Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2016, 05:17 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times

Advertisements

These two states have cut mental health care funding for citizens because supposedly illegals need it! I posted on here a little while ago the article about Oklahoma. Now Illinois jumped aboard. What am I missing? Why does our government fall all over themselves to do so much for illegals? I know, Money, but, you would think somethings would be untouchable. Like this, How does it make sense to anyone, to take mental health care away from citizens who have already been in the system, to give it to illegals? How could anyone feel that's right? They can't. I don't get it. I'm sure if these two states are doing it, more are. We just haven't heard about it yet.

https://www.conservativereview.com/c...abled-kids-aid

"Here’s your “America’s screwed-up priorities” story of the day from the progressive-infested land of corruption, the state of Illinois.

In late April, the state House of Representatives passed a bill to expand the so-called “All Kids” health care program in order to provide comprehensive, taxpayer-subsidized health benefits to illegal aliens under the age of 18. (The initial expansions of the bloated, out-of-control program to illegal immigrants were the brainchild of now-imprisoned corruptocrat Gov. Rod Blagojevich.) According to the Federation for American Immigration Reform, the program “has already cost the state over $500 million, and audits conducted by the Illinois Auditor General indicate that nearly 70% of enrollees and 65% of the total cost of the program comes from illegal aliens.”

"Funding their care directs the program’s resources away from people like my son and thousands of other legal citizens of the state. “It is so disheartening knowing legislators cut services for the 1,000 medically fragile, disabled children in Illinois who are citizens but did not cut out one of the over 75,000 men, women and children in this same program who are not citizens. - See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/wut-illinois-pols-expand-medicaid-for-illegals-slash-disabled-kids-aid#sthash.Yn8QZLEA.dpuf"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 05:20 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,011 times
Oklahoma shocks me. I'd think their politicians would know better than that. Illinois does not, their politicians are corrupt from top to bottom.

Don't ever decide to become a politician in that state. The corruption will suck you in, and there's no resisting it.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:24 PM

1,100 posts, read 633,988 times
Illinois is a failed state, as far as politics go...so it's not that shocking. As the poster above me stated, Oklahoma is a bit shocking though, that they would cut out mental health funding.

However, I'd like to see the actual bills for both states before passing full judgement.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:34 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Sure, just throw 'em in jail or let the cops shoot 'em. That'll solve the problem. Don't give help.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:16 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Oklahoma shocks me. I'd think their politicians would know better than that. Illinois does not, their politicians are corrupt from top to bottom.

Don't ever decide to become a politician in that state. The corruption will suck you in, and there's no resisting it.
Oklahoma never did much for mental health care, since closing down the insane asylums. The conservatives there pretty strongly feel that all able bodied people should stand up proud and straight and pay for their own medical care. Relying on the state to provide help with it is viewed as wrong and immoral, because it leads to dependency upon the state. So now Oklahoma ranks among the lowest states for mental health funding, while having one of the highest rates for mental illness.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:22 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Sure, just throw 'em in jail or let the cops shoot 'em. That'll solve the problem. Don't give help.
That nails it as it applies to Oklahoma. With mental illness so high in Oklahoma, no wonder that state has one of the highest rates of police killing people. The jails and prisons there are overcrowded, much of it from the mentally ill.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:54 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Oklahoma never did much for mental health care, since closing down the insane asylums. The conservatives there pretty strongly feel that all able bodied people should stand up proud and straight and pay for their own medical care. Relying on the state to provide help with it is viewed as wrong and immoral, because it leads to dependency upon the state. So now Oklahoma ranks among the lowest states for mental health funding, while having one of the highest rates for mental illness.
They are in the pocket of the health care corporations. Thats the problem. They would sing another tune if the elections were publicly funded and legalized bribery didnt exist.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:54 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If you recall, when our good buddy Frank Keating basically shut down the mental hospitals in the mid '90s, one of the first things that happened with one of the displaced persons from Eastern State Hospital went over to the local hospital and shot and killed himself a nurse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies