, and the understanding to bring together and share their lives.

Now see..that seems pretty simple
Oh, I see. We get to change definitions at will.

Up: down.

Down: up.

You're good to go, Mama!

Old 03-28-2008, 02:14 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,872,703 times
Still call it a "civil union" ceremony, not "marriage" ceremony. Give gay couples rights, etc, just don't call it marriage.

I agree with this post by Yeledaf:

Originally Posted by Yeledaf

There. Wasn't that easy?

Old 03-28-2008, 02:30 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,872,703 times
Mamashay,

Your definition of marriage sounds more like how I would define a very good "friendship"

Old 03-28-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
Who ever said they should not have rights?I'm not here to bash gays as far as i'm concerned there on the same boat i am because i am a minority and i get s@$%%$D on all day.What i can say is welcome to the real world.
I am as well but that has nothing to do with it. But name the rights that are currently not allowed for you.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
Mamashay,

Your definition of marriage sounds more like how I would define a very good "friendship"

Friendship is not sealed with a ceremony expressing your love for the other, but a romantic relationship is. But I do know couples that are married and feel that their spouse is their best friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies